Veganism, not a good idea...

I worked Dietary for quite a few years. Soya is a huge NO NO, especially for women.
Vegetables should NOT be well fried in anything..period! They shouldnt even be well cooked. Contrary to your belief that raw foods destroy your intestinal villi, ( the hairs that help push your food through) it's actually the fibre from raw foods and blanched that help your gut and bowel stay healthy. Proteins can come from raw nuts like almonds. spinach, fish oils, huge list of things.
Dairy? It takes 24 hours for one glass of milk to digest, x's that by 3 glasses a day. That will destroy your villi. As will and gluten products like bread. Rule of thumb.if you can roll it into a ball and it doesnt fall apart, then the bread will expand inside your stomach. Rice bread is good choice.

Seems everyone has their own ideas, Dr Campbell-McBride has a degree in human nutrition, and she has cured many children with abnormal gut flora, children who would otherwise have been destined for a life of dependence on others. She agrees that raw veg is important for the occasional detox, which seems to be what you are referring to, but recommends cooking veg well in saturated fats, like butter, for general consumption. From what I have observed, I tend to agree with her.

I don't generally use milk, except to make kefir, nor do I eat bread, except home made baps made from oats, which are gluten free. I ferment the oats for a week with some buckwheat flour, this helps break down the phytates.

You have to eat a lot of nuts or spinach to get the protein requirement, especially in older people, whose cells die off quicker and need replacing.

I have my own views on healthy eating, and how hard that is nowadays, if you aren't growing your own veggies, or have chickens, cows, pigs and/or rabbits for meat, eggs, milk, then you will have to buy from 'healthy' farms - whereby healthy, in most cases, is at best subjective - or small local growers and such..

That aside, i noticed Japan was highlighted by the O.P., which struck me as funny, because it has statistically been proven numerous times, that Japan is one of the healthiest Countries in the world, and their varied diet, in which tofu, soy and fermented soy (miso) play a big role, is one of the key factors.

Some more on topic reading, to balance your view, which currently seem to be mostly influenced by that Cinderella article:

Japan:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

General:

But I wasn't knocking Japan, I said that they tend to eat their Tofu in a meal with red meat, which helps to mitigate the harmful effects of phytates.

Seems everyone has their own ideas, Dr Campbell-McBride has a degree in human nutrition, and she has cured many children with abnormal gut flora, children who would otherwise have been destined for a life of dependence on others. She agrees that raw veg is important for the occasional detox, which seems to be what you are referring to, but recommends cooking veg well in saturated fats, like butter, for general consumption. From what I have observed, I tend to agree with her.

I don't generally use milk, except to make kefir, nor do I eat bread, except home made baps made from oats, which are gluten free. I ferment the oats for a week with some buckwheat flour, this helps break down the phytates.

You have to eat a lot of nuts or spinach to get the protein requirement, especially in older people, whose cells die off quicker and need replacing.

Raw almonds. " raw" , a handful of that gives your daily requirements :) I can't stress how important it is to stay away from Soya. I just got finished battling stage 3 Breast Cancer, mine wasnt hormone related, but it can and does cause Breast Cancer, in both men and women. I use acidophilus, for a week every couple of months too.

Raw almonds. " raw" , a handful of that gives your daily requirements :) I can't stress how important it is to stay away from Soya. I just got finished battling stage 3 Breast Cancer, mine wasnt hormone related, but it can and does cause Breast Cancer, in both men and women. I use acidophilus, for a week every couple of months too.

Raw almonds are great, they can beat cancer on their own, I have a handful of apricot trees growing in the garden, you can crack open the kernels and eat them and it's the same thing.

I agree on the soya, I wouldn't go near it now.

I also take MSM (sulphur) together with sodium ascorbate (vit C) in a drink every day. That will also hold cancer at bay.

I use an earthed/grounded bedsheet, which puts me out like a light, as soon as I hit the mattress and will also hold many of these 'modern diseases' at bay, including cancer, and I am grounded whenever I am sitting down, with copper cables.

If I ever become affected by cancer, it will be because 'they' wanted me to get it, if you catch my drift.:)

Raw almonds are great, they can beat cancer on their own, I have a handful of apricot trees growing in the garden, you can crack open the kernels and eat them and it's the same thing.

I agree on the soya, I wouldn't go near it now.

I also take MSM (sulphur) together with sodium ascorbate (vit C) in a drink every day. That will also hold cancer at bay.

I use an earthed/grounded bedsheet, which puts me out like a light, as soon as I hit the mattress and will also hold many of these 'modern diseases' at bay, including cancer, and I am grounded whenever I am sitting down, with copper cables.

If I ever become affected by cancer, it will be because 'they' wanted me to get it, if you catch my drift.:)

Yes, I do. I have always been on top of things all diet related. But I have a very bad habit of always going in stress mode. Its my way of getting things done, I'm learning though to tackle things I have no control over an hour a day and then " letting it go". Stress is the number one killer of us humans.

One of my colleagues has been vegan for many years, and honestly I wish I looked like him. Healthy and strong, you'd probably think he's eating 3 whole chickens a day. But met him in Tesco's and the trolley looked depressing ;)

On the other side, another close friend is a single hippie mom, vegan and her kids are vegan too. Kids are 10, 8 and 5 and always sick. Not the best of ideas, in this climate, to force veganism upon kids. I'm not an expert, but you'd really have to be one to balance a good vegan diet that can assure small kids get all the nutrients they need.

Kids are always sick. They are around dozens of other kids every single day sharing germs, not washing hands, wrestling, coughing and sneezing on each other.

p.s. Im with others about the almonds. I eat a small handful every morning. usually alongside side a small handful of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Not always all 3 but every morning I eat almonds

Yes, I do. I have always been on top of things all diet related. But I have a very bad habit of always going in stress mode. Its my way of getting things done, I'm learning though to tackle things I have no control over an hour a day and then " letting it go". Stress is the number one killer of us humans.

I've just thought of something that may help with your stress, do you use magnesium oil?

It's basically just a saturated solution of Dead Sea salts, which you can apply externally, that I tend to rub over my stomach and on my arms and around my neck, especially after eating anything sugary or high in carbohydrate.

In order to process sugar, our bodies needs magnesium, if it is not readily available the heart starts pumping the blood at a higher pressure in order to leach the required magnesium from our bones and brain and other places, with the obvious negative consequences.

Magnesium deficiency is one of biggest causes of heart attack, paramedics inject magnesium into the heart of a victim of a heart attack.

So it is a wise idea to rub this oil on your skin, or take a hot bath with the salt in it, especially after eating a lot of carbs or sugar.

I just buy a big sack of the stuff from a garden and pet centre on ebay. It's not expensive and it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back