wanker that embezzled a million pounds and gambled it

tennis_balls

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Location
Albuquerque, NM
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.


i don't excuse a guy like this because he's an "addict". also, it seems to me like the casinos/bookmakers/affilliates involved with this guy share some of the responsibility and need to step up and help out this jerk's employer. this kind of garbage just gives fuel to the charlatans leading the charge to ban online gambling.
 

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Location
Pennsylvania
tennis_balls said:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.


i don't excuse a guy like this because he's an "addict". also, it seems to me like the casinos/bookmakers/affilliates involved with this guy share some of the responsibility and need to step up and help out this jerk's employer. this kind of garbage just gives fuel to the charlatans leading the charge to ban online gambling.


wow...

He was stealing every day, sums up to £17,000 at a time, just before he was arrested.

You would think Ladbrokes would step up to the plate in this matter....

He asked for a further count of handling a money transfer by deception worth £452,027 to be taken into account.

At least he's taking full responsibility for his actions. That's alot more than I can say for alot of people that's been in his situation.
 

NoMouthToScream

Dormant account
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Location
USA
I can't believe that company had no checks and balances to see where the money was going. I mean yeah he's a bookkeeper, but at least have more than one to spread the responsilbility. That's a lot of money to go missing.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
Joined
Feb 22, 2001
Location
Earth
I was thinking exactly the same thing, NMTS - this is a 23 year old bookeeper for God's sake, yet he has been able to do in a financial sense pretty much what he likes from this article....and he has scuppered his company.

Incredible.
 

scrollock

Dormant account
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Location
boro, uk
i had a customer once, who lost 250,000 in a few months, he had a fairly menial job, but was placing bets of upto a 1,000 a race, everyone knew there was something up, yet my company did everything it could to encourage him to gamble.

bets of certain sizes (of which everyone of his exceeded) need to be referred before being excepted, yet the company orded whatever bet he gives you, take it!

he was allowed credit within the shop, one night the tills where 20,000 short, at which point he produced a bag to cover the debt.

his details and picture were circulated to everyshop in the area and were ordered to give him the same treatment.

cut a long story short, it turned out that although doing a menial job, his boss had gone away and handed responsibilty to banking the takings with him (as a trusted employee and friend to the owner), with this he had access to the companies finances and proceeded to blow the lot away.
 

craig_AA

Banned User
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Location
UK but work abroad
scrollock said:
i had a customer once, who lost 250,000 in a few months, he had a fairly menial job, but was placing bets of upto a 1,000 a race, everyone knew there was something up, yet my company did everything it could to encourage him to gamble.

bets of certain sizes (of which everyone of his exceeded) need to be referred before being excepted, yet the company orded whatever bet he gives you, take it!

he was allowed credit within the shop, one night the tills where 20,000 short, at which point he produced a bag to cover the debt.

his details and picture were circulated to everyshop in the area and were ordered to give him the same treatment.

cut a long story short, it turned out that although doing a menial job, his boss had gone away and handed responsibilty to banking the takings with him (as a trusted employee and friend to the owner), with this he had access to the companies finances and proceeded to blow the lot away.

IF and i say IF this is true then its a criminal act by both the punter and the company you talk about they are basically from what you say knowingly recieving stolen money and i have grave doubts that an betting firm would allow this knowingly but in the 0.01% chance it is true then id report this to the police immediately no further hesitation ..
 

Slotster!

I predict a riot.
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Location
Location, Location!
craig_AA said:
IF and i say IF this is true then its a criminal act by both the punter and the company you talk about they are basically from what you say knowingly recieving stolen money and i have grave doubts that an betting firm would allow this knowingly but in the 0.01% chance it is true then id report this to the police immediately no further hesitation ..

It's not in any way illegal to accept a bet, regardless of size, as the liability does not lie with the casino/bookmaker. Just because you have 'suspicion' does not mean you are liable to investigate/report.

The guy could be an eccentric lottery winner for all the bookies know. The moral/ethical issue is one thing, legally however - the organisation taking the bets are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Crazy story though... Not sure even I could go through £17,000 a day!! Would love to hear a comment from Skybet or Ladbrokes...
 
Top