UK Conservative Party Leadership Election

I played it for years but dropped it nearly two years ago (so about the same time as you!). I wasn't F2P and had spent about £500 on the game in total, but I'd been playing it since beta in 2014 and had thousands of hours out of it so didn't feel short changed.

I finally gave up when they brought in the new 'rewards track' system which on paper gave as much gold and stuff as the old quest system, but demanded far more time from the player, and I was also fed up with them cranking out new cards on a far more regular basis and making so many of them 'must haves' for competitive decks. I much preferred the old cadence of 'cards expansion - story expansion - cards expansion - story expansion'.

As someone who'd been playing the game for years, spent hundreds of pounds and never missed a daily quest (I would generally go into a new expansion being able to buy 100+ packs with gold I'd saved up), I'd really started to resent the fact I couldn't just craft any cards I wanted to try a fun new deck, because it might turn out to be shit in the meta and then I'd wasted all the dust to get the cards. Plus Blizzard were absolute fuckers for padding out the legendary and epic card pools with horseshit cards that were no use at all.

Then you had decks that were just awful to play against, like fucking Resurrect Priest (god I hated that), all the RNG that they'd added into the game, the lack of them giving a fuck about Wild mode in terms of card balance, it just seemed to be a long way away from the board-based unit tussles that I loved so much about the game early on.

One day I just thought, 'Nah, I've had enough of this now', walked away and never played it again.
Pretty much the same reasons for why i stopped playing it then.
I said i did not feel like spending a ton of money on it but just like you i did spend a couple hundred on it, i would guess around €250-300 over a couple or years, but same as you it was not very expensive (at least it didnt feel expensive) considering how much time i poured into the game.
I actually thought about making a comeback about a year after i stopped playing, but after installing the game and looking at how much i had missed and realizing it would be pretty much impossible to catch up without spending tons of money i just gave up and uninstalled it again.

Its a shame because it would be such a perfect 'casual game' if not for how hard it is to keep up with all new releases, building decks to counter the popular trends was always a good time, but often you had to have the newest sets to counter those decks.
And like you mentioned the rng element increased over the years, and that also made deck building less fun imo.
Whats the point in carefully constructing a deck if you end up losing to random crap every other game.

Like with everything else its all about the money for these companies.

8.gif

Last edited:
As previously detailed I'm not a big fan of PMQs but that was a solid performance from Starmer and poor from Sunak, I don't know how much mileage the Tories really think there is in 'BUT CORBYN' and 'soft on law and order' these days, especially since Starmer was the actual Director Of Public Prosecutions and removed the whip from Corbyn.

Sunak came across as Johnson's nerdy young brother and he just doesn't have Johnson's ability as a speaker, plus he dodged all the questions although I admit that's par for the course in what is essentially a dose of performative art.

The other problem the Tories have as a whole, and especially Sunak as their leader, is every time they complain about the mess the country is in and how it's their job to fix it, everyone just immediately thinks you've been in charge for twelve years, so whose fault is that?

And remember, the next dose of cuts and austerity (and possible tax rises) hasn't even started yet.
If that's the case I think he needs to question his parentage and get a DNA test.

I think he did well for his first time, Starmer was trounced IMO on most points.

You still play Heartstone?
I was really into it at first but now its been quite a while (probably 2 years) since i last played it.

I didnt feel like spending a ton of money on it, and keeping up with new pack releases and new sets with the gold you got from just playing the daily quests and grinding duels was starting to take waaaay too much time.
And at least back then if you didnt keep up with the new stuff that was released you just didnt stand any chance, not always but most of the time the new cards released felt owerpowered (probably not by accident).

I also played Heartstone. First around 2015-2016 and then again 2-3 years ago. It was better the first time.

Pretty much the same reasons for why i stopped playing it then.
I said i did not feel like spending a ton of money on it but just like you i did spend a couple hundred on it, i would guess around €250-300 over a couple or years, but same as you it was not very expensive (at least it didnt feel expensive) considering how much time i poured into the game.
I actually thought about making a comeback about a year after i stopped playing, but after installing the game and looking at how much i had missed and realizing it would be pretty much impossible to catch up without spending tons of money i just gave up and uninstalled it again.

