Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Health And Wellness

Vegans, vegetarians and health-conscious eaters

Jasminebed

Game old gal
Got some.favourite meals or websites? I enjoy trying new things, or being reminded of old things I like.
Nuking some black eyed peas and collard greens I made Tuesday. Not my finest, as I bought canned beans, and this brand was pretty soft, so the collard greens were not cooked enough as I added the beans too early. While I am not from the southern US, I love any kind of cooked greens.

fuleske1

Newbie member
Hi All,

I just started to being vegan 2 months ago to cure my IBS.It is my second attempt, first was full vegan without soy and almonds, now i am doing it with soy. It is easier a bit now :) is there any great websties with great recipes? :)

fuleske1

Newbie member
Thanks. At the first try i odererd from vegan restaurant all the time where they go with gourment vegan dishes, but it was kinda expensive so i have to do it for myself and i am curious what can i make.

I had to skip soy because it can be make the same allergic symptoms as lactose and i have to figure it out. Its called cross allergy or sth like this.

Jasminebed

Game old gal
Dinner tonight is eggplant with Black Bean sauce. I use fish sauce in mine, but it could be left out, and there is a vegan alternative I believe.
What is your cooking skill level?

Grain plus legume with veggies is pretty widespread around the world, with a lot of.difference coming from regional seasoning.

fuleske1

Newbie member
I almost forget eggplant, maybe i will make some kind of stuffed from it with "wheat meat" (or how it called it in english) and vegan cheese.

My skills are limited, maybe call it beginner. I am that kind of guy i order instead of waste the money and the materials, but i hope GF will help :D

If i found sth really good meal, i will post is here :)

Are you doing vegeterian diet or vegan with fish?

Jasminebed

Game old gal
Seitan.
I am omnivore. I just eat less of it and/or less frequently. It is important I eat a lot of fibre. I certainly find more legume recipes on vegetarian and vegan sites.
Have you tried Beyond Meat?

fuleske1

Newbie member
I checked Beyon Meat, it looks good and i want to try but unfortunetly there isnt any retailer in my country.

Yes, this vegan thing can be good and interesting if you have the willing to think about how to mix the veggies and so on.

So now the next thing is to courage myself to make magic in the kitchen :D

Last edited:

fuleske1

Newbie member
I am from Hungary. We have some vegan workshops here so we can try several new products. Maybe one day we can buy BM here :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)