The Babadook

I've been waiting for this film for a few months as it seemed really interesting from a horror fans point of view. I did watch it yesterday and unfortunately I was quite disappointed. I did like the build up but then the movie just flattened out. In the end there was more family drama than horror going on and I expected to get good chills but was let down.

You can check out a short movie named Monster (made almost a decade ago) which is from the same director/writer Jennifer Kent. Spoiler Alert: the short film is basically the same movie as The Babadook - just packed into about 10 minutes. She uploaded it herself:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I've been waiting for this film for a few months as it seemed really interesting from a horror fans point of view. I did watch it yesterday and unfortunately I was quite disappointed. I did like the build up but then the movie just flattened out. In the end there was more family drama than horror going on and I expected to get good chills but was let down.

You can check out a short movie named Monster (made almost a decade ago) which is from the same director/writer Jennifer Kent. Spoiler Alert: the short film is basically the same movie as The Babadook - just packed into about 10 minutes. She uploaded it herself:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I know what you mean, I accepted halfway through that it's not going to be The Conjuring. It was a lot about how it made me feel.
I will give it a few weeks, and then I'm back for a re-watch, just to look for things I might have missed.

My wife and I have made a tradition of going to the cinema to watch horror movies. Went through a great run with Insidious, Sinister and The Conjuring but were left very disappointed by Oculus and The Quiet Ones. Got quite excited about The Babadook and Anabelle but I've heard average reviews about both.

The wife really wasn't keen on The Babadook mind because, as miiisooo explained, it looks like it is quite tough viewing for a parent. I'm still keen to give it a go and judge it for myself. Provided it isn't My Bloody Valentine or the Friday the 13th re-make then I'm quite sure I could tolerate it. Excited about the imminent release of Sinister 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back