UKGC consultation...self exclusion, marketing, bonuses and more

Richas

Dormant account
The UKGC consultation on social responsibility stuff is out

100 page PDF here, deadline 31 October 2014

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Annual requirement on major operators to estimate revenues from problem gamblers or those at risk and how they are working to "bear down" on those revenues- including large B2Bs - innovative and may have long term impact.

Also quite a bit on high value customers and VIP monitoring and social responsibility (problem gambling and proceeds of crime) that might be of interest to some.

Main event for many though likely to be "fair and open" bonuses and marketing stuff.

Last edited:
"Social responsibility" is such a difficult subject to cover. I hope things end well for all parties and of course, especially those who are addicts.
Thanks for the PDF, never seen anything like it before! Quite a lengthy read :)

I haven't yet had a chance to read it, but I will!

I can't recall exactly where I read it, and it was related to VLTs in bars, but 40% of the revenue comes from problem gamblers, where most studies peg the number of problem gamblers at about 2% of gamblers.

out-law.com have done a decentish summary here

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Not quite up to their usual very high standard and a strange focus on bookie layout which is a tiny bit of this consultation but it might help those without time for 100 page PDFs.

Having read all the consultation now I have to say that the Chair's (Phillip Graf) foreword is well worth the time to read, it gives us a pretty good idea of the aproach that the new dominant regulator will be taking and is only just over two pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back