Transgender conference delegates have to wear "safe space coloured badges"

steveh35

Dormant Account
A transgender conference in London gave academics a colour coded badge to wear which signified whether they could be approached or not

Green - I will speak with other delegates and welcome you to approach me
Yellow - I will approach you if I wish to speak
Red - I do not wish to speak with other delegates
Blue - I am a conference orgainiser and I am here to assist you.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

What is going on with millenials.

By the way being colour blind I would have loved winding them up by deliberately speaking to the ones wearing red then accusing them of picking on me for my disablility. :p

The fun you could have if you were wearing a yellow badge and another person was wearing a yellow badge who approaches who?
If you are an organiser and don't want to assist what colour badge do you wear?
All the red wearers stood in the corner looking aimlessly around because no one can speak to them.

Safe spaces are for your bloody house, not the real world. People cannot be protected by being perpetually offended by dumb shit. Imagine these snowflakes will be running/ruining the world in the next 20 years. BTW I think most Transgender people are normal and would scoff at this colour coded badges nonsense.

More clown world stuff.
Trans is a mental disorder and shouldn’t be classed in anyway as ‘normal’ it’s really not..
You are literally disgusting transphobic trash and that goes to anyone who likes hes post.

More clown world stuff.
Trans is a mental disorder and shouldn’t be classed in anyway as ‘normal’ it’s really not..
Not cool. I would recommend using more discretion when making posts like this. What is "normal" in this case is pretty subjective to your own opinion.

You are literally disgusting transphobic trash and that goes to anyone who likes hes post.

Dont know about it being a mental disorder but strictly speaking it is not normal,as it not practised by the majority.
I say live and let live , do your own thing, no ones business but your own but to say it is normal makes
the supposedly normal people abnormal.No axe to grind just saying

Dont know about it being a mental disorder but strictly speaking it is not normal,as it not practised by the majority.
I say live and let live , do your own thing, no ones business but your own but to say it is normal makes
the supposedly normal people abnormal.No axe to grind just saying
What he said was transphobic comment end of discussion. And how it seems to be aloud to still be posted is quite revealing.

I like the different personalities on here.

Playford could confirm but dont think any offence was meant, just saying from my own experience with him in the forum.

Definition of normal:

conforming to a standard, usual, typical, or expected.

But i think the message is 'its ok to be different'.

Find it quite irritating that certain subjects cant be discussed in a balanced way anymore, views on both sides get polarised
It seems that to be critical in any way is taboo and not to be tolerated which makes discussion a waste of time.
I dont think too many here can remember what free speech was (i am not being sarcastic),but its long since dead.

Question not an opinion: Where was all this "10" years ago?
It was no where and I tell you why it wasn't just like being gay 50 years ago, There was just as many gay people and people who had feelings as trans people but couldn't express them back then than now difference is people can be open in MOST countries without the threat of being hanged to death or killed for being who they truly are, People go on about there was noone of this back when I was a kid and the reason why cause it was not acceptable it was seemed as disgusting and one of the worse things you could be, Thank fuck we have moved on and its becoming acceptable for people to be who they are.

Find it quite irritating that certain subjects cant be discussed in a balanced way anymore, views on both sides get polarised
It seems that to be critical in any way is taboo and not to be tolerated which makes discussion a waste of time.
I dont think too many here can remember what free speech was (i am not being sarcastic),but its long since dead.
You can 100% have an opinion on anything however its the words you choose to use that make that Opinion which can make it offensive such as calling trans people mentally ill

This colour coding is nothing new, they're introducing it at Crufts this year apparently.

The dogs are all given a coloured collar by their owners to reflect their preferences.

Red - Keep other dogs away, I'll bite or snarl.
Blue - I'm friendly and any dog or owner can approach me.
Green - Any other dog is welcome to sniff my arse, although it may not be reciprocated.
Purple - I am harmless but a leg-shagger.
Pink - I am amenable to being mounted by other dogs.
Brown - I am amenable to being mounted by other male dogs.
Purple - I am harmless but like to sniff crotches.

yes, a mistake to generalise.

Lets be clear that being mentally ill is not an insult.
Calling a group of people "Mentally ill" is not an insult? maybe ask every trans person who has been called mentally ill you find its VERY offensive

Calling a group of people "Mentally ill" is not an insult? maybe ask every trans person who has been called mentally ill you find its VERY offensive

Like i said to generalise is too much but people are entitled to think abnormal behaviour is linked to abnormal psychology.

Not my opinion but felt i had to say it. I understand totally why it caused offence. Your attitude to shut him down is not constructive either though.

Dont mean to offend. Stuck my nose in a bit too far again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back