TV 2020

I love a good scary movie. I just watched the preview its a 2009 movie which I will download now :)
It’s really well made. It’s Sam raimi. He made the evil dead movies and one of the spider men films.
It’s different and well done tbh, one of the better newer horror movies.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Thought I'd take a dive into Prime's array of A* content, to my surprise I found 'The Boys', pardon my ignorance if it's been brought up before, but hey ho

Anyhow, it's superb - sharp, dark, well-acted and much more besides. Essentially a great take on a world where a select few superheroes (Popclaw, The Deep lol) are shown to be saviours and revered but essentially morally-devoid assholes, and marketable commodities used by mega-corps. Not even anti-heroes......just assholes

And a few 'wronged' individuals (including Karl Urban) attempting to expose their lies etc and take them down by whatever means

It really is stellar stuff, who knew. And it even has Antony Starr in it, he of Banshee fame, for good measure.

Top banana

boys.jpg

My olly gripe is with the Australian actor in it; the flitting between his Aussie and, what I think, is English accents, is a tad annoying. Or, maybe it’s posh Australian? But yeah it’s a great antidote to the blandness of Marvel.

Worth the entrance fee just for Stargirl alone:oops:
Really didn't mind Urban's accent, I'd read the horror-stories but I think they were just overblown.

Simon Pegg's 'American' accent however....

Really didn't mind Urban's accent, I'd read the horror-stories but I think they were just overblown.

Simon Pegg's 'American' accent however....

To be fair it’s the only thing I respect about Connery; his outright refusal to be arsed to pretend he’s from the country his character is meant to be from.

Think I watched the Tick and the Boys side by side at the time. Was a bit, is this meant to be funny, re the Tick. Have to watch the second season but the first was a chore

Just finished season 1 of ITV's "Liar" - not fantastic but a good watch and started S2.

Now need (from tonight) something new, Had Netflix's Lock & Key recommended but sadly cannot get NF on TV in bedroom. Before anyone suggests stopping up, NO WAY! lol :oops:

Anything Line of Duty, Luther, TWD, Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Capture style which anyone recommends please?

Just finished season 1 of ITV's "Liar" - not fantastic but a good watch and started S2.

Now need (from tonight) something new, Had Netflix's Lock & Key recommended but sadly cannot get NF on TV in bedroom. Before anyone suggests stopping up, NO WAY! lol :oops:

Anything Line of Duty, Luther, TWD, Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Capture style which anyone recommends please?
Chernobyl

locke and keys not bad actually. A bit of Narnia, a bit of Nickelodeon but gathers a bit of pace near the end at the right time. Oddly enjoyable.

My olly gripe is with the Australian actor in it; the flitting between his Aussie and, what I think, is English accents, is a tad annoying. Or, maybe it’s posh Australian? But yeah it’s a great antidote to the blandness of Marvel.

Worth the entrance fee just for Stargirl alone:oops:

Err....what Australian actor? Unless New Zealand has decided to re-locate itself across the Tasman, I don't believe there are any Aussies in The Boys. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back