vinylweatherdad

vinylweatherman

You type well loads
I have been asked by PM about my "vaccation" from the forum, well, it was an unexpected one.

My Father passed away during the last week of August, and was found on the morning of Saturday 30th. This was the point at which I simply vanished from the forum, having been posting enthusiastically during the week.
My nieces & nephew have also lost their Granddad.

I have this afternoon spare to post this & deal with a couple of PMs, but the funeral is Thursday, and I leave tomorrow.

I am acting as administrator for his estate, and am likely to be busy with this until all the paperwork has been prepared and sent off, after which I will have plenty of time on my hands waiting for the slow legal machinery to do it's work.

Dad came to live with me for 3 years when I became ill & had to leave work. He was also responsible for the "gambling gene" that I have inherited, being brought up on a diet of horseracing systems, honed for half a century, only to fail nearly every time he actually BACKED one of the horses indicated in his calculations;)
His work on horse racing systems is why I became interested in looking for "patterns" in other gambling games, such as Fruit Machines and even online slot games.
None of this can have come from my Mother's side, she has no enthusiasm for gambling, and neither does my Brother.

I'm real sorry to hear of your loss Vinyl, your dad sounds like he was a great man and someone I would have liked to have met. You have been missed around here.

On behalf of GoneGambling and our membership, please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your father.

I wish you all the best while handling what sometimes seems like endless details in settling an estate.

So very sorry to hear of your loss vinyl.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

I'm sorry for your loss, Vinyl. A loss of a beloved parent is a milestone of life we hope never comes but we know it is inevitable. I hope you have many precious memories of him.

VWM............that is a tough place to be and my condolences join those of the other members. Please let us know if there is any way we can assist you. :)

Thats the answer to one of my thoughts today, was wondering what happened to Vinyl. Sorry to hear of the news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Losing a parent is really distressing and my sympathies are with you Vinyl - come back as soon as you can.

My condolences to you, VWM, and P.I.P. to your father.

Sorry to hear about your Father. My thoughts and prayers are with you..

Wow, just saw this now. I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know what you're going through. Hang tough and hope to hear from you soon.

I have been catching up & posting today, but I am soon going to be leaving to prepare for the funeral tomorrow - my bags are already packed.

It's only 60 miles away, just over an hour's drive, so I will be back when I have a spare moment.

Keeping active and trying to ensure "business as usual" means I am not left with a pile of worry at the end of this.

I do now have more "business" to attend to, and anyone who has had experience of this under ENGLISH law may be able to help. My sister in law's father has quite some experience of probate matters, having gone through this for other relatives on her side of the family, and I have been advised to do it myself, rather than hand it over to the legal profession, which would be far more costly, and probably a good deal slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back