Its a shame because it would be such a perfect 'casual game' if not for how hard it is to keep up with all new releases, building decks to counter the popular trends was always a good time, but often you had to have the newest sets to counter those decks.
And like you mentioned the rng element increased over the years, and that also made deck building less fun imo.
Whats the point in carefully constructing a deck if you end up losing to random crap every other game.

Like with everything else its all about the money for these companies.

Sounds like we fell out with it for broadly the same reasons :)

I reinstalled the battle.net client on my PC recently 'cause I've picked up WoW with Mrs Chopley and Chopley Jnr again for Wrath Classic and the new expansion, so figured I'd reinstall Hearthstone again and take a look - and what immediately became clear is how much stuff I was missing and HOW MUCH MONEY it'd cost me to get even remotely back up to date.

If there was some sort of 'catch-up' mechanism that gave a good spread of the cards from all the stuff I'd missed for £50 or something, I might have had a punt, and then I looked at the rewards track and remembered how grindy it would be (which was part of the reason I quit in the first place), and with the card collection I had (which is not insignificant!) I wasn't able to put together any competitive meta decks.

On top of that I had a look over at Icy Veins to see what the meta decks were and didn't much fancy playing against those either, Resurrect Priest is still around, combo decks that can get their combos off far too early with good luck, massive RNG cards are still popular etc.

The game was offering me some welcome back discounted card bundles but they were (a) Still quite expensive and (b) I know from experience they wouldn't have even touched the sides of getting me properly me back into the game.

As such I closed the game back down without playing a single game or spending a single penny, haven't launched it again since. (That was about three months ago now.)

Last edited:
Is the Tory Party going to implode yet again???

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's a sign of how weak Sunak is that Braverman got a cabinet post, let alone Home Secretary again, after what are indeed now looking like multiple repeated breaches of the ministerial code, and whilst Braverman is pretty dumb, she's not dumb enough to get away with the 'mistake' line for my money, considering the extent of the breaches and how blatant they were.

One mistake she did seem to make though is leaking confidential UK government documents TO THE WRONG PERSON because she got the email address wrong.

Sleep safe at night folks, she's only in charge of UK security.

As I have stated in this thread, my main concern is defence, especially as 'Mad Vlad' is waging genocide on continental Europe since the end of February. At this point, I will support any of the parties who may be the govt of the day, if they commit to boosting the defence budget accordingly.

That said, this Tory party have run their course, it is time for a General Election.

I think it's been hinted at that he'll keep it at current levels, or even reduce it to balance the books. As this excerpt indicates:

No 10 also declined to commit to Ms Truss’s promise to raise defence spending to 3% of GDP by 2030 as Mr Sunak and Mr Hunt complete their review.

In his first leadership bid over the summer, Mr Sunak was already unenthusiastic about large-scale spending commitments and refused to set “arbitrary” goals on defence spending.

The straitened situation the Government finds itself in thanks to soaring inflation and rising interest rates is likely to reinforce his instincts to align with the spending cuts already hinted at by Mr Hunt.

Doesn't look like the UK is READY4RISHI after all.

I'd expect these numbers to shift a little more in favour of the Tories (possibly), but even then not much, remember the bad shit hasn't even started to fully happen yet, interest rates will be on the up, inflation will remain high, more and more households across the UK will feel the pinch even more than they are already - plus the UK will be in a visible recession as 2023 progresses.

And the Tories have nowhere to hide now, they have to, as the phrase goes, 'own it'. They can't blame Labour, they can't blame Remoaners, they can't blame immigrants, or the unemployed, or women who may or may not have a penis, and pointing at THE WOKERATI won't get them very far when people are being turfed out of their homes.

This is their fuck-up, and they will be punished for it at the next general election.

Sunak doesn't have the spine to stand up and denounce 'the benefits of Brexit', or the 'opportunities of Brexit', because it is unsayable, even though everyone knows it's a lie. He simply can't go there because the ERG headbangers will eat him for breakfast, he is trapped in the lie, and the lie will consume him.

