Time Traveller in Chaplin Film?

swampwitch

ProfessionalUnderachiever
This is a hoot. Seems someone was watching the old Chaplin silent film The Circus, and noticed what looks like a woman talking on a portable (cell?) phone...in 1928.
Now, there may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, and since it's being re-tweeted up a storm today I'm sure someone will have the answer in the next couple of days. Or....not?

Cue Twilight Zone theme....

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would a time traveler be holding such a device in public let alone past a video camera.

If any tom dick or harry could time travel we would all know for sure by now that it was possible, if it was only being used by a few scientists this would not have happened. Strolling around with such technology in front of a video camera.

Well of course it's probably not a time traveller. And of course she's probably not holding a cell phone. There probably aren't real flying saucers, or Bigfoot, or Nessie, or fairies and on and on and on.

The point is...wouldn't it be cool? Don't we all deserve for something really cool, really unexpected, really impossible to happen?

Some times you just have to let your inner geek fly......

K, I have been watching horror movies for about 2 weeks straight now, and watching this gave me the creepies more than ANY of that :eek:

Hoax, explainable, whatever.....it LOOKS freaky and I wanna know, what's the deal?!?

Thanks Swamp, very interesting.

Why would a time traveler be holding such a device in public let alone past a video camera.

If any tom dick or harry could time travel we would all know for sure by now that it was possible, if it was only being used by a few scientists this would not have happened. Strolling around with such technology in front of a video camera.

Just wanted to note they didn't have video cameras then either...just motion picture cameras (with the reels)...:p

Or WAS it captured on a camera phone? :eek2:

Well of course it's probably not a time traveller. And of course she's probably not holding a cell phone. There probably aren't real flying saucers, or Bigfoot, or Nessie, or fairies and on and on and on.

The point is...wouldn't it be cool? Don't we all deserve for something really cool, really unexpected, really impossible to happen?

Some times you just have to let your inner geek fly......

Actually swampy there are flying saucers and even ghosts because I have seen both.

BTW Time travel is not cool, it would fcuk the world up completely. But that don't matter as it is impossible to achieve.

I read that theory when the story first came out, about the hearing aid, it was on my yahoo page. But it is interesting that she does indeed seem to be talking...maybe she's talking to herself.

What about the guy in the video wearing a sweatshirt and sunglasses in the 40's? Photo Shop?

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Just because you (general you, not you swampy :D ) can't see things, (or one person doesn't see something) doesn't mean they are not true. What about God? People insist he's real, but not aliens? Strange to me.

Actually swampy there are flying saucers and even ghosts because I have seen both.

Many years ago we had an old spin washer in the basement with a mechanical timer and I heard it running at about 3 am. Everyone in the house was sound asleep so I went downstairs and lifted the lid. There was no clothes in it.

I unplugged it so it would stop swishing back and forth and went back to bed. Then I spent the next 15 minutes listening to the mechanical timer tick itself out directly under my bed.

It was a little parannoying.

BTW Time travel is not cool, it would fcuk the world up completely. But that don't matter as it is impossible to achieve.

We're all time travelers whether we like it or not. We just have no control over how fast or which direction.

By the way, a cell phone would be completely useless in 1928 unless another time traveler went back first and built a broadcast tower or a satellite.

Pretty interesting An_Alien...I looked him up on Wiki and found this paragraph quite interesting.....

Existence and nature of extraterrestrial life
Hawking has indicated that he is almost certain that alien life exists in other parts of the universe and uses a mathematical basis for his assumptions. "To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational. The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like." He believes alien life not only certainly exists on planets but perhaps even in other places, like within stars or even floating in outer space. He also warns that a few of these species might be intelligent and threaten Earth. Contact with such species might be devastating for humanity.[30] "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said. He advocated that, rather than try to establish contact, man should try to avoid contact with alien life forms.[31]

Pretty interesting An_Alien...I looked him up on Wiki and found this paragraph quite interesting.....

He made another episode about Aliens, that's where those quotes are taken from.

This was the first documentary I watched by him and it's probably my favorite. :D

If you wish to watch it all just right click on the video and select "Watch on Youtube" the other 4 parts will be listed to the right of that video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back