The 'Meisters'

mitch

Dormant account
Bryan, on another thread, referred to Lurkio as a contender for the most annoying poster of 2004. Actually I don't agree with this as I consider Lurkio challenging rather than annoying, unlike Hahaha who was genuinely annoying with his sarcastic sniping.

Lurkio has an obviously deeply held opinion that all gamblers are stupid losers who whinge and make excuses for their losses and fully deserve to be exploited by affiliates. I think people should be prepared to make challenging statements like this on forums as long as they phrase their opinions in an acceptable way. Makes for interesting threads IMO which has to be good for the forum as a whole.

However, getting back on subject, it got me thinking that perhaps this forum should have annual awards similar to the 'Oscars'.

Categories for the awards could be :-

'Most helpful post/poster'
'Most informative post/poster'
'Most amusing post/poster'
'Most challenging post/poster'
'Most ridiculous post/poster'
'Overall post/poster of the year'

Bryan could choose the winners or perhaps choose some nominees and let the members vote. (obviously Bryan couldn't nominate himself. :) )

Perhaps Bryan could use his good orifices (sic) with casinos to get one of them to sponsor the awards and perhaps even offer some free chips to the winners!

Think of the cache of having a 'Meister' in your cabinet. :cool:

Anyway that's my (drunken) Saturday night thought.
What do other people think?

Mitch
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
mitch said:
Bryan, on another thread, referred to Lurkio as a contender for the most annoying poster of 2004. Actually I don't agree with this as I consider Lurkio challenging rather than annoying, unlike Hahaha who was genuinely annoying with his sarcastic sniping.

Lurkio has an obviously deeply held opinion that all gamblers are stupid losers who whinge and make excuses for their losses and fully deserve to be exploited by affiliates.
And you don't find this annoying? :D

Actually, an annoyance for one individual may be a musical interlude for another. I don't like the sound of gas-powered leaf blowers; some people dig this sound because their profession is "Gardener". Being annoying is strictly subjective, and is not all together bad. Leaf blowers blow the leaves away, no?

I've actually contemplated starting a user group "Annoying Poster" where you can nominate whomever to become a member. :D It's just a thought. But a funny one at that. And this way, I wouldn't be tempted to ban or suspend accounts of members who piss people off. I just tag them "annoying."

mitch said:
'Most helpful post/poster'
'Most informative post/poster'
'Most amusing post/poster'
'Most challenging post/poster'
'Most ridiculous post/poster'
'Overall post/poster of the year'

Bryan could choose the winners or perhaps choose some nominees and let the members vote. (obviously Bryan couldn't nominate himself. :) )

Perhaps Bryan could use his good orifices (sic) with casinos to get one of them to sponsor the awards and perhaps even offer some free chips to the winners!

Think of the cache of having a 'Meister' in your cabinet. :cool:

Anyway that's my (drunken) Saturday night thought.
What do other people think?

Mitch
Sounds cool. There are many options available for me to work with. I'll be looking at this upon my return. :D
 
Last edited:

maxlevine

Webmaster
webmeister
mitch said:
Categories for the awards could be :-

'Most helpful post/poster'
'Most informative post/poster'
'Most amusing post/poster'
'Most challenging post/poster'
'Most ridiculous post/poster'
'Overall post/poster of the year'

Mitch
It is a very good idea. There were many helpful posts/posters here which allowed me to understand this industry and avoid making bad decisions.

As for the most ridiculous post/poster... I've seen some basic questions being asked by newbies, and a few posters responded, emphasizing on the necessity to remind everyone of experiences or knowledge acquired through the years that might have been forgotten or neglected. I think that, sometimes, bringing back an old subject or reviewing a basic issue may be beneficial considering different perspective from experience and new posters. Being a neophyte myself, I sure wouldn't appreciate being ridiculed by the more experienced posters following a basic question or naive comment... just because they've passed the stage of newbiness a long time ago.

Max

P.S.: n. newbiness

The quality or state of being new to something, especially a novice at online gambling.

[syn: newness,freshness,dumbness]

source: Dictionary of the English Language, Internet Message Board Edition :)
 
Top