1666942814729.png

Another week, another PMQs, and once again Sunak has nothing apart from 'But Corbyn.....' to fall back on. The Tories losing a debate on immigration against Labour is quite a sight, but as Starmer opened with - 'The Home Secretary says the asylum system is broken. Who broke it?'

Also Sunak keeps leaning into the 'But you were a Remainer' line, which isn't quite the zinger he thinks it is when there's a clear and growing majority of people in the UK who believe we were wrong to ever leave the EU in the first place.

As I said last week, this is where the Tories will consistently flounder going forward, because after twelve years in power all fingers point to them, and as the Corbyn years recede into the rear view mirror, and with Starmer being rather boring but also largely unimpeachable, the Corbyn/Remainer jibe will become even less effective than it already is, plus it's such a weak line to take in the first place - but then the Tories are in a very weak position.

Another groan-tastic two more years of this shite.

Yeah and she drank a mojito on the tube once as well, evil woman! FLABBOTT. CORBIN.

The language coming out of the Tories regarding asylum seekers at the moment is borderline fascistic, they've made an absolute shitshow of everything after twelve years in power so they fall back on the basest card in the deck, fear of 'the other' and scarcely veiled racism. So we have Braverman turning up to the refugee centre in a military Chinook helicopter to make it look like she's entering a war zone, with sinister talk of 'invaders' (which is exactly the same language the National Front used in the seventies).

The number of asylum seekers coming to the UK hasn't even changed that much, it's just that the legal and safe routes of entry have been systematically removed, leaving the boat crossings across the channel as the only show in town. Also the government has failed to process them in anything like the timeframe they're supposed to, hence the massive overcrowding we're seeing now.

Of course when we were in the EU we had the Dublin Regulation, but we lost that when we took back control.

Brexit in pictorial form.

1667552334148.png

The relevant problem with Brexit is that, in exiting the European Union, the UK left what was arguably one of the most popular immigration policies among the British public: the
. This is an EU agreement among member states that if anyone sets foot in another EU country first, they can be returned to that country. Under the Dublin Regulation, anyone found leaving French shores to come to England could be returned as per this agreement.

The issue now is that leaving the European Union has meant
. The government was
by Labour during the Brexit negotiations whether the Dublin Regulation membership would be part of any deal; in essence, the government either forgot or did not take it seriously, leaving any mention of it out of the final deal – and nothing to replace it.

This matters, because the regulatory change will have been noticed. It means that, since the prime minister’s “oven-ready deal” was accepted despite having no provision for dealing with Dublin Regulation cases, anyone travelling post-Brexit to Britain will arrive without the rule in place that means they can be returned to another country in the EU. What is worse is that the government has failed to create any extradition treaties to address this matter, and so faces extra hurdles in trying to enforce returns. This has contributed to the UK’s enforced returns being at a record low.

Yeah and she drank a mojito on the tube once as well, evil woman! FLABBOTT. CORBIN.

The language coming out of the Tories regarding asylum seekers at the moment is borderline fascistic, they've made an absolute shitshow of everything after twelve years in power so they fall back on the basest card in the deck, fear of 'the other' and scarcely veiled racism. So we have Braverman turning up to the refugee centre in a military Chinook helicopter to make it look like she's entering a war zone, with sinister talk of 'invaders' (which is exactly the same language the National Front used in the seventies).

The number of asylum seekers coming to the UK hasn't even changed that much, it's just that the legal and safe routes of entry have been systematically removed, leaving the boat crossings across the channel as the only show in town. Also the government has failed to process them in anything like the timeframe they're supposed to, hence the massive overcrowding we're seeing now.

Of course when we were in the EU we had the Dublin Regulation, but we lost that when we took back control.

Brexit in pictorial form.

View attachment 175306

The relevant problem with Brexit is that, in exiting the European Union, the UK left what was arguably one of the most popular immigration policies among the British public: the
. This is an EU agreement among member states that if anyone sets foot in another EU country first, they can be returned to that country. Under the Dublin Regulation, anyone found leaving French shores to come to England could be returned as per this agreement.

