Wanker?

suzecat

Dormant account
What does this mean where you come from? Seen it used both by British friends as well as Aussie friends. Being an American, I do have a suspicion or two about what that word means, but before I ever use it, I'd like a heads up about what it means. Wouldn't want to call someone a dickhead (there is probably a rule about that!) :D

It is used a lot here in the UK as a fairly low grade insult (although how low a grade would depend on how prudish you are). Take the "er" off the end and we also use it as a verb for what I shall tactfully describe as "the single person equivalent of an enjoyable activity best experienced in pairs".

Typically it is used as a kind of playful insult among friends - it is not regarded as overly offensive (but probably best not to shout it at total strangers - especially if they are bigger than your are).

It is used a lot here in the UK as a fairly low grade insult (although how low a grade would depend on how prudish you are). Take the "er" off the end and we also use it as a verb for what I shall tactfully describe as "the single person equivalent of an enjoyable activity best experienced in pairs".

Typically it is used as a kind of playful insult among friends - it is not regarded as overly offensive (but probably best not to shout it at total strangers - especially if they are bigger than your are).

The exception is when driving, where both the verbalisation and hand gesture are commonplace:p (You can't outrun a car, no matter how big you are:) ) Risky in urban areas though, as traffic can dramatically change the odds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back