UK Severe Weather Warning

Rather snowy up on the mountain here, picture courtesy of one of the webcams up there, the mountain road itself is unsurprisingly closed! :)

You can just about see a couple of the electric tram power poles.

I suspect I'll be going over the coast road to work tomorrow.....

upload_2018-4-2_9-58-17.png

In the UK a 'drought' is a sustained rain-free period of 14 days or more in any region. You may recall recently I dropped one of my analogies into a comment about some event on a slot being 'as rare as a drought in Scotland'. Well, talk about egg-on-face as yep, in May many parts of Scotland had lots of sunshine, temperatures of 24-27c and technically a bloody drought....:oops:

May was the warmest on record in the UK, and the sunniest since 1989. There ya go. That is despite some torrential thunderstorms and constant sticky cloudy humidity for the last week before this weekend in most of England. :what:

In the UK a 'drought' is a sustained rain-free period of 14 days or more in any region. You may recall recently I dropped one of my analogies into a comment about some event on a slot being 'as rare as a drought in Scotland'. Well, talk about egg-on-face as yep, in May many parts of Scotland had lots of sunshine, temperatures of 24-27c and technically a bloody drought....:oops:

May was the warmest on record in the UK, and the sunniest since 1989. There ya go. That is despite some torrential thunderstorms and constant sticky cloudy humidity for the last week before this weekend in most of England. :what:

Thor was not happy with us English last week....

Yeah I was in Ayr a couple of weeks ago and it hit 29 one day, the rest of the week was between 23-27. I've probably been there 100 times in my life, and it was the first time it didn't lash down at least one day. Even by 9am it was 20+ every day!
Came back home, left there at 9.30 on the morning, it was 23, got home at 2.00, was 8 degrees, foggy and raining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back