The issue now is that leaving the European Union has meant
. The government was
by Labour during the Brexit negotiations whether the Dublin Regulation membership would be part of any deal; in essence, the government either forgot or did not take it seriously, leaving any mention of it out of the final deal – and nothing to replace it.

This matters, because the regulatory change will have been noticed. It means that, since the prime minister’s “oven-ready deal” was accepted despite having no provision for dealing with Dublin Regulation cases, anyone travelling post-Brexit to Britain will arrive without the rule in place that means they can be returned to another country in the EU. What is worse is that the government has failed to create any extradition treaties to address this matter, and so faces extra hurdles in trying to enforce returns. This has contributed to the UK’s enforced returns being at a record low.
What BS. They are to all definitions of the word 'invaders'. Simple as. They are not asylum seekers at all, all arriving from a safe country - the issue here is the fact the stupid UN rules don't specify that GENUINE asylum seekers should apply in the first safe country arrived in and that it where the problem arises. It is simply a criminal operation of border breaching run by gangsters in France, Albania etc. There are towns in Albania where 90% of males have left, leaving them ghost towns with businesses closing and streets derelict.

As usual, nobody has challenged the validity of the UN rules, which were created in a dire post-war situation when it was only possible to travel short distances to the neighbouring safe state, and afterwards ad hoc international efforts were made to resettle refugees, i.e. Jews and ethnic Germans expelled from Poland, behind the Iron Curtain etc.

Take Ukraine for example a GENUINE refugee situation and the UN rules are pretty much in operation - the vast majority have gone to refuge in safe countries NEXT DOOR like Poland, Moldova etc. and then other more distant countries like the UK and Germany etc. have come in to assist with temporary resettlement, basically how the rules were intended. They were NOT intended to allow the world's poorer people, not in need of refuge to play 'Border Bingo' and decide to turn up without permission anywhere they deemed life was easier. That is the root cause of the issue, not Brexit. Don't you remember Sangatte when we were IN the EU? Gordo caved in and decided to take a load of them in in order the French could close the camp - that worked well.

In simple terms, the lid is off of the jamjar so people will swarm to it. Close the lid, the issue stops overnight. Without that UN nonsense being applied it would be as simple as a quick check, meal, then on a plane back to Europe or Albania within 48 hours as coming from a safe country they would have no claim to stay, every one of them. At the moment, we look like a bunch of soft twats, a power that cannot perform its foremost and most basic duty before all others - make the nation secure.

Is Diane Abbot the voice of the labour party, she's been one of their elected MPs for 35 years.

Ah yes, that fat lazy c*nt of a so-called MP who according to @ChopleyIOM favourite comic Private Eye, made a ZERO PERCENT attendance last year at the Justice Committee she's supposed to sit on (not literally, luckily) then just about raises a few of her sausage fingers to type illogical racist crap like that on antisocial media. QED

What BS. They are to all definitions of the word 'invaders'. Simple as. They are not asylum seekers at all, all arriving from a safe country - the issue here is the fact the stupid UN rules don't specify that GENUINE asylum seekers should apply in the first safe country arrived in and that it where the problem arises. It is simply a criminal operation of border breaching run by gangsters in France, Albania etc. There are towns in Albania where 90% of males have left, leaving them ghost towns with businesses closing and streets derelict.

As usual, nobody has challenged the validity of the UN rules, which were created in a dire post-war situation when it was only possible to travel short distances to the neighbouring safe state, and afterwards ad hoc international efforts were made to resettle refugees, i.e. Jews and ethnic Germans expelled from Poland, behind the Iron Curtain etc.

Take Ukraine for example a GENUINE refugee situation and the UN rules are pretty much in operation - the vast majority have gone to refuge in safe countries NEXT DOOR like Poland, Moldova etc. and then other more distant countries like the UK and Germany etc. have come in to assist with temporary resettlement, basically how the rules were intended. They were NOT intended to allow the world's poorer people, not in need of refuge to play 'Border Bingo' and decide to turn up without permission anywhere they deemed life was easier. That is the root cause of the issue, not Brexit. Don't you remember Sangatte when we were IN the EU? Gordo caved in and decided to take a load of them in in order the French could close the camp - that worked well.

