TV 2020

Great, thank you. :thumbsup:

Yes, I think that show is underrated. It's fun. I'm all about anything fun.

Iv migrated away from most serious shows in recent years. Hence my new found love of films like Clueless and Legally Blonde. In fact, I’d go as far to say LB makes it in my top 10.

If you look at Netflix etc and all the ‘because you watched x you’ll like y’, you’d get the impression it was Mrs P. Nope. They’re all mine. Apart from Sandler; up until the virus he was the biggest affliction release onto humanity.

Iv migrated away from most serious shows in recent years. Hence my new found love of films like Clueless and Legally Blonde. In fact, I’d go as far to say LB makes it in my top 10.

If you look at Netflix etc and all the ‘because you watched x you’ll like y’, you’d get the impression it was Mrs P. Nope. They’re all mine. Apart from Sandler; up until the virus he was the biggest affliction release onto humanity.

Wholeheartedly agree. One thing worse than a Sandler movie, is a movie with Sandler AND Barrymore.

Kept seeing the Sci-Fi thread bumped, thought I'd impart my observations of 'Picard', as I finally mustered up the courage to watch it. It was either there or here - here won!

I'd heard nothing but negativity around the show, and even grabbed the popcorn as I chortled to some of the user reviews on Amazon :D

But of course they turned out to be humorously-exaggerated bluster, the show is in no way as 'leftist', 'feminist', or whatever else 'ist' people have been drumming up in their ire.

It's just good ol'-fashioned Sci-Fi fan-service, of course it's never going to be a continuation of TNG or follow any of Gene Rodenberry's 'vision'. It's set further on, gone is the soft-focus and whimsical fairytales and in its stead we have something you'd expect the future to have turned out.

It's like when people expect bands to sound the same for 30 years, it's stupid. That was then, this is now.

That's to no way state Picard is better in any way to TNG, of course it isn't. He looks like a turtle and with Fat Data in tow it can be quite a shock at first, though one soon acclimatizes (unlike The Irishman, for example).

Also worth pointing out that Star Trek has always broken new barriers with 'leftist/ progressive' ideals, the show has been doing it since its inception, such as featuring the first interracial kiss (Nichelle Nichols) etc.

So yes, the naysayers should really button it. This ain't no 'Discovery' and is far from awful, really. Even if watched following on from The Expanse, and that says a lot :cool:

Kept seeing the Sci-Fi thread bumped, thought I'd impart my observations of 'Picard', as I finally mustered up the courage to watch it. It was either there or here - here won!

I'd heard nothing but negativity around the show, and even grabbed the popcorn as I chortled to some of the user reviews on Amazon :D

But of course they turned out to be humorously-exaggerated bluster, the show is in no way as 'leftist', 'feminist', or whatever else 'ist' people have been drumming up in their ire.

It's just good ol'-fashioned Sci-Fi fan-service, of course it's never going to be a continuation of TNG or follow any of Gene Rodenberry's 'vision'. It's set further on, gone is the soft-focus and whimsical fairytales and in its stead we have something you'd expect the future to have turned out.

It's like when people expect bands to sound the same for 30 years, it's stupid. That was then, this is now.

That's to no way state Picard is better in any way to TNG, of course it isn't. He looks like a turtle and with Fat Data in tow it can be quite a shock at first, though one soon acclimatizes (unlike The Irishman, for example).

Also worth pointing out that Star Trek has always broken new barriers with 'leftist/ progressive' ideals, the show has been doing it since its inception, such as featuring the first interracial kiss (Nichelle Nichols) etc.

So yes, the naysayers should really button it. This ain't no 'Discovery' and is far from awful, really. Even if watched following on from The Expanse, and that says a lot :cool:
there's to be a glut soon; Discovery season 3 (yay, new direction), Lower Decks (cartoon), Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (super stoked) and Section 31, and of course, Picard Season 2

there's to be a glut soon; Discovery season 3 (yay, new direction), Lower Decks (cartoon), Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (super stoked) and Section 31, and of course, Picard Season 2
and best of them all, the orville ;)

I liked Picard, but didn't like what happened to him at the end, won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but was a very lazy way to get out of what happened.

and best of them all, the orville ;)

I liked Picard, but didn't like what happened to him at the end, won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but was a very lazy way to get out of what happened.
He was having a shower, and it was all a dream?

But rather than being old, doesn't that just expose a questionable taste in tv series? :p
lol, i grew up with 2 television stations; ya watched what was on
or rather, what your parents watched what was on :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back