US election: the end result

"TOP 12 Reasons to vote for the Democratic Party"

Got this email today, thought I'd share. ;)

12. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

11. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

10. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

9. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten thousand years if I don't start driving a Prius.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

6. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

4. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

3.. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetles or gophers.

2. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most blessed and wonderful country in the world already, I was promised "CHANGE".

And the #1 reason I voted Democrat:

1. I dunno,....I just always vote Democrat.

Don't make me turn this car around!

EDIT:

I have to agree with Nifty on the GWB part.

I love Laurie to death but Mr. Bush was a f***tard. Talk about blood on your hands. It's a wonder he can even sleep at night. I don't agree with everything Obama and it has nothing to do with him being black, green or purple. If Romney didn't try to shove his beliefs down Americas throat he could have very well been President me thinks.

I am gonna give Obama the chance. I mean look what he came into office with!

he had a chance for the last 4 years and what has he done with it.

lets see turn against israel. make enemies of the countrys that have stood with us and friends out of the ones that would love to take us down.

have the credit rating downgrade not once not twice but 3 times Link Removed (invalid URL)

has given u.s money to the muslim brotherhood.

watched while stevens was raped and told anyone that wanted to help to stand down which ended with two other men dieing.

i could go on and on and on but it will make no diffance to people who can,t see obama for what he is.

and oh my people still pointing the finger at bush well who the hell r they going to point the finger at this time around still bush most likely but hell obama inherited his own mess this time around but i,m sure people will still give him a get out of jail free card.

oh and by the way i did,nt like bush eather there has only been a few in office that were good and damn almost all of them were killed. makes one wonder hmmmm.

Got this email today, thought I'd share. ;)

12. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

11. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

10. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

9. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten thousand years if I don't start driving a Prius.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

6. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

4. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

3.. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetles or gophers.

2. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most blessed and wonderful country in the world already, I was promised "CHANGE".

And the #1 reason I voted Democrat:

1. I dunno,....I just always vote Democrat.

Very interesting.

You will find this in every bi-party democracy. It is always the swinging voters that decide the outcome of elections.

I'm an election manager for a large area of my city for State elections, and have seen, heard and read the most amazing stuff.

One interesing fact is that up to 1% of voters make up their mind depending on the weather on polling day. If it is wet, they vote against the incumbent as they are pissed about having to come out in the rain to vote, and if it is nice and sunny, they vote with the incumbent as they are in a happier mood and tend to look at the government more favorably. When you consider the last election result was a 17 vote win to the challenger (the day was windy cold and wet), these mindnumbingly ignorant and stupid people actually decided the winner. Better still, the government was defeated by ONE seat. Remember, we have compulsory voting in Australia (well it is compulsory to have your name marked off anyway).

Another funny one was, when I was supervising the ballot counts, a fellow who had written an incredibly long essay on a ballot paper that obviously took quite some time and a lot of thinking and effort. His main complaint? He "didn't have time for this voting crap as he was a very busy man". :D Well he just wasted about 20-30 mins telling us about it!

It will never happen.

Why? Well, what do you think will happen the next time a republican president won and the dems controlled the house?

Neither side will start a process that will destroy both of them.

Not only that, but it would be an insult to the people of the US who voted him in as President. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean you should usurp the rights of those who do.

What are you talking about when you say he is "black and white"...? Why does it matter either way? I'm confused. Personally, I never see anyone as one colour or another.

Re: the executive orders.

Just about every country has such contingency plans and methods of invoking martial law etc in the event of a national crisis. The USA is no different. I just don't see the big deal.

It is only the paranoid panic-mongers that really believe they are going to wake up one morning to find everyone being shipped off to camps just because the president was in a mood because he didn't get enough sleep.

Such plans are absolutely vital. If everything goes to hell, and with so many nukes and other horrible weapons on the planet it isn't out of the question, then the government HAS to have a clear plan and be able to take control of vital infrastructure. Or, would you rather, if there was some dirty bomb terror attack or some bio or chemical attack on US soil, that the government just get together and say "Shit! What do we do now? I guess we should go to congress and debate it and send it to committee etc etc".

Believe me, in the event that the shit hits the fan, you will WANT FEMA to be acting ASAP to protect you and your family.

Out of interest, which republican Presidents have tried to repeal these orders? Well, actually they don't need to try, they just have to rescind them. It is not an issue related to party politics at all.