In simple terms, the lid is off of the jamjar so people will swarm to it. Close the lid, the issue stops overnight. Without that UN nonsense being applied it would be as simple as a quick check, meal, then on a plane back to Europe or Albania within 48 hours as coming from a safe country they would have no claim to stay, every one of them. At the moment, we look like a bunch of soft twats, a power that cannot perform its foremost and most basic duty before all others - make the nation secure.

Oh right so we just need to take back control from the UN then it'll be golden? I thought taking back control from the EU was going to fix it but I guess these things are never that simple eh? Who knew!

You know what we're really short of in the UK at the moment? Workers.....

The statistics are glaring. Immigration into Britain has not fallen since Brexit but risen.
, the number of EU citizens who have departed has indeed declined by a net 94,000, but non-EU legal arrivals rose in 2020 by up to 303,000. The Home Office’s work and study visas issued in 2021 were up 36% on pre-Covid levels and now stand at over a million, the biggest number on record. Thus while white Europeans have been declining, the number of incomers from Asia and Africa has increased. Is that what the leave lobby promised voters in 2016?

Britain needs immigrants. It needs high skills to sustain its health, science and technology industries, however cruel the theft of India’s trained doctors and Nigeria’s nurses. It needs other skills for care homes, hospitality and construction. When he was London mayor, Boris Johnson wanted
. As Brexit prime minister, he U-turned and told labour-starved employers that lower immigration would mean higher skilled and higher-paid workers. His successor, Liz Truss, to her credit, disagreed. Knowing that immigration was crucial to economic growth, she demanded Suella Braverman, then her home secretary, admit more migrants, not fewer.

Last edited:
Oh right so we just need to take back control from the UN then it'll be golden? I thought taking back control from the EU was going to fix it but I guess these things are never that simple eh? Who knew!

You know what we're really short of in the UK at the moment? Workers.....

The statistics are glaring. Immigration into Britain has not fallen since Brexit but risen.
, the number of EU citizens who have departed has indeed declined by a net 94,000, but non-EU legal arrivals rose in 2020 by up to 303,000. The Home Office’s work and study visas issued in 2021 were up 36% on pre-Covid levels and now stand at over a million, the biggest number on record. Thus while white Europeans have been declining, the number of incomers from Asia and Africa has increased. Is that what the leave lobby promised voters in 2016?

Britain needs immigrants. It needs high skills to sustain its health, science and technology industries, however cruel the theft of India’s trained doctors and Nigeria’s nurses. It needs other skills for care homes, hospitality and construction. When he was London mayor, Boris Johnson wanted
. As Brexit prime minister, he U-turned and told labour-starved employers that lower immigration would mean higher skilled and higher-paid workers. His successor, Liz Truss, to her credit, disagreed. Knowing that immigration was crucial to economic growth, she demanded Suella Braverman, then her home secretary, admit more migrants, not fewer.
No, we are short of a credible method of allocating resources within the UK and training. In this time of instant gratification people see 'off the shelf' as the only solution hence these flawed arguments flouted by politicians and employers who see easy foreign labour as the immediate and cheap solution, rather than training skills into and employing the 1.3m UK unemployed. Easy immigration simply removes the obligation for employers or the govt, to invest in our own citizens - very rarely do people enter the UK and bring a skill we aren't capable of cultivating within. Good to see your industrious analysis of Brexit and identification of flaws doesn't extend to the UK labour market.

According to ONS, from the latest census, 10 million people living in england and wales were born outside of the UK, 1 in 6, up 2.5 million from 2011. [Some of that is the EU residency thing.] But come on when is enough enough.

Diane and labour logic: people that shouldn't be here in the 1st place mustn't be kept in camps [fed, clothed and watered etc] otherwise they'll start raping.

No, we are short of a credible method of allocating resources within the UK and training. In this time of instant gratification people see 'off the shelf' as the only solution hence these flawed arguments flouted by politicians and employers who see easy foreign labour as the immediate and cheap solution, rather than training skills into and employing the 1.3m UK unemployed. Easy immigration simply removes the obligation for employers or the govt, to invest in our own citizens - very rarely do people enter the UK and bring a skill we aren't capable of cultivating within. Good to see your industrious analysis of Brexit and identification of flaws doesn't extend to the UK labour market.

