The unkindest cut of all....

jetset

RIP Brian
CONNECTION CUT DENIES ONLINE POKER ACE A WIN

The unkindest cut of all - potentially costing $75 000 - took down Danish poker ace

You're heads up and doing well in a major online poker tournament with a potential $75 000 difference between first and second placing when you lose your Internet connection, the game freezes and you can't get back on the Internet....it's a confluence of events that is infrequent, but still feared by many Internet poker fans.

It happened last weekend to Danish poker star Soren Kongsgaard in the Full Tilt Poker $1 million guaranteed tournament.

Playing from his home in Barcelona, Kongsgaard was dismayed to see everything come to an abrupt halt in the midst of a heads up with 'BluffMagCV' where the Dane felt he was doing well.

"I wasn't able to get my connection back, and since I only had around 50 times the big blind and the antes were high, it didn't take long before I had lost my chips," Kongsgaard told Pokernyhederne.com.

He was resigned to his misfortune: "That's just the way it is, there is nothing you can do about it. But I guess the player on the other side was happy about it."

BluffMagCV went on to take the tournament and a winner's prize of $197 984, leaving a disappointed Kongsgaard with second place and $75 000 less on a paycheck of $121 588.

Ouch !!

That has got to of hurt !

I have had it happen to me before on more than 1 occasion , and even though it was for much much smaller amounts ( couple of hundred ish ) i still felt completely mugged :mad:

If it had cost me $75000 ( or at least a 50/50 chance ) i would be looking at buying a new pc now........ and a new window as well ! :D

WAYLANDER

This sucks. But if you are playing online poker for such high stakes, you should invest in a redundant internet connection, e.g., ADSL and cable from different providers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back