UK Severe Weather Warning

Little bit of snow and a breeze here in my corner of Scotland. Meh.

snow beach.jpg

Not often we get snow on the sand. Its much deeper a mile or so inland, all buses have been cancelled, think all the schools are shut, shopping centres have closed, and I'm ooop north so no idea how the soft southerners will be coping today :D

View attachment 88665

Not often we get snow on the sand. Its much deeper a mile or so inland, all buses have been cancelled, think all the schools are shut, shopping centres have closed, and I'm ooop north so no idea how the soft southerners will be coping today :D

South of Chesterfield will be at a complete standstill Colin :laugh:

About 4 inches of snow settled here, but I work from home so dgaf. Off to build a snowman in the garden after work, like the grownup I definitely am.

I just spoke to my mum and she said she's off work today. I said ah that's nice of you, booking my Birthday off work - she said no, I've booked off till next Wednesday just in case it snows...I hate driving in the snow! :laugh:

Yeah, cheers Mum :thumbsup:

Yeah I get a kick out of the orange, yellow, red, magenta, whatever warnings too. I'm from Canada where when it snows they say "it's gonna snow".

If it's going to be a lot of snow they say "it's gonna snow, maybe a lot".

Where I grew up we used to regularly get about 15-20 feet (yes, feet) of snow a year. Roughly 5 to 6 meters. Total accumulated snow would often reach 2.5 - 3 meters. Our driveway was basically a tunnel about a quarter mile long out to the main road. We'd keep shovels in the house because there were times when you had to dig your way out to get to the surface. None of this is exaggeration.

So a "Red Alert" because of few inches of snow? Ha ha ha! If it snows and you can still see your vehicle you've got nothing to worry about, except maybe everyone else on the road. Now there's the real hazard. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back