Twitter Spam Question?

AussieDave

Banned User
Hi,

The only thing I dislike about twitter is the number of MLM followers I receive.
As the etiquette for twitter is based on following someone who follows you, I'm in a quandary about should I follow every request or should I be selective?

Each day I'm receiving around 100 follow notifications. 95% of these are MLM based which I'm not interested or want to be associated with. IMHO it's nothing more that spamvertising :mad:

Is there any solution to this issue?

Cheers
T

Basically you have 2 ways of dealing with this:
1/ You only follow the people you want to
2/ You follow more or less 100% of you followers but then you must use a client like TweetDeck which allows you to create groups within the people you follow
I've raised this issue here.
Watch the video at the beginning of the thread, it's short and it worth it as it will help you with some great tools.

What's your Twitter username ? You should put a link to your Twitter profile in your signature.

Hi,

The only thing I dislike about twitter is the number of MLM followers I receive.
As the etiquette for twitter is based on following someone who follows you, I'm in a quandary about should I follow every request or should I be selective?
T
What is "MLM"? :confused:

I started following back everyone who followed me, but pretty soon got fed up with those just making anything from 2 to 20 totally meaningless tweets every day. What's the point of that? :what:

Now I only follow people who tweet a max of twice per day - and that's all I do myself. And when I do tweet I do actually answer the question "What are you doing?" with what I'm doing each day, or with some interesting news relating to my online world, which is what I thought the whole point of the thing was in the first place!

If anyone wants to follow me: Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

KK

What is "MLM"? :confused:

I started following back everyone who followed me, but pretty soon got fed up with those just making anything from 2 to 20 totally meaningless tweets every day. What's the point of that? :what:

Now I only follow people who tweet a max of twice per day - and that's all I do myself. And when I do tweet I do actually answer the question "What are you doing?" with what I'm doing each day, or with some interesting news relating to my online world, which is what I thought the whole point of the thing was in the first place!

If anyone wants to follow me: Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

KK

MLM = multi-level-marketing, pyramid scheme, etc....only the people near or at the top make money

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back