Top 5 worst bonus features

Dagobert

Dormant account
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
What are the worst features they ever came up with?

Mine:

1. Roman Chariots (pays almost nothing even with many multipliers) (WMS)
2. So much/many Monsters/Sushi etc.. (terrible payout) (MG)
3. Terminator 2 T2000 heatseeker without a freespin symbol./ Freespin (not HM, cant be retriggered and they still kept the symbols??) (MG)
4. Starburst. (Max payout? 300x? AND it never happens) (NET/ENT)
5. Fruit Shop/Big Bang/Attraction (NET/ENT)

It is hard to stick to just 5 here but I would say the following

1. South Park Reel Chaos (NetEnt). Utter rubbish every time I have hit it.
2. Avalon II (MG). The whole thing is dull dull dull and pays very little
3. Avengers (Playtech). Nice concept but never had a really good payout on this ever and never seen a good screenie of a high payout.
4. IR Michael (MG). Takes ages and never pays out much
5. Starburst (NetEnt). Utter rubbish all round.

LOTS!! - but I will pick the first 5 that 'spring to mind' not so much my 'worst' but defo most annoying when on a losing streak!

1) Jurassic Park (Triceratops) - Love the game but never had a win over 10x on this one, so many wilds per reel, but never stop in the window.
2) Steam Tower - Plenty of '+2 Free Spins' lovely but pointless if there are no wins over n over again
3) TS/Spring Break/Adv palace/AJB - I swear if i see 2x 9's, Hammers, Man In dingy etc I will scream!
4) TSII - Wildstorm - when you've had all 5 reels, this will never come close again :p
5) Wish Master - If and I mean if I get a 'scroll' always 'x2' and If I get another it lands on reel 5 and awards 'Wild Reel' - bout as useful as a choccy teapot!

1: Demolition Squad once out of all the times I've played this game have I had a good feature it gives dreadful features and terrible base wins!:mad:

2: Space Wars re-spin yet again nearly every time I played this the re-spin was rubbish or zero had top symbol once and that wasn't even that big compared to the bet size!

3: Michael Feature in Immortal as mentioned already takes yonks and isn't good at all.

4:Georgie porgie and jack n jill both rotten features all the time.

5: This might be surprising but gonna say break da bank again sure you get one goldmine of a feature but the fact no pay for the 4-5 scatters is just crud. So sorry BDBA your feature more often than not dreadful!! :mad:

I can't agree with any of the above slots - except TS1 (& clones) and TS2.
With the others you will get some sort of return.

Surely the worst features are those where it is possible to win a big, fat ZERO? :mad:
This is possible on most slots where the feature is free-spins (except RTG's "Win-Win" slots, with low-win insurance), and some with picking features which can end on the first pick.

So I can't actually list just 5 slots - because there are LOADS of features which can pay ziltch.
But the first one's which spring to mind are:
Gift Crap (MG) - always hated this slot, due to the crap picking bonus.
MG & Playtech slots where you pick for free-spins and can "win" as few as 3 spins @ x2.
Rival slots where 3 scatters only give you 5 free-spins. OK, so they hit quite frequently - but so do results of $0.
Jack and the Beanstalk, Evolution, Jack Hammer 1 & 2: Four of my favourite NetEnt slots with features when can be great - but can also pay very little at all, or even zip.

KK

1. The Secret Code free spins - Absolutely God-awful in every conceivable way. 10x bet is a great result.
2. Immortal Romance (Sarah) - yes, thanks for turning the last reel wild again. Pointless and infuriating.
3. Immortal Romance (Michael) - so unutterably boring it beggars belief.
4. Thunderstruck II (Thor) - 3 queens, 3 kings, 3 tens, 3 queens, 3 aces and on and on. Dull.
5. Jurassic Park T-rex Alert Mode - The first time I got it, I was expecting some wilds. I quickly learned.

I can't agree with any of the above slots - except TS1 (& clones) and TS2.
With the others you will get some sort of return.

Surely the worst features are those where it is possible to win a big, fat ZERO? :mad:
This is possible on most slots where the feature is free-spins (except RTG's "Win-Win" slots, with low-win insurance), and some with picking features which can end on the first pick.

So I can't actually list just 5 slots - because there are LOADS of features which can pay ziltch.
But the first one's which spring to mind are:
Gift Crap (MG) - always hated this slot, due to the crap picking bonus.
MG & Playtech slots where you pick for free-spins and can "win" as few as 3 spins @ x2.
Rival slots where 3 scatters only give you 5 free-spins. OK, so they hit quite frequently - but so do results of $0.
Jack and the Beanstalk, Evolution, Jack Hammer 1 & 2: Four of my favourite NetEnt slots with features when can be great - but can also pay very little at all, or even zip.

KK

You've really never had such a bad session on bdba you want to pull your hair out and scream? I've had zero features way too many times and at times it's eaten £50 in 20minutes even at 9-18p. Break Da bank again is so dire at times. I have seen the good side but not enough.

