The Stock Thread

slotmaster

Ueber Meister
Yesterday was a loss as Zom did an offering and that always makes the price go down but it recovered a bit today, darn companies trying to raise capital with offerings,lol.

The real news is OMG OMG OMG look at MVIS (MICROVISION) up $7 a share aftermarket right now baby, oh baby oh baby, "shrieking" It could drop back down again but that's o.k. then I can buy more shares,lol.

Also SNDL FTW!

Those 3 can keep skyrocket, ZOM and SNDL to $5 or $10 please!

slotmaster

Ueber Meister
Anyone else happy a holiday weekend so a day off from stocks? Only in 5 right now but nice to take a break.

interlog

Meister Member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
MM
I always found that unless you're a stock broker it is best not to look at the share price every 5 minutes. They are only paper losses / gains until such time you're actually planning to sell them.

Also very wise to take into consideration any dividends that you may get.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I always found that unless you're a stock broker it is best not to look at the share price every 5 minutes. They are only paper losses / gains until such time you're actually planning to sell them.

Also very wise to take into consideration any dividends that you may get.
Yeah. Some are playing the markets 24/7

Slottery

PABnoaccred
MM
Think in this thread been loads spoken about day trading where you often don't own anything for many hours or days. Can be nice form of gamble and no need to guess how some company is doing after few years.

In that game, majority of noobies just end up losing their money, all these kind of hype what been seen in last months make more and more people to get involved and when there is loads of "stupid money", it somehow often finds it way to "smart money". All these Reddit and other hype things where you get people to just throw their money somewhere where they think they might get rich fast are quite often just organized pyramid schemes (not in their traditional way, everybody have of course same chance to buy and sell, often if you're not professional, it's only morally questionable to encourage people to "invest" something they don't understand and then collect their money), when you read from public forums to buy/sell something, it's 99% that time went already.

slotplayer

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webmeister
I did some stock day trading back in 1990's. Anyone remember Infoseek?

slotmaster

Ueber Meister
Well this is not good at all right now if you are in already, Lost more money than I wanted to, I invested early in electric cars and the merger was announced supposedly this evening and the stock plummeted %30. :( Well see tomorrow and the future is promising but I am going to run out of money by then. The one play I am trying to hold on till next month when their new product comes out then I am getting out unless some more news comes out.

It's good to get in cheaper if you can time it well if it runs up again.