Virus help

jenn1381

Hoping someone who is tech/computer virus savvy will know what to do and take a moment to reply... my computer has a virus - Gen:Variant.Kazy.76234 to be precise... I cannot get rid of it. Virus scanner (Rogers Online Protection) finds it, but cannot delete or quarentine it. Any other program I've tried (Panda, Zonealarm) doesn't even detect it at all. There is very little info about it online, other than it's a bad one... the instructions on how to get rid of it are greek to me. I did a system restore, but it didn't work - the virus somehow lived through it.

Anyone know anything that will work? Willing to pay for a program as long as it will work and delete it! I've been trying to get rid of it all day, I am out of idea's :(

It is very important that when you did the restore that you go into safe mode and log into admin. This is the only way to remove virus with a restore--if it is going to work at all... Good luck---Tech Resa

From what I've read, this one is a nasty one to try to deal with on your own. If you have a purchased/subscribed AV or internet protection, it might be worth your time to contact their customer support for help.

We have used Trend Micro for several years now. We think they are great. Pay once a year for about $40, I think.

We have never had a problem.

The service is good for up to 3 computers.

I believe there are some free ones out there, but, I don't know that for sure.

Hi Jenn, sorry you got virused. Note that you are in data management, does that give you an access to your techies, maybe they could help.do you know where you picked it up that could be useful to know.
Not that it helps now,I clone my hd to a remote weekly just in case also my IP provides a storage vault for important stuff,I add this info cos I got virused back in the day and could not get out of it short of complete dump off the hd and re install OS.thereby losing all files etc,but now safe in double storage remotely.
Virus protection has moved along considerably since then,plenty good products available but you do need to follow what it says on the tin,personally I get by with m'soft in house and BT running in tandom, never had a prob.Sorry if I am stating the obvious but when you ran restore you did go back beyond the date of infection...
Hope you get better soon..... Grif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back