I'm really curious as to why some people "hate" Obama. It is such a strong word. It is also interesting that most of this hatred seems to come from the South (not in this forum particularly but generally...I saw the results on election night and have seen many many commentators). As hard as I try, I can't work out why the hatred is so strong. Here, we might not like certain politicians, but we don't "hate" them with such vitriol, and we certainly don't even discuss their colour or ethnicity.

i called him black and white so nobody would think i was picking on him caz of his color.

and no nifty i would not want fema to come protect me and my family my hubby and i can do that ourselfs and would do a better job from the looks of what fema is not doing in ny or nj.

oh and by the way i,m not from the south. i lived in cali for 34 years and then moved to where i am now.

and we may hate him caz we see him for what he is unlike some people.

i,m done you just can,t fix stupid thats why the u.s is in the fix it is.

P.V.,

That was hilarious. I have heard all my life "I've voted Democrat all my life and I'm too old to change now". Some folks are gonna vote for a party if the town drunk was running.

All I can say is, for 4 yrs. we are all going to be eating the same crap sandwich. We will see who's better off then.

As for the Obamacare, it's gonna be the same thing that is going on now. The poor people that need it won't be getting it but the crooks and liars that know how to get around the system will be living the good life with free medicine and health care.

While my SO was trying to get his Disability for a broken back, I got to spend alot of time at various government offices. Monday morning was particularly interesting at the DHS office (welfare for those that don't know). You got to see the ladies (loose term) that entertained at the local strip club on the weekends bring all their kids to collect their benefits while the baby daddies waited in the Cadillacs in the parking lots. Guess what my SO got, not a damn thing. For the 2 years it took for him to get disability, he paid for every doctor visit, every pill he took, every hospital stay out of his own pocket. He didn't qualify for any kind of assistance even thought he had been working and paying taxes since he was 16 yrs. old. He still has to pay out of pocket expenses for medicine and dr. visits even though he is on Medicare now. So, think Obamacare is going to help him? Nope, not one bit.

I think that the people were sold a line of baloney and some of them bought it. The rest of us are having to go along for the ride whether we want to or not.

P.V.,

That was hilarious. I have heard all my life "I've voted Democrat all my life and I'm too old to change now". Some folks are gonna vote for a party if the town drunk was running.

All I can say is, for 4 yrs. we are all going to be eating the same crap sandwich. We will see who's better off then.

I think that the people were sold a line of baloney and some of them bought it. The rest of us are having to go along for the ride whether we want to or not.

Yep TX & TN have a lot in common! :thumbsup:

According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution AND the 12th Amendment - if 1/3rd of the States do not cast their votes in the Electoral College -- then the matter falls onto the House of Representatives to choose the President. In other words -- if we pressure Congressmen, State Party Officials, and groups such as Tea Party Patriots, Heritage Foundation, etc., to call on RED States to NOT have their Electors cast their vote --then the House of Reps CAN choose the next President!!!!!

MAKE THE CALLS!!! If just 17 RED States agreed to NOT cast their votes in the electoral college – then it goes to the House. And if pressured - they just might do it.
Have you actually red the 12th Amendment?
For your benefit, here is the actual text:
"The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President."

Short summary: A boycott by Republican electors would not stop Obama being re-elected.

Have you actually red the 12th Amendment?
For your benefit, here is the actual text:
"The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one uvote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the four

th day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President."

Short summary: A boycott by Republican electors would not stop Obama being re-elected.

Thanks GM.

It's scary how some immediately believe whatever some ill-at-ease on facebook tells them.

If this were even remotely possible, I would think it would have been tried in 2000 by the dems.....it would have been justified too IMO.

Wait so let me get this straight.

GWB gets off the hook why? He's the one that started this disaster. Thousands of American men and women died just so he could finish what his dad started.

Four years isn't enough to fix that big ass mess.

I just don't understand the logic.

Make Obama pay for blood on his hands, but GWB gets a get out of jail free card? :confused:

Is it because he's white? Of course not. The whole race thing is ridiculous.

As American people we shouldn't have so much hate in our hearts for our president. People spend so much time criticizing others but if you walked into a blood bath what would you do differently?

If Romney won what magic could he have done to fix this mess Bush has made?

I for one like the fact that I have control over my uterus (well, if I still had one). Woot Obama!

When Colin Powell's white chief of staff states on October 26 2012 for the record that there are many racists in the Republican party, I think that wraps it all up, for most reasonable people.

Outdated URL (Invalid)

And as to Romney, does anyone here seriously think he refused to release his 2009 tax returns for any other reason than that he likely took the IRS tax amnesty on Swiss bank holdings which he did not declare?

When he stated he could ignore 47% of the American people (and where, by the way, did he get that weird number? Internal polling? ???), he meant it, since as he reminded us, he says what he means, and means what he says.

I'm surprised by the lack of reasoning ability in some people - not directing that at anyone here, but just in general. But hey, there you go.

P.V. - Texas is going to seceed. Maybe Tennessee needs to join us. LOL!

I have heard over and over about how the President doesn't have any power, that it's all up to the Senate and House of Representatives. That being said, don't you think it's now time to get of GWB's butt? If the Pres. has no actual power, if he is just a figure head for the two bodies, then why blame it all on him? At the time of his terms, weren't the Democrats in power in the Senate?

