Swede.......Curious Cat Wonders....

suzecat

Dormant account
Hi Swede, now that you have lived in the States for a bit, this curious cat wonders (and of course you can tell me to stuff it :D)

Is the US what you expected?

How do you like New Mexico? (gotta be waaayyy different than where you lived before)

What has surprised you most about the USA?

Are Americans about what you had heard or been told?

How has your diet changed, if any?

If you could change anything about the US, what would that change be?

Hope you are cool with this:D

Good morning curious cat. Heck no, I don't mind you asking at all and here's what's up:

* Is the US what you expected?

To be honest, I've been here quite a few times before. But that was on business and/or to gamble, I've never taken the time to see the rural areas or landscapes and I must say, New Mexico is something special. I guess an aereal photo would show little but cactuses, tumbleweeds and an occasional small sized city scattered here and there but I do like it. It reminds me of Sweden, which is also mostly flat, but with different vegetation of course.

* How do you like New Mexico? (gotta be waaayyy different than where you lived before)

I absolutely love it here! Although I got stiffed on a real summer with it being rainy and around 80-85 here(as opposed to 100+ as it should be, I'm told). I thrive in the sun and have no problems when the thermometer hits three figures. In fact, I love it when the sun shines right in my kisser every waking hour. Must sound strange coming from someone from a place where there's nuclear winter about half the year but it's a fact.

* What has surprised you most about the USA?

Absolutely the judicial system. I won't elaborate to avoid stepping on any toes. For now, let's just say it's different from what I'm used to.

* Are Americans about what you had heard or been told?

Pretty much. Americans have, somewhat undeservedly, a bum rep in Europe but I have found that my likes here are just as friendly and well-manored as in the old country.

* How has your diet changed, if any?

It has changed in major ways. Take potatoes, for example(insert Irish joke here). It was a major staple food for me in any shape or form but now I only consume it deep-fried. I've also found myself eating way too much junkfood, nobody's fault but my own. But I'm lucky, the missus can cook like nobody's business and I bet the two different gumbos she made the other day would be a feast to most people ;).

* If you could change anything about the US, what would that change be?

Ah, an easy one. Television. I've never seen so much crap running simultaneousy on so many channels. Add to that the constant commercial breaks, feels like a dozen an hour and it's enough for me to pick up a book instead. Boy, it doesn't take much to be a 'star' or have your own show here in the US.

There, I finally managed to piss someone off :D. Well, that's it for this time and I believe I've bored you all to tears.

Cheers,

Swede

Ah, an easy one. Television. I've never seen so much crap running simultaneousy on so many channels. Add to that the constant commercial breaks, feels like a dozen an hour and it's enough for me to pick up a book instead. Boy, it doesn't take much to be a 'star' or have your own show here in the US.

:thumbsup: Amen to that!

Good morning curious cat. Heck no, I don't mind you asking at all and here's what's up:

* Is the US what you expected?

To be honest, I've been here quite a few times before. But that was on business and/or to gamble, I've never taken the time to see the rural areas or landscapes and I must say, New Mexico is something special. I guess an aereal photo would show little but cactuses, tumbleweeds and an occasional small sized city scattered here and there but I do like it. It reminds me of Sweden, which is also mostly flat, but with different vegetation of course.

Now see, I had never thought that...........I always pictured Sweden as all mountains and snow.

* How do you like New Mexico? (gotta be waaayyy different than where you lived before)

I absolutely love it here! Although I got stiffed on a real summer with it being rainy and around 80-85 here(as opposed to 100+ as it should be, I'm told). I thrive in the sun and have no problems when the thermometer hits three figures. In fact, I love it when the sun shines right in my kisser every waking hour. Must sound strange coming from someone from a place where there's nuclear winter about half the year but it's a fact.

The weather gods tend to give newcomers a break their first summer............don't worry, they'll be back to normal in short order. :D

* What has surprised you most about the USA?

Absolutely the judicial system. I won't elaborate to avoid stepping on any toes. For now, let's just say it's different from what I'm used to.

We have a judicial system????:confused::confused: :D

* Are Americans about what you had heard or been told?

Pretty much. Americans have, somewhat undeservedly, a bum rep in Europe but I have found that my likes here are just as friendly and well-manored as in the old country.

My mother was vacationing in Europe when the 9/11 tragedy happened. She was very surprised at the treatment she received by the locals. In short, they told her to go back home and don't come back. I have wondered why we are hated so much by the rest of the world.

* How has your diet changed, if any?

It has changed in major ways. Take potatoes, for example(insert Irish joke here). It was a major staple food for me in any shape or form but now I only consume it deep-fried. I've also found myself eating way too much junkfood, nobody's fault but my own. But I'm lucky, the missus can cook like nobody's business and I bet the two different gumbos she made the other day would be a feast to most people ;).

:thumbsup: to Cynthial...........

Boy howdy! It pains me to watch the tube for "regular" programming. Once my favorite soap is over for the day, I channel surf to A&E or TruTV.

There, I finally managed to piss someone off :D. Well, that's it for this time and I believe I've bored you all to tears.

Cheers,

Swede

LOL, not boring at all! Thank you so much for your reply. I managed to LEARN something today:D

I thought it would be fun to see how he feels about things now. One full year to the day since he arrived in the States. :) 4/21/08

Thanks to Suze for the use of her questions. :) Feel free to add more to the list.

1) Is the US what you expected?

2) How do you like New Mexico?

3) What has surprised you the most about the USA?

4) Are Americans about what you had heard or been told?

5) How has your diet changed, if any?

6) If you could change anything about the US, what would that change be?

7) What is your favorite enchilada?

8) Chile? If so, Red, Green or Christmas Tree?

9) Most memorable time for you so far?

10) How is that gorgeous wife of yours? :p

I thought it would be fun to see how he feels about things now. One full year to the day since he arrived in the States. :) 4/21/08

Thanks to Suze for the use of her questions. :) Feel free to add more to the list.

1) Is the US what you expected?

2) How do you like New Mexico?

3) What has surprised you the most about the USA?

4) Are Americans about what you had heard or been told?

5) How has your diet changed, if any?

6) If you could change anything about the US, what would that change be?

7) What is your favorite enchilada?

8) Chile? If so, Red, Green or Christmas Tree?

9) Most memorable time for you so far?

10) How is that gorgeous wife of yours? :p

Ohhhh ...... that's a great idea! Now untie the man so he can answer the questions ................ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back