For USA

3 dice --Ching game sucks when you hit bonus and dam wheel cuts your win in half --

3 dice -- ISS --bonus wheel unless you hit a power up -mostly get 20 or 25 percent of spice accumulated -- eats you away quick

3 dice -- jackpot slots -- if a jackpot is hit -- all jackpots are reset to zero -- wont play this anymore after hearing that dimes quarters 50 cents jackpots are reset even if someone only hits the 10 cent one

3 dice artic -- as much as i love trying to get the 100 x 10 --the rest of the bonuses really don't pay much -- i have had bonuses pay so low--its another money eater

rtg --orc vs elf -- best bonus is at the end -- this game can eat you alive -- fun game but need big bank roll to make it to the end..

worst Bonus feature Netent

1) Super Lucky Frog - forget the Bonus round you´ll never win the jackpot
2) Diamond Dogs - almost every time i hit the dust
3) Simsalabim - the same Diamond Dog bs
4) Blood Suckers - i hate it really
5) Mega Fortune - its a Jackpot feature so most time not more than double the bet

Yes after thought I apologise to TSII and TS (plus clones) I was more referring to the frustration when they only pay 2OAK's or 1 reel Wild Storms.

However to be fair to those slots they have payed me some 'belters' over the years, in fact I contradicted myself big time cos I think I may have put these slots in my 'faves' on the other thread running atm.

Sorry Thor, make sure you payout next visit :notworthy

1. The Secret Code free spins - Absolutely God-awful in every conceivable way. 10x bet is a great result.
2. Immortal Romance (Sarah) - yes, thanks for turning the last reel wild again. Pointless and infuriating.
3. Immortal Romance (Michael) - so unutterably boring it beggars belief.
4. Thunderstruck II (Thor) - 3 queens, 3 kings, 3 tens, 3 queens, 3 aces and on and on. Dull.
5. Jurassic Park T-rex Alert Mode - The first time I got it, I was expecting some wilds. I quickly learned.

lol, spot on, every time I hear that T-Rex 'roar' and see the 'Extra Wilds' I say out loud to my PC, 'What Wilds are those, the invisible ones,the ones which disappear up the T-Rex's ass, the ones you never see' etc etc etc :p

lol, spot on, every time I hear that T-Rex 'roar' and see the 'Extra Wilds' I say out loud to my PC, 'What Wilds are those, the invisible ones,the ones which disappear up the T-Rex's ass, the ones you never see' etc etc etc :p

The most annoying thing about the T-Rex feature is the fact it doesn't even tease you.
Any other game with a feature like that would constantly drop wilds into reels 3, 4 and 5 to make you go "Ooooh! So close!" but not J.P, there's just no real extra wilds :rolleyes:

1. Any and all Net-entrails 'features' especially the Turd but except Wild Rockets.

(I don't know why people mention st*rb*rst as it has no feature, just a sticky expanding wild and is in a category of shiteness on its own anyway:( )

2. Sarah on Immortal. Utter excruciating shit.
3. Wolf Run any other IGT games which pay a mere 5 spins for 3 scatters on reels 2,3,4.
4. Odin or Loki on TS2.
5. Tomb Raider 1. Both features are utter vomit.

Bruce lee - hit the 3 free spins multiple times but very little in terms of payouts.
zombies or maybe scarface (I think) the pick a bonus always seems to pay the same.

I do sort of agree with KK's point about the potential to win zero.

BUT...I think an underwhelming "win ceiling" is in many ways, even worse. Given that features tend to come on average once per 150 spins,
I think ANY feature that fails to EVER deliver even 75x bet is frankly not worth "striving for".

We can "tolerate" zero/next to zero win bonus rounds, knowing that when it does hit good, it hits BIG.
DOA, GOT, JP's Dilophasaurus, Wine and Cheese, Santa's Wild Ride, BDBA, Unflushed Toilet Turd Monster (and many others)...
they are all very capable of being utter shite and quite often they can (and will) frustrate the living daylights out of us.
But we stick with them, because we know what they CAN do when all the stars align. That is why we play those games, that is why
they are so popular.

1. Gift Crap (KK totally nailed it with this one). I could not possibly agree any more. A pick'em round round that quite often ends after 1 pick.
And they give you 2x bet as a "consolation bonus" when the bonus round ends? Fuck off already MG with that bullcrap.
I played this game once during 32Red's Festive Frenzy. All I can say is......
NEVER, EVER, EVER again. EVER!!!! The biggest heap of steaming dung I've ever played. :mad:

2. Ashley's rolling reels on Playboy. IMHO, absolutely the worst rolling reels feature out of MG's 243 ways slots. Is a total win of 25x bet
even possible? One other thing about this feature that bugs me. If you look in the bottom right hand corner, you sometimes find out
your total win for that spin before the spin has even played out, thus taking any element of surprise out of it.
Michael on IR, Thor on TS2, even Champagne and diamonds on TFROL are miles better, even though they
can often be underwhelming. At least I have managed to win over 100x bet on them the odd time.
Even Morgan's Keep on Avalon 2 (which I also find quite infuriating) has paid me up to 80x bet the odd time.