As far as blood on his hands, there is not a President that has served that doesn't have blood on his hands in some form. From George Washington to Obama. There will come a time in the near future that Obama is going to have to make a decision of this magnitude. Can he do it? So far there has been nothing to show me that he can step up. At some point, he is going to have to put on his big boy panties and quit making pretty speeches and make a move. He got his 4 more years to make a difference.

I will be willing to bet that after 4 more years of this, the next President will be blaming Obama just like they blame Bush now. Time to quit whining and show me what you can do.

I was just reading that 36 states have files secession petitions since the election. Not that it will do any good except those people who are unhappy with the result will feel like they're doing something.

Personally I'd let the first state that promises to take Donald Trump with them secede. :eek2:

ok and this is just ridiculous...Texas wants to secede from the US, and Austin has filed to secede from Texas if that happens.

@ Chayton,

The heat down here makes us crazy. LOL!

Not too sure how Austin would survive since it would be surrounded by a bunch of gun toting, redneck, pissed off Texans but guess you gotta do what you gotta do. The folks left in town might get pretty hungry after a while.

Fools in this state threaten to seceed every time something happens that doesn't sit right. Like that's ever going to happen. LOL!

Wonder how many of the petition signers actually voted in the election?

Red states, client states dependent upon US Sugar Daddy Defense Spending, ought to think twice about seceding from the US, unless they are prepared to light their own streets. Witness Colorado Springs as an example of the limitations to libertarianism:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Nisobar,

I have no doubt that if Texas had to, we could support ourselves and be quite fine with it.

However, for the majority of Texans this seceeding thing is one big joke. First I heard about it was on TV. Give some of the folks here a Lone Star Beer, a good fire and a gun and they grow a pair and start spouting off this baloney. Normal people don't pay much attention to it.

Nisobar,

I have no doubt that if Texas had to, we could support ourselves and be quite fine with it.

However, for the majority of Texans this seceeding thing is one big joke. First I heard about it was on TV. Give some of the folks here a Lone Star Beer, a good fire and a gun and they grow a pair and start spouting off this baloney. Normal people don't pay much attention to it.

Support yourselves ... how? On your depleted oil reserves? No. On ... sand? No. What?

Anyway, I don't think so, with all due respect. You are obviously entitled to your own opinion. As a Texas resident, you'd naturally take your state's side. Cheers. :)

Right after Obama was elected the first time, 14,000+ lost jobs in the manufacturing field due to Lockheeds' loss of large defense contracts (no new presidential helicopter, even though the big wigs on the Hill were the ones who kept making changes...increasing the amount the helicopters were going to cost...but lets not tell the public it was bureaucrats who were the problem and NOT the people putting the helicopters together:(). BAE cut jobs, IBM cut jobs, EIT cut jobs...in the last 4 years over 25,000 manufacturing jobs lost in the area in which I live.

Obama re-elected...4,000 manufacturing jobs lost this week.(My daughter-in-law told me where she works...friday night they laid off 20 people in her departments. Now she has 5 people to do the jobs that 30 people used to do. They will still be expected to meet the same criteria/standards as before...) Local small businesses are already beginning to downsize, after the first of the year there will be no employees working more than 28 hours/week.

Last year when this area was devasted by flooding from tropical storm Lee and Irene, it took 4 months before FEMA finally got here (we are talking about January...it's very cold in NY in January). People in this area are STILL dealing with FEMA and it's now been over a year. I sincerely hope and pray, the people of NYC are dealt with in a more expedient manner than what was shown here. We are coming into bad weather, now isn't the time for people to be left "out in the cold" , literally!

Gas prices are climbing, food prices are climbing, jobs are being lost left and right...but according to reports the economy is on an upswing??? Where??? Unemployment has slowed, NO NO NO, people have dropped off unemployment because they've run out of benefits! They don't have jobs, but these analysts or whoever does these stupid studies needs to start taking into account the people who remain NOT working and are no longer able to collect benefits.

I didn't vote for Obama and I didn't vote for Romney either...I pencilled in my vote like I've done for the last 4 elections. Hate me if you want to, but they BOTH scare me...

Right after Obama was elected the first time, 14,000+ lost jobs in the manufacturing field due to Lockheeds' loss of large defense contracts (no new presidential helicopter, even though the big wigs on the Hill were the ones who kept making changes...increasing the amount the helicopters were going to cost...but lets not tell the public it was bureaucrats who were the problem and NOT the people putting the helicopters together:(). BAE cut jobs, IBM cut jobs, EIT cut jobs...in the last 4 years over 25,000 manufacturing jobs lost in the area in which I live.

