Thunderkick ripping off megaways!

kds1977a

Newbie member
Just seen the latest thunderkick game

Big fish bay

Complete megaways rip off with no licence from btg . I wonder how long before some legal action takes place??

Last edited:
They’re not the first to do a take on Megaways without a licence. Frankly, I’m surprised so many licence it directly, so BTG must offer a lot of background support to make it worthwhile.

Not a bad game that; just tried it in demo mode. Got a bonus within 25 spins, which paid 58x. Bonus is similar to the White Rabbit expanding-reels bonus, but whereby the wild symbols expand the reel one level and trigger a respin. Effectively, you can have twice the number of free spins if every spin lands a wild.

It's a variation of where do I start lol, bonanza, white rabbit immortal romance. If anyone can spot any other games in there I will send them 1 jelly bean.

Disclaimer I won't send 1 jelly bean.

Arguably it copies megaways, but its really not the same thing, the base game is fixed ways and the free spins just increases the ways which we have seen on many games before, megaways is more than just adding extra ways its also the maths behind how it works. none of which is in play here.

Just seen the latest thunderkick game

Big fish bay

Complete megaways rip off with no licence from btg . I wonder how long before some legal action takes place??
There will be no legal action... simply because you can't patent a "game design" in the EU at all.

Quite a few developers have done their own version of Megaways. It might not be exactly the same but it's clear they have taken a LOT of inspiration from BTG.

To be fair there must have been someone who first invented the wild, scatter, freespins, multipliers, cascading reels etc way back when. Anything that's popular in any industry gets copied, Lidl and Aldi run whole businesses on copying popular brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back