The TV show "Touch"

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
The first season of this show just ended, and I thought it was pretty good - the kid is really cute and I like the fact that people from previous episodes keep popping back into it. Also, unlike some shows it's not just about people in the US, it's about people from all around the world and the links between them.

Anyhoo, after watching the first episode, I thought, "Wow we should invent a drinking game for this show - every time someone says 'Jake' (the kid's name) everyone has to drink" (When I was younger we did that after all night parties watching the Smurfs - that usually finished everyone off!)

So since I can't drink like that anymore :oops: I decided to just keep track during the next episode - it was like 31 times in the one hour episode. So since then I've kept a sort of scoreboard while watching the show (OCD much?) and I also keep it in 2 columns - one for Kiefer and one for everyone else - and then it's sort of a race to see who says it the most. (Side bets anyone?)

Last night we watched the 2 hours season finale. Up til this point, it's been averaging 30 times per episode. Last night's two hour episode - 71, with Kiefer way in the lead.

lol, as I've previously mentioned, I really need to get a life.

I LOVE, 'Touch'!!!

I have never played the drinking game before, THANK GOD, ABOVE!

Because if I say "ya, know?" and "whatever" and " Go F(* yourself" on a regular basis...I am thankful that no one drinks over my regular speech.:D

Anyway...my husband says and yells my name evvverrry day, 'Jane!' can ya get my nose spray?....'Jane, can you get me the remote',...JAAAAANNNNNNNEE, can ya get Annie in from outside ( our dog that refuses to come in and barks and the neighbours complain).

If I played the 'drinking game' over my name....... Wait!!! I'm drunk, already!

:D

You can do it practically with any show if you can find the stuff they say a lot - like I was watching Holmes on Homes one day and the one guy was talking about this floor and he kept saying "actually" and it got to the point that it was making my teeth hurt. "What we're actually going to do is actually tear up the actual floor to actually build and actually something blah actually actually actually blah blah"

I started screaming arrrghghghghhghg please someone MAKE HIM STOP SAYING THAT!!!!! Then my head exploded. :p

Chayton I am sorry to tell you this, however as a psychologist you are OCD :) just kidding. I love Touch and I know what you mean about certain words. I have to use the word "however" and "although" so much because scholarly writing does not want you to use the word 'but" and sometimes I get on my own nerves...lol. I hope that is one show they bring back. Whatever happened to the show "V"? It was about the aliens invading...I loved it. BTW, if you like aliens go see the movie Battleship, it was awesome!! :D

I found a site one day about the symbols they display on each commercial break in Fringe - poeple have figured out that the symbol and the little yellow spot actually (lol) are codes and they spell out a different word each episode.

I may be OCD, but not enough to be able to figure THAT out! :p

Anyhoo, since my dog's name is Jake I'm taking it as a sign - I thought I'd keep track of the amount of times they say it and then play the numbers on the lottery or something. I'm kidding of course, I'm just doing it because if I don't something bad will happen. ha!

Got this on my list to watch, saw the first episode and thought it had potential

Just watching the last season of Deadwood & Breaking Bad before moving onto Touch, Season 2 of The Walking Dead & Maybe a rewatch of Lost for the umpteenth time :cool:

oh another one that's pretty good is 'Awake' - I made the mistake of watching the last episode before I even knew what the show was about, so it was really bizzare and I had NO idea what was going on. Then I noticed that our Video on Demand had some of the older episodes for free, so went back and watched from the start. I quite liked it once I knew what was happening. I like Jason Isaacs too, even though his voice sounds like Dustin Hoffman. So if you haven't seen those, put them on your list too. But start from the beginning!

There really are too many of those tv-shows now that I want to see. The time isn't enough.
I also have a tendancy to get tired of them after a couple of seasons. I have some of Fringe left to see. I won't miss them.
Awake I have seen only one erisod. Didn't think it was that good, but maybe it get's better.
Touch is a little scary I think, since it's a little boy they are making to act like that. Wonder what he is thinking about his roll in it:rolleyes:

Anyone that have seen Haven? I loved that one, but it seems it stopped after just one season.
Unforgettable is another one that's good. It's way too many...

Haven - wasn't that the Steven King one? I missed the start so didn't bother watching the rest. He had another miniseries awhile back called "Kingdom Hospital" and I missed that one too.

I must admit though, im upset at Touch because it got a renewal instead of Alcatraz which i enjoyed :( oh well a whole bunch of new stuff coming out ive got my eyes on.

Continuum
Zero Hour
666 park Ave
Hannibal
Red Widow
The Following
Revolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back