3. Avalon 2 Hall Of Shadows (fight the Black Knight). The absolute worst of the "c(r)apped" bonus rounds on this game. You "win"
the fight each and every time, yet this tight bastid of a bonus round can pay as little as 25x bet. Appalling.

4. Ghost Rider (Playtech) - Ghost Hunt Bonus. Utterly, utterly, utterly pointless. Did I mention it was utterly pointless? Contains more
shit than the Unflushed Toilet Turd Monster Thingy. Free spins round isn't much cop either.

5. Untamed Bengal Tiger - It might well (in theory) have the same kind of potential as the trailing wilds in Santa's Wild Ride and Avalon 2,
but I have seen absolutely fuck all evidence of it. A 20 spin round where I see a total of two wilds (which both land on the bottom row
of Reel 5 no less) is NOT my idea of a bonus feature deserving so much as a crumb of praise. It's my idea of a total waste of time and
deserves scathing criticism of the highest order.

I can see why some people made the choices they made. But I don't entirely agree with them. I've had wins of 100x bet on quite a few of them.

1. Game of Thrones 243 ways (suckiest game ever)
2. Dead Or Alive (only got 5 wilds in my life but that wasnt a moneyline)
3. All Immortal Romance (got some nice hits sometimes but to rare)
4. Battlestar Galactica ( never wasting money on this shit ever again)
5. Bust the Bank or Santas Wild Ride are kinda pointless along with Dark Knight"

Oh i now see almost all MG slots, guess Netent beats the living crap outta MG. My best wins have came outta Victorious bonus and Flowers, but i hate thoose games so much, i tend to play IR to much and ends up being disappointed.

One game i think many would say the bonus eatures suck in is Secret Santa but they have good Rolling Reels at least for me:)

In reply to part on mcgameboy's post, The only one I can 'help you out' with is Ashley's Rolling reels on PlayBoy.

Managed an £80 odd on .30p but only ONCE lol, do tend to pick this one if balance is in need of 'rescuing' as I've had a few around the 80-100x bet so not been that bad for me to be fair.

It does have the next habit of putting reels 1-3 none pictures followed by 'block' of 3 pics on reel 4 to stop any chance of big 5OAK.

Totally agree the element of surprise removed with showing win before it lands, I tend to put my fag box in the bottom corner now just to keep hopes alive :p

I forgot to add - the absolute worst of the very worst - are features where you win $0... and get congratulated for it! :sob:

JaB_ZERO_May13.JPG

StitchZero.JPG

This one doesn't actually say "Congratulations", but I've included it especially for Dunover, because I know how much he really loves this slot! :p

StarBust_Sep12.JPG

KK

I don't care about high variance bonuses not paying most of the time if the potential for a huge win is there. What I really dislike is a capped bonus ("pick-me" style or others).

As for the T-Rex Alert, the only difference is that scatters are turned into (single) wilds. The reels spin normally with random stops, so it's normal that there's no "tease" or anything like that. I did get a few big wins during that feature but nothing spectacular.

I do think it sucks that the spins aren't free during that feature though, considering that:

a) it's hard to hit something decent even with the added wilds
b) there's no extra potential for a huge win only with a handful of single wilds added to each reel
c) there's no chance to trigger the free spins feature during that time

T-Rex Alert spins should have been free (and harder to get to compensate).

In reply to part on mcgameboy's post, The only one I can 'help you out' with is Ashley's Rolling reels on PlayBoy.

Managed an £80 odd on .30p but only ONCE lol, do tend to pick this one if balance is in need of 'rescuing' as I've had a few around the 80-100x bet so not been that bad for me to be fair.

It does have the next habit of putting reels 1-3 none pictures followed by 'block' of 3 pics on reel 4 to stop any chance of big 5OAK.

Totally agree the element of surprise removed with showing win before it lands, I tend to put my fag box in the bottom corner now just to keep hopes alive :p

Thanks Jon. At least you have given me evidence of it's erm...potential. :)

And your point about Reel 4....yes that was one thing that I took very little time to spot. I don't think this happens anywhere near as
often on the Michael or Thor features.

If there was any slot that was a TOTAL RIP OFF 99% of the time it would be the below.... I have NEVER seen so many low paying features EVER. My losses far outweigh any wins over 100's of thousands of spins. That slot is just a money grabber for NetBent.

1. CFTBL
2. CFTBL
3. CFTBL
4. CFTBL
5. CFTBL

Nate

If there was any slot that was a TOTAL RIP OFF 99% of the time it would be the below.... I have NEVER seen so many low paying features EVER. My losses far outweigh any wins over 100's of thousands of spins. That slot is just a money grabber for NetBent.

1. CFTBL
2. CFTBL
3. CFTBL
4. CFTBL
5. CFTBL

Nate

I gather you have been shafted by this slot moments ago hence the furious anger :D ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back