the WTF thread

Heh, i did wonder about the name 'Dagenhem' when i saw it in the tweet.
In Swedish Dagen is 'the day' and hem is 'home' i thought for a second maybe there was some Swedish connection.
Dagenham makes more sense.

=)
Well in fact originally you are correct. Nordic/Saxon first-phase settlements were suffixed -ton and second phase -hem. Later became sometimes 'don' and 'ham'.

You will also be familiar with numerous other Norse names we have here, for example places ending 'Haven' like Milford Haven which are coastal towns originally suffixed 'Havn' but again corrupted with use over time. Also villages ending in 'mere' of which there are hundreds and finally, our newest 'hottest place' Coningsby in Lincolnshire has the 'by' suffix which as you will know is Danish usually, like Brondby for example.

You look up thousands of especially English place names and with little effort you can translate their names back into old Norse or German, in the case of the Scottish islands, Norwegian.

We got our own back though as what most people don't realise is that Lego was an English idea. :p

Well in fact originally you are correct. Nordic/Saxon first-phase settlements were suffixed -ton and second phase -hem. Later became sometimes 'don' and 'ham'.

You will also be familiar with numerous other Norse names we have here, for example places ending 'Haven' like Milford Haven which are coastal towns originally suffixed 'Havn' but again corrupted with use over time. Also villages ending in 'mere' of which there are hundreds and finally, our newest 'hottest place' Coningsby in Lincolnshire has the 'by' suffix which as you will know is Danish usually, like Brondby for example.

You look up thousands of especially English place names and with little effort you can translate their names back into old Norse or German, in the case of the Scottish islands, Norwegian.

We got our own back though as what most people don't realise is that Lego was an English idea. :p

Not sure how many of you guys outside of Canada are aware of HRH Queen Romana Didulo of the Kingdom of Canada (now the World) and her royal 'decrees'. She has quite a following - around 70k, although many of those might be bots - and she tours the country in an RV, begging asking for donations.

She has decreed that it is illegal to be charged for electricity, gas, water, etc, and her supporters should simply refuse to pay these "illegal" demands. So - many of her supporters don't, ending with the obvious result from such actions - disconnection. And when they ask HRH for help and/or advice, there is (obviously) none forthcoming.

The following is an exchange between one of her acolytes and Hydro-Quebec. You don't need to speak French. As long are you are reasonably fluent in emoji, you will be fine.

But I have included a translation under Hydro's explanation just in case:

Romulan Dildo decree (2).jpg

Translation:
🚫: say no to
👑: queen
🍆: eggplant (dildo)
➡️: go to
💳: pay
🧾: the bill
⚡️: for electricity
👍: OK?

Last edited:
There are people who believe everything this guy says.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, as I identify as a vampire on Saturdays, it is my right to drink blood as a result, it's part of my religion. The nanotechnology is not to wipe out the population but to track you all when the world goes dark.....Mwahahahahahahahaha

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, as I identify as a vampire on Saturdays, it is my right to drink blood as a result, it's part of my religion. The nanotechnology is not to wipe out the population but to track you all when the world goes dark.....Mwahahahahahahahaha
Bit confused. You mean you are one of the few that are still in denial and do not believe. Do not say you have not been warned by my fellow atlantian vampires.
I don't go out After Dark, so I am safe. Phew. I think.

I don't go out After Dark, so I am safe. Phew. I think.

Added to my playlist, love this track.

Had to search for it, but had a feeling it was from Dusk till Dawn when Salma performs one the best five minutes of movie action of modern times with her snake dance, what a woman. Apparently, quite an intellectual also, seems some can have it all.

Added to my playlist, love this track.

Had to search for it, but had a feeling it was from Dusk till Dawn when Salma performs one the best five minutes of movie action of modern times with her snake dance, what a woman. Apparently, quite an intellectual also, seems some can have it all.
I am a Straight A, but that dance - wow! Just wow! Hard to believe it was over 25 years ago.

The only thing that spoiled the film for me was Juliette Lewis. I find her really bland and vanilla, with little personality on show. Other than that, I loved the film.

And yes - a brilliant album.

Throwing it out there, well, why not :p

I've been going to a local community group. Met our local business owners. Our constabulary. Our political officials (mayoral, MPP, MPs).
And i've been welcomed in, arms wide, and have had a blast. :)

Great summer. :)

However......

Beers in, someone opts to make a joke. And I love jokes, even dark.

And the punchline was, because he was a ni***r.

And NOONE had a word to say. I just got on my bike and left, and not going back.
There's funny.
And there is lines.
Sucks, burnt a few briddges there. But, principles and IDGAF

Harvard gave Epstein an office on campus after his arrest for sex trafficking.

I wonder if we will ever get to know how deep the Epstein sex trafficking corruption goes. I think this is the first time in history that a sex trafficking ring has been uncovered, but none of the participants has faced justice or had to go to court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back