The No.1 song on your 14th birthday defines your life

steveh35

Dormant Account
The No.1 song on my 14th birthday was Black Box "Ride On Time" Yes that reveals my age for anyone who wants to work it out. ;)

I suppose this makes me a thief as they nicked the vocals from Loletta Holloway or I am a super sexy italian dance stallion.

Link Removed (Old/Invalid)

Emilia - Big Big World.... So I'm a girl then? Happy days!

The No.1 song on my 14th birthday was Black Box "Ride On Time" Yes that reveals my age for anyone who wants to work it out. ;)

I suppose this makes me a thief as they nicked the vocals from Loletta Holloway or I am a super sexy italian dance stallion.

Link Removed (Old/Invalid)

Yeah I remember that, I don't know if they had to pay royalties. Around that time, late 80's?, there was also the milli vanilli story about faking the singing

Yeah I remember that, I don't know if they had to pay royalties. Around that time, late 80's?, there was also the milli vanilli story about faking the singing
Loletta Hollway sued for Ride On Time, so they used Martha Wash's vocals for their other hits in 1990 and she eventually sued many years later

...So What - Pink
source.gif

In 1982, I was still living in Romania and while we did not have proper pop charts, I remember one song which was very popular that year. Well, better said I have a faint memory of headbanging and getting drunk for the first time in my life. Yeah, from 14 years onward you were considered an adult. :D

At the same time, number one in Germany :D

And number one in June 1982 in the UK :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back