ULTIMATEBET & WU WARNING

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
This is my email to UB requesting my account be closed. Let this be a warning to all about UB in general, and using WU to deposit anywhere right now.

The lady I talked to at WU was really wary about my canceling the transfer altogether in the end, and I ended up having to eat the $20 transfer fee. I consider it a cheap lesson.

Either way, DO NOT DEPOSIT AT ULTIMATEBET. They are incompetent fools.

PS: It took me a day, but I was finally given their contact number: 1-866-605-0311

This is totally rediculous.

My emails were ignored for 30+ hours, and I had to call and find out on my own that I had to cancel the original WU transfer. I was told that I needed to change the receiver's name and country, and that my account would be credited within 45 minutes.

Fine. I called WU, changed the information, and waited 2 hours. The money was never credited to my account. I called UB again, and was told that I needed to once again call WU and cancel the wire transfer, and change the senders name ONCE AGAIN.

This is totally unacceptable. I told the gentleman at UB that there was a 99% chance that WU would deny my 2nd request to change the receiver's information, which apparently he couldn't grasp, because he kept saying to call them and change it.

I let him know up front that I myself could get into trouble for making this transaction in the first place, and it would definitely raise a red flag with WU by changing the receiver's name and country twice within a couple of hours. I also reminded him of the fact that it's illegal to transfer money via WU for gambling purposes.

He was sooooo nice to offer me a $15 comp for my trouble, but the problem is, I'm paying more than that for the transfer fee - That I now have to lose, because I have cancelled the transfer altogether.

Having said that, please cancel my account immediately. You guys would be better off stopping service to USA players instead of making them jump through hoops to even deposit. Your system is totally incompetent for accepting deposits from players in the USA.

Good day,

winbig:

Why don't you try PokerStars? I know that there is no bonus, besides the SUB.
Even the withdrawals by check seem to be averaging less than a week, which is pretty solid in this market.

winbig:

Why don't you try PokerStars? I know that there is no bonus, besides the SUB.
Even the withdrawals by check seem to be averaging less than a week, which is pretty solid in this market.

Stars has a message saying that they can't accept WU deposits that were made using a credit card. I'm still waiting on support to email me back letting me know if that applies to Debit cards as well...I'm not taking a chance :D

I know it sounds so 'old school' but maybe snail mail them a money order. Shouldn't take more than a few days to credit the account, which seems to be as fast or faster than the ewallets these days. .75 cents for a money order + .37 cents for a stamp = minimal fees.
And you will get paid the winnings by check with no fees (?) and no BS document requests......Anyways, just an idea?

Win - win situation in the 'sleazy internet gambling era.'

:thumbsup:..AND - HAPPY BIRTHDAY.... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back