Threads:
Photos:

Latest photos

Group events

Fight Club

THE LOCKER ROOM - General Chit Chat

bamberfishcake

MM
Started this group as i have always had a fascination with martial arts and combat sports, Asian cinema and generally keeping fit since i watched Enter The Dragon with my Dad.

Hope to share some stories, find a few good films and watch a knockout or two.

bamberfishcake

MM
Documentary on Kimbo Slice.

Quite often i watch this stuff and my opinion of them changes like the one i watched on Chris Eubank this one shows a different side to the fighter.

bamberfishcake

MM
This weekend sees a return to a packed stadium for the UFC in Jacksonville.

Usman Vs Masvidal.

Some bad blood and something to prove between these two exceptional fighters.

Masividal on the last fight - 'It didnt go as well as i expected cause i didnt work on my tap dancing' :)

Usman is an absolute beast of a fighter but, any fight where Masvidal is an underdog has to be worth a punt.

bamberfishcake

MM
Been out of touch with current events lately, so I was chuffed to see one of my favourite fighters of all time, Nate Diaz, making a return for this weekends UFC.

Not a title fight or main event, instead a Diaz favouring five rounder.

Shame he is fighting one of the top-ranked UK fighters, Leon Edwards.

Lion vs Heart of a Lion.

bamberfishcake

MM
Great interview with Khabib following the recent infamous Conor McGregor tweet, where Conor shows his true class or fragile state of mind.

Jump to 34 minutes for Khabibs reaction and questioning Mike Tyson about his own infamous deed.

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
That tweet was following the fight where he threathened to kill his opponent + opponents wife in their sleep, right?
Sitting there with his broken(?) leg saying he will get them in their sleep, it aint over.
Pathetic.

bamberfishcake

MM
That tweet was following the fight where he threathened to kill his opponent + opponents wife in their sleep, right?
Sitting there with his broken(?) leg saying he will get them in their sleep, it aint over.
Pathetic.

Not that one, Khabib tweeted 'Good prevails over Evil' or something like that, in a clear reference to Conor losing to Dustin Poirer, who was the target of the tweet you mention.

Conor followed up with a tweet that mentioned Khabibs father, who passed not long ago.

He followed quickly with something about being drunk I think, but unfortunately, you can't take that stuff away once it's tweeted.

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
Not that one, Khabib tweeted 'Good prevails over Evil' or something like that, in a clear reference to Conor losing to Dustin Poirer, who was the target of the tweet you mention.

Conor followed up with a tweet that mentioned Khabibs father, who passed not long ago.

He followed quickly with something about being drunk I think, but unfortunately, you can't take that stuff away once it's tweeted.
Ah ok.
Imo being drunk is not an excuse for saying some of the shit he has said.
Being drunk may have been the reason he said it, but it was always there, drinking just made him 'brave' enough to say it.

And like you say, its not like you can just delete the tweet and act like it never happened.
Not when you have about 9 million followers.
Drinking and thinking does not always go hand in hand.

bamberfishcake

MM
Paddy The Baddy has been rocking Cage Warriors for a while and his UFC debut was long overdue.

He won his UFC debut in Vegas on Saturday.

This guy is tipped to rock the UFC and for good reason, just take a look......

bamberfishcake

MM
I hope that they ban the oblique kick after what happened at the weekend

Glad you mentioned it, it was a lethal kick, perfectly executed and career-ending.

I understand why fighters are calling for it to be stopped but personally I hope they keep it.

After all, it's MMA. The sport is literally about breaking and maiming the opponent. They all know what they sign up for and it's not boxing. I prefer no-holds-barred, appreciate head kicks on the floor and eye gouges are over the top and I see no style in that, but, I like that kick and it poses a real chess match getting past someone whose effective at it.

Take it away and the sport misses one interesting strategy. Take too much away and it's not MMA.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I think that keeping that not banning it would be a shame because it could shorten careers and rob fans of years of entertaining fights from those careers cut short. And I think it will be banned because promoters will not want to see their main attractions taken away by such brutality. There is plenty blood and guts in the sport anyhoo.
Will Conor Mcgregor retire? I think he should now

bamberfishcake

MM
It is a bone-breaking move with no chance to tap out, that's for sure.

I think Conor should retire, or commit 110%.

There is no questioning his ability, but I wonder if he really wants to commit to the level of training needed to be champ again. I've heard a few question his commitment to training and I get the impression he would rather be up the pub :)

Besides, im sure he wont be short of offers from Jake Paul and similar, for exhibition stuff.

Does he really want it and is he willing to commit to get it? I would like to see him have a good go but i think he's happier as an internet sensation now. has a pretty good legacy anyway, just maybe not what he could have had.