Obama re-elected...4,000 manufacturing jobs lost this week.(My daughter-in-law told me where she works...friday night they laid off 20 people in her departments. Now she has 5 people to do the jobs that 30 people used to do. They will still be expected to meet the same criteria/standards as before...) Local small businesses are already beginning to downsize, after the first of the year there will be no employees working more than 28 hours/week.

Last year when this area was devasted by flooding from tropical storm Lee and Irene, it took 4 months before FEMA finally got here (we are talking about January...it's very cold in NY in January). People in this area are STILL dealing with FEMA and it's now been over a year. I sincerely hope and pray, the people of NYC are dealt with in a more expedient manner than what was shown here. We are coming into bad weather, now isn't the time for people to be left "out in the cold" , literally!

Gas prices are climbing, food prices are climbing, jobs are being lost left and right...but according to reports the economy is on an upswing??? Where??? Unemployment has slowed, NO NO NO, people have dropped off unemployment because they've run out of benefits! They don't have jobs, but these analysts or whoever does these stupid studies needs to start taking into account the people who remain NOT working and are no longer able to collect benefits.

I didn't vote for Obama and I didn't vote for Romney either...I pencilled in my vote like I've done for the last 4 elections. Hate me if you want to, but they BOTH scare me...

Yet, Chrysler last week announced an addition of 1,250 car manufacturing jobs in Michigan - how does that square with your fear of Obama? To say nothing, of course, of the ancillary jobs created due to these high-wage, high-benefit car industry jobs, feeding auto parts manufacturing, food service, day care, etc.

@nisobar, I am only citing from the area in which I live ( I don't live in Michegan, I live in NY:)) and from my own personal experiences. I think that it's wonderful the auto industry is making a rebound. But that is only a small corner of the world (yes, my opinion!). All of these job layoffs has the ripple effect, people losing their homes, people moving out of the state because they can't afford to pay the taxes, people who can't find jobs (and when they do, they are then forced to work 2 or 3 jobs to make what they were making before. This then results in homelife breaking down as there aren't parents there for the children. The children are now being cared for by an outsider or a grandparent or left home alone because parents can't afford to pay for a sitter...)

Let me ask this...they are making all these nice cars, but if people don't have jobs, who's going to buy these cars? People are going to make sure they have a roof over their head, food to eat and (hopefully) money to pay the bills before they go out buying new vehicles. And most households now requires BOTH parents to work as it takes one paycheck to buy the weekly groceries and put gas in the vehicles alone. So, in my "peabrain" a new vehicle would be considered a *luxury* NOT a necessity.

When Lockheed got the defense contract the economy in my area grew exponentially. Home sales were up, small businesses were thriving, etc., etc.,etc. There are currently 14 homes for sale ( 9 have been sitting empty for the last 4 years) on my road. That's more than half the total homes on my road. Of the other 5 homes 3 are foreclosures.

Now we are seeing loss of hours for jobs newly found, once again forcing people to go out to find a second, third or even fourth job to make ends meet. I finally found a job after 4 months of being unemployed, the pay is extremely low...BUT, it's a job. I juggle my money every week, deciding what is to be paid, if I can afford to buy a few groceries or if I should buy a few of my meds (my medications cost me $500/month so I do without most of them). I don't go out to eat, I don't go to the movies, I don't make wasted trips so as not to waste my precious gas, I don't have cable, I pretty much lead a boring life. My heat is set to keep my house at 50 degrees, I only keep 1 light on, I do one load of laundry a week, my refrigerator/freezer is full of bottles of water to keep it from turning on...just to keep my electric bill down. The only luxury I have is my internet, which may have to be cancelled soon too.

For the first time in my life, I'm totally scared about my future. My health sucks, I will lose my home within the next 6 months, I have medical bills I wll NEVER be able to pay off (after this last "vacation" in the hospital a month ago, my medical bills now total over $900,000). I now have a job my doctor(s) doesn't/don't want me to keep because of the stress factor. I'd go out and find a second job, but to accomplish what??? Put myself into an even earlier grave because I am trying to keep abreast of the rising cost of everything? I had a heart cath done a month ago and was back to work 3 days after (I don't have a sitdown job, I'm a cook in a restaurant), just because I couldn't afford to lose any time off work.

I'm not one for self-pity, more the obstinate, go out and do what needs to be done type of personality. My reality is...within the next 6 months I will leave the home I've had for the last 30+ years and move in with my daughter and son-in-law. Take care of their home and children so they can both work 2 jobs to make ends meet, and keep my job so I can afford what's important to maintain a "healthy" life for me (hopefully). And hopefully, there will be changes with another term for Obama. I don't know what the answers are or if there are any answers to the important issues. Maybe, getting rid of all the politicians who seem more focused on their own financial gain than anything else? *sigh* I just don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back