Video footage of Aussie's fighting over toilet paper

Yes I dont really get it, do they not have Dock Leaves or similar in Oz?

Heres the top 10 things you can use instead of toilet paper according to a survivalist site.

1) T-Shirt
2) Hand
3) Page of a book or journal
4) Money
5) Rock (Apparently a favourite with ancient civilisations) Brings new meaning to the rockford files (piles).
6) Sock
7) Wooly Mullein (a plant)
8) Fuki (another plant)
9) Snow (Apparently consistency is key, i think they mean the snow but the other will surely play a part)
10) A Lake or body of water

You missed the stick with the cloth on the end that the romans used
hence the term got the shitty end of the stick, a term often used when blowing your money
at Corals then finding out you were playing at 92%

Brilliant, didnt know that.

I love the origins of sayings. One of my favourites is ' As mad as a Hatter' which comes from victorian times (i think) and the hatters polish that was so toxic it sent them mad.

Edit: Just like you have to be to play at Corals :)

Whys everyone going mad for toilet rolls? I get (sort of) hand wash, but toilet rolls? I've got about 200 left from before xmas when amazon had a pricing error so I'm ok anyway, going to look bloody weird walking into my new house carrying 20 packs of 12 bog rolls like, might take them when its dark so the neighbours don't think i'm nuts :D

Who knew toilet rolls would be such a valuable currency and create an underground Cack Market

tenor.gif

Whys everyone going mad for toilet rolls? I get (sort of) hand wash, but toilet rolls? I've got about 200 left from before xmas when amazon had a pricing error so I'm ok anyway, going to look bloody weird walking into my new house carrying 20 packs of 12 bog rolls like, might take them when its dark so the neighbours don't think i'm nuts :D
There's a few ideas going around why people in Aus are doing this, social media stories, heard mentality when one person does it everyone follows or FOMO (fear of missing out) other suggestions are that people think they can use toilet paper as a temp mask or as a substitute for tissues or napkins.

A further suggestion is people want to maintain their lifestyle and the thought of not being able to "wipe your bum" is enough to send some people into a sense of panic.

One rumour I read was that people in Aus mistakenly believe that it comes from China when Australia produces 60% of it's own supply.

People at times are utterly pathetic.
this silly hysteria is laughable, those that buy into probably believe what streamers tell them to.
lowest form of human.

And what a lifestyle they maintain. Dare I suggest it's some of these.....'people' that clamour over every last in-store toilet roll that likely don't even wash their hands after using the restrooms.

I have many accounts of such foul beings from many a restroom usage

And what a lifestyle they maintain. Dare I suggest it's some of these.....'people' that clamour over every last in-store toilet roll that likely don't even wash their hands after using the restrooms.

I had a newsletter from my daughters school telling me to ensure I make sure she washes her hands.
I took umbrage at this and spoke to the head mistress who is sensible and normal.
I told her it’s basic hygiene and my daughter is well aware of the basic of it and has been since a very early age, it’s normal and decent parenting.
sadly she informed me some parents need to be reminded of this...
that’s the pathetic world we live in today, how depressing.

One aussie family are not concerned about the panic buying of toilet rolls after accidentally ordering 48 boxes instead of 48 rolls of toilet paper from the fantastically named online store "who gives a crap".

The family have worked out it will take them 12 years to use them all.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Don't forget Toilet Paper man and his roadside selling antics...:rolleyes:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
:

I take it the Fosters all went within the first 24 hours.
Aussies don't actually drink Fosters. One of those Urban Myths you hear.

Be prepared for a visit from some local idiotic loo roll ram-raiders very soon! :eek2:

Not sure if you are being serious - can never tell with you, Goatie - but it always amazes me the number of people who don't wash their hands before using the toilet. All that grit and grime from daily activities and then those same hands being near your private bits? Ewww!

One aussie family are not concerned about the panic buying of toilet rolls after accidentally ordering 48 boxes instead of 48 rolls of toilet paper from the fantastically named online store "who gives a crap".

The family have worked out it will take them 12 years to use them all.
It will have turned to dust long before 12 years are up as the quality of loo roll can be pretty dicey. In fact, there are numerous threads on the Internet about what loo roll brand is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back