The bones personal thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I begin

Johnnygotthebon,

I have so much to say I can't possibly say it all. I have read this entire thread--some of it more than once. I have enjoyed it thoroughly. I've enjoyed your repetitious ranting. You are the only person I recall who's repetitious rants have kept me entertained and intrigued so please take this as a compliment that it is intended to be.

It has been fascinating to see all the intensely emotionally charged posts from various forum members get so worked up regarding your "personal thread." I respect the opinions of each and every one of them; however, respect and agreement are two completely different things. Many valid points have been raised regarding your thread by other forum members. At the same time, many of the posts are completely off base and out of line. For the most part I have enjoyed reading them all--whether I agreed or disagreed.

In fact, there has been only one single post that actually ticked me off--the person who remarked "anytime I see the words God and Lord in a thread it has lost all credibility." Another member responded that piece of dribble much better than I ever could. He managed to make his point in a couple of sentences just as effectively if not more so than I could have in several paragraphs.

As for you being placed in the Attic, I think that's where this belongs. Don't worry, I don't think it's hurt your "ratings." :D With the exception of the Virtual/Ace Revenue group, I don't think I have EVER seen a thread get so much attention here on CM. I never posted in that thread---just read read read.

I kind of liken Bryan's situation to that of Chuck Lorre's Charlie Sheen problems when Charlie Sheen lost it. It was CBS highest rated show. Firing him would kill the ratings. Eventually Charlie went too far and Charlie Sheen got fired. The show has managed to remain somewhat funny but it was never the same and will end after the coming season.

For the older members in this Forum I compare you to, Howard Beal from the Movie Network
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. This is one of my favorite films and I highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it or not seen it since it first came out when I was a teenager. EVERY SINGLE thing that was predicted by the screen writers regarding the future of Broadcast Television has come to pass. EVERYTHING. It is a fascinating, clever, dark of darkest comedies that everyone should watch at least twice IMO. The ensemble cast is brilliant--with Faye Dunaway who won a much deserved Oscar that year for her performance along with a long list of other Hollywood greats--now mostly deceased.

As for PROVEN SYSTEM, I understand it completely. I share your demons. While your PROVEN SYSTEM will never be my PROVEN SYSTEM, like you I have a problem maintaining control consistently and the Reverse Withdrawal has cost me more money than I can think of without getting literally nauseated. I'm confident many other members of this forum also share this problem in various degrees and most of them will not admit it.

Anything you can do to help you limit your losses and maximize your wins is a good thing as long as it is actually working for you. You have already said if it doesn't work you will quit completely. I personally am giving myself until the end of this year to get full control over the "beast" or give it up completely.

As long as this thread remains, I'm going to continue to follow it. Hopefully you won't do anything to piss Bryan off and get booted.

Oh yes, one more thing, about movies. Specifically, your favorite movie, FROZEN. It takes a real man IMO to admit their favorite movie is Frozen. When another forum member referred to it condescendingly as a mere "cartoon." I thought about letting her have it. Frozen at a minimum is a full length "Disney Animated Motion Picture Classic." Bugs Bunny is a "cartoon." It is I believe already the most successful animated film of all time by far. I liked it a lot and I do not have children. I know how much children LOVE this film. Personally, my favorites include the older classically animated film Disney Films with Bambi, and Lady and the Tramp are at the top of the heap. I also loved Pocahontas from 1995 and "Colors of the Wind" is one of my favorite songs.

I love lots of movies--every thing from Austin Powers to Lawrence of Arabia. Gone with the Wind to The Best Years of Our Lives. From Here to Eternity from To Kill a Mockingbird. The Way We Were, Funny Girl, Yentl, Prince of Tides, and just about any other Barbra Streisand film. And I do not dare leave out The Last Picture Show, Mommie Dearest, Carrie, and The Bad Seed.

Enough for now. If you want to know more about me look at my past threads. I was a professional card counter off and on for years. Online Gambling has pretty much eclipsed those days for the past 5 years and yet--I will never have the slight house edge I had as a counter. I don't really understand why I keep doing it.

Like you I enjoy the action and I am convinced I will get it under control. I have beat a bad drug habit I had 10 years ago and smoking. I've never been a heavy drinker. I should be able to control my online gambling. Time will tell. If I am unable to get it under control to a level I deem acceptable by the end of the year I will stop completely.

My quality posts are buried beneath riduculous posts like yours...

And this is why I am putting a fork in this one. You made your point. And if you want to continue this discussion about your "system" etc., there are plenty of free-blog sites elsewhere that can provide the platform that you need. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back