Hey everybody. Great news for the Swedish players coming up 1st of January next year.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
- The gambling market is divided into the following parts:
- one part covering online gambling and betting
- one part covering gambling that has a public benefit, such as lotteries and land-based bingo,
- one part that is controlled by the Swedish state, such as land-based casinos and token machines.
- A gambling operator that has been granted a licence must protect players from excessive gambling, duty of care. This should include monitoring behaviours and, as necessary, helping players to limit their gambling.
- A bonus may only be offered by a licence holder on the first gambling occasion.
- Via the gambling authority, a player shall be able to exclude himself or herself from gambling with all licence holders in Sweden.
- The Swedish Gambling Authority shall be able to request the blocking of payments and determine that an online operator must display a warning message on websites that are not licensed in Sweden.
- A new criminal offense, cheating at gambling, is being introduced to deter match fixing.
- Betting will be forbidden on events featuring young people under the age of 18.
- Marketing of gambling must be moderate and not be specifically targeted at people under the age of 18 or individuals who have excluded themselves from gambling.
- Licensed operators shall pay a tax of 18% of the profit they make on gambling in Sweden. Gambling that has a public benefit shall remain free of tax.