You know a lot of those unemployed can't work for all sorts of reasons, are in poor health, or are in the wrong parts of the country, or can't do the type of work where we're short of staff?

There are around 200K vacancies in the UK hospitality sector alone, that's a very demanding work sector and we clearly can't fill the jobs from our own population, that's 200K people not working and not paying tax, and businesses that are either working short hours or closing completely, again, reducing economic activity, and once again, the tax take.

We lost millions of tons of UK fruit and veg over the summer because there was no one to pick it, it rotted in the fields, is an unemployed bloke in his 50s in Glasgow with a heart condition going to work down in Norfolk for a couple of months picking fruit?

You know a lot of those unemployed can't work for all sorts of reasons, are in poor health, or are in the wrong parts of the country, or can't do the type of work where we're short of staff?

There are around 200K vacancies in the UK hospitality sector alone, that's a very demanding work sector and we clearly can't fill the jobs from our own population, that's 200K people not working and not paying tax, and businesses that are either working short hours or closing completely, again, reducing economic activity, and once again, the tax take.

We lost millions of tons of UK fruit and veg over the summer because there was no one to pick it, it rotted in the fields, is an unemployed bloke in his 50s in Glasgow with a heart condition going to work down in Norfolk for a couple of months picking fruit?
More BS - unemployed have been more years those classified as 'able and available to work' NOT those you refer to who would be classed as unable to work and on different benefits altogether, i.e. the mass of over 2.5m people on long term 'sick' that miraculously appeared and rose hugely beginning with NuLiebore, possibly as justification for their underhanded 'lets's flood the UK with immigrants who are more likley to vote for us' policy.

You contradict yourself again above - nearly all workers by number are needed for relatively unskilled labour which kinda blows your skilled argument out of the water - again, I refer to my previous post regarding training within the UK and the fact it's easier and cheaper to get off the shelf migrants.

Another contradiction, you cite people in one region being unable to work in other areas within the UK, yet advocate people coming from thousands of miles farther away who aren't even in the same fucking country let alone area or region.

The same old vacuous, factually incorrect, illogical tripe spewed out by leftist pro-mass immigration drones discredited for decades.

Another week, another PMQs, and once again Sunak has nothing apart from 'But Corbyn.....' to fall back on. The Tories losing a debate on immigration against Labour is quite a sight, but as Starmer opened with - 'The Home Secretary says the asylum system is broken. Who broke it?'

Also Sunak keeps leaning into the 'But you were a Remainer' line, which isn't quite the zinger he thinks it is when there's a clear and growing majority of people in the UK who believe we were wrong to ever leave the EU in the first place.

As I said last week, this is where the Tories will consistently flounder going forward, because after twelve years in power all fingers point to them, and as the Corbyn years recede into the rear view mirror, and with Starmer being rather boring but also largely unimpeachable, the Corbyn/Remainer jibe will become even less effective than it already is, plus it's such a weak line to take in the first place - but then the Tories are in a very weak position.

Another groan-tastic two more years of this shite.
Funnily enough, I was thinking the exact same thing.

But it was fuck all to do with the Tories being in power....

And then I rather quickly realised that there was a massive flaw with my train of thought.....

You wouldn't have the good grace to put us out of our collective misery after a further two years of your incessant, relentless and frankly goddam nauseating whining, moaning, bitching, gurning, crying, complaining and other assorted pissanty cunty libtardy "WAAAAAHHHH I DIDN'T GET MY WAY (AGAIN!!) WAAAAHHHHHH, LIFE IS SO UNFAIR HAVING TO LIVE IN MY IVORY TOWERS RESIDENCE THAT IS LOCATED IN A TAX HAVEN WAAAHHHH, SO I AM GOING TO PISS EVERYONE ON A GAMBLING FORUM OFF TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL BETTER BECAUSE I AM A LIBTARD PISSANT C*NT AND IT'S MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO ACT LIKE A SPOILT CHILD WAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" antics, would you?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back