VideoPoker on RTG - is it programmed?

XOXOXOXOXOX

Let em spin...
PABaccred
I really like double double bonus and play it mostly on RTG. But it does not seem to me that hands are totally random.

For example, 9-9-7-6-5
many times I got something like that, a pair and an inside straight, wanted to hold the pair first but then went for a straight and got it. :eek:
I am not an expert but i think the basic strategy tells us to hold a pair.

# 4 5 6 7 7 Low pair or 4 to an outside straight with 0 high cards: Keep the low pair
# 3 4 5 6 8 4 to an outside straight with 0 high cards or 3 to a straight flush (any type): Go for the straight
# 4 5 6 J Q 3 to a straight flush (type 1) or 2 suited high cards: Go for the straight flush
# 9 J Q K 3 2 suited high cards or 4 to an inside straight with 3 high cards: Keep the 2 suited high cards
# J A 2 3 4 2 suited high cards or 3 to a straight flush (type 1 or 2): Keep the 2 suited high cards
# 8 9 J Q K 4 to an inside straight with 3 high cards or 3 to a straight flush (type 2): Keep 4 to an inside straight with 3 high cards

Well, i dont really care as long as they let me win and entertain but makes me think about that "randomness" again.

:rolleyes:

Not sure... my own experience of video poker is it seems to take in a certain amount of coins before it pays you back, similar to how a slot machine works. I notice this with all video pokers on all software platforms. Sometimes long losing runs can be followed by a series of wins, that bring your balance back to roughly were it was when you started, or even better above... sometimes there can be very long runs of nothing... and sometimes you can get bizarre experiences like 2 four of a kinds followed by fullhouses and flushes... this to me seems to happen after long runs of nothing... it feels to me it pays out once it has taken in a certain amount of coins...

They're supposed to be random, but my gut feeling is that they aren't random...

It is impossible to find out the truth about how random, online games are. Lots of wiring and code beneath the dashboard we don't see, we just take their word that it isn't rigged.... but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back