The bonehead is back

lol funny when he came back after his last banning they put him on mediated status so that the mods would have to approve his posts - with that machine gun posting style I think that only lasted two days before everyone got sick of dropping everything every minute to approve another post. And probably answering 5 pms with every post from him saying "Why haven't you approved my post yet?" ;)

Haha yeah I thought of this, note I said AUTOMATIC approval system :) Like 5 posts a day then cut off kind of thing. I can only imagine!

Haha yeah I thought of this, note I said AUTOMATIC approval system :) Like 5 posts a day then cut off kind of thing. I can only imagine!

:oops: I remember a time when I asked Bryan if he couldn't fix something like that.
That wasn't to restrict anyone else but me :p

:oops: I remember a time when I asked Bryan if he couldn't fix something like that.
That wasn't to restrict anyone else but me :p

I know I asked him too. To restrict you I mean! :p

Actually I'm kidding, what I said was "I want 20 posts a day from Tirilej - no more and no less." and what do I get? 50 posts one day and then nothing for a week. :mad:

My last comment and its mainly for Max. I had not even saw johnny had made a post in forum yesterday then when you banned him several of his posts appeared. Then as soon as you lifted the ban again those posts all disappeared . How does that work as I always thought the posts would stay. Just curious:D

I know I asked him too. To restrict you I mean! :p

Actually I'm kidding, what I said was "I want 20 posts a day from Tirilej - no more and no less." and what do I get? 50 posts one day and then nothing for a week. :mad:

Make sure theres no restict on words or VWM will be pulling hairs out :p

Does Bryan need suggestions?

Not really, I just want to be left alone for the weekend. :D

I saw that Jonny opened a new account the other day - but this was placed in the moderated user group - I was curious to see what he was up to. Unfortunately this doesn't moderate PMs, my apologies for that.

His original account was suspended for 30 days to expire on Sept 12th, so for the time being I'll let the clock tick away on that one, and when those thirty days expire I'll place him in the non-gambling user group - with PM privileges to only his friends and admins and mods. If he can't handle this, then he will be shown the door permanently.

I haven't looked into the other accounts that may have been opened by him. I'll do that on Monday. I have other things to do today.

I saw that Jonny opened a new account the other day - but this was placed in the moderated user group - I was curious to see what he was up to. Unfortunately this doesn't moderate PMs, my apologies for that.

His original account was suspended for 30 days to expire on Sept 12th, so for the time being I'll let the clock tick away on that one, and when those thirty days expire I'll place him in the non-gambling user group - with PM privileges to only his friends and admins and mods. If he can't handle this, then he will be shown the door permanently.

I haven't looked into the other accounts that may have been opened by him. I'll do that on Monday. I have other things to do today.

:drink::drink:

My last comment and its mainly for Max. I had not even saw johnny had made a post in forum yesterday then when you banned him several of his posts appeared. Then as soon as you lifted the ban again those posts all disappeared . How does that work as I always thought the posts would stay. Just curious:D

Yeah, well, suffice it to say that Bryan and I have been trying to have a weekend AND keep things from going completely batshit here re the Johnny thing. That hasn't been without its problems.

There's been no attempt to be clever with Johnny's posts, just that having Bryan and I messing with things at the same time has resulted in some less than orderly goings-on with his account(s) and posts. As far as I can tell it went something like this:
  • (unknown to me) Bryan had seen Johnny's new account, the johnnygottheb0n one, and stuck him in the Moderated group. That means his posts queue up until a mod can approve them.
  • sometime later I log in, see the johnnygottheb0n account -- but NOT Bryan's note on how he wanted to proceed -- and I ban him. This is SOP for someone who has been banned and returns uninvited. As it happens it seems that ban made johnny's queued up posts disappear. (? guessing here)
  • I later read Bryan's note on the new Johnny account and reverse the ban per Bryan's wishes. This apparently brought all his Moderated posts back. I see them and approve them all so they finally pop up in the forums.
  • I'm guessing here (again) but I think Bryan then decided to revert back to the 30 day ban which made the posts disappear again? Not sure but I expect it was something of that nature.

The point is that with all the banned-unbanned-banned business Johnny's posts were coming and going as a side effect.

When Bryan is back on deck tomorrow I'm sure he'll get things sorted out. I'll be busy with PAB business so there will be less of the "step on each other's toes" ballet going on.

Thank you for explaining all that Max I just wondered how they all came then went again. No wonder you wanted a quiet weekend its been an eventful week with all the hot topics and now johnny as well. Hope you both manage to enjoy whats left of weekend:D

Last edited:

Is the 'non-gambling user group' the same as the 'quit gambling user group'?

I looked through the FAQ's and could not find that particular designation. If they are one and the same I would find that a little troubling. This users philosophy revolves around his 'p*oven sy#tem' that seems to suggest that problem gamblers can continue to gamble provided they wager higher stakes at fewer places.:eek:

To me, it seems like that might not be a good fit for a group of people who have expressed a desire and genuinely want to quit gambling.

I would think if he broke no rules of this site he should be allowed into the general population unless he expresses a desire to quit gambling.

Anyways, just my $0.02!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back