Stunning gains for Obama in Tuesday's Gallup Poll

GamTrak

Banned User - flamming - too anoyaing
PABaccred
In just three days, Barack Obama has opened up a big lead over John McCain among likely voters in the Nov. 4 presidential election. The margin was 51-44 percent in Tuesday's Gallup Poll, up from 49-47 percent on Saturday.

Up until now, McCain's supporters had been holding out hope that their candidate would continue to fare well with likely voters.

Generally, these are the older people who always go to the polls and vote, a turnout that might help McCain.

And these likely voters include proportionately more middle- to upper-income voters, again a statistic that could favor McCain.

But that's not happening right now.

The news is even worse for McCain in Gallup's widely watched poll that measures how all voters (not just likely ones) feel about the upcoming election.

That traditional poll of all voters has showed showing Obama with a lead usually about 10 percentage points for most of October.

Indeed, on Tuesday, Obama's margin over McCain in the traditional poll was 52-41 percent, the same as Monday.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

:rolleyes:

Polls don't mean anything if people don't get out there and vote.

Why the (multiple) daily updates? How about bringing up issues instead of who's badmouthing who, or the latest polls?

It's not like there's going to be a major swing from one day to the next.

Be careful what you wish for! You may get it! That's if you're a tax-paying contributer to society. You think this man is only going to increase the taxes of the wealthy? (250k..and up?) That is bullshit and a lie that will be sorely exposed after it's too late. Even so...the people that provide jobs in this country are the wealthy. The ones he wants to punish. How do you think that'll work out when Obama taxes the shit out of them? Will they be putting "Help Wanted" ads out looking for more employees? Shit no! They'll be laying people off so that they can pay their tax bills.

I hope the government is stepping up cheese production, cuz I see nothing but a bunch a welfare mongers waiting in line for a hand-out if Obongo gets elected.

This country had its chance and blew it anyway with all it's political correctness and global warming bullshit. And to top it off we wont even drill for the oil that sits right under our asses. We deserve to be bitch-slapped by China and whomever teams up with her. I really don't care. I've given up on polititions.

Be careful what you wish for! You may get it! That's if you're a tax-paying contributer to society. You think this man is only going to increase the taxes of the wealthy? (250k..and up?) That is bullshit and a lie that will be sorely exposed after it's too late. Even so...the people that provide jobs in this country are the wealthy. The ones he wants to punish. How do you think that'll work out when Obama taxes the shit out of them? Will they be putting "Help Wanted" ads out looking for more employees? Shit no! They'll be laying people off so that they can pay their tax bills.

I hope the government is stepping up cheese production, cuz I see nothing but a bunch a welfare mongers waiting in line for a hand-out if Obongo gets elected.

This country had its chance and blew it anyway with all it's political correctness and global warming bullshit. And to top it off we wont even drill for the oil that sits right under our asses. We deserve to be bitch-slapped by China and whomever teams up with her. I really don't care. I've given up on polititions.
DRILL BABY DRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRILL BABY DRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. we dont need to drill. there are plenty of other options. the oil companies simply will not allow it. 300 million people in this country. that's what about 1/20th the worlds population? we use 1/3 the worlds oil. fat, lazy, gluttons that we are...:)

Apologies for going briefly off at a tangent, but consider this:

If world governments had had the foresight to invest in alternative energy research even a small percentage of the billions (trillions?) they're currently throwing at the financial smartasses that got us into this economic crisis to start with, we may not be at the mercy of OPEC in the future...and could probably be doing the planet a favour at the same time.

Of course, that might not suit our own Big Oil folks!

I guess one could apply the same argument to improved health, education, economy stimulating tax breaks etc etc etc

Edited to add: And while we're on the subject of big spending, isn't it time to put a cap on the amount of money politicians spend on election campaigns - we're talking about hundreds of millions here, much of which is clearly meant to buy good relations with the candidates or their parties. When there is so much genuine need in the world (and in the US too) it sometimes seems surreal to watch so much cash being splurged to get top political posts.

lol. we dont need to drill. there are plenty of other options. the oil companies simply will not allow it. 300 million people in this country. that's what about 1/20th the worlds population? we use 1/3 the worlds oil. fat, lazy, gluttons that we are...:)
there are other options and we should explore all of them and drilling on our own soil is just one of those, why spend money for oil in the middle east or south america when its right here, all around us and below us, wind, solar, fuel ran off of corn biproducts, wouldnt that help the farmers who are struggling to keep the farms, we have the ability as a nation to take care of ourselves if some americans would get back the pride and open up to new ideas, this country has always lead by example and we're not doing the job, we, the politicians we elected, ect...........

there are other options and we should explore all of them and drilling on our own soil is just one of those, why spend money for oil in the middle east or south america when its right here, all around us and below us, wind, solar, fuel ran off of corn biproducts, wouldnt that help the farmers who are struggling to keep the farms, we have the ability as a nation to take care of ourselves if some americans would get back the pride and open up to new ideas, this country has always lead by example and we're not doing the job, we, the politicians we elected, ect...........

lj i coudnt agree more. the sad fact is we will never explore those options until oil companies are ready. oil money is king. oil companies run this country. when they(oil) decide to throw their hat into the ring then changes will be made but we will still be at their mercy. guys like t. boon pickens are not exploring alternate fuels because they care about the planet. they have billions invested. nothing happens without their blessing. if doc brown could really get a delorean to work on household garbage someone would put a bullet in his head. they have been throwing the public bones for years with alternate power and electric cars and such. we drove a car on the friggin moon for pete sakes. i'm damn sure we could have more efficient cars and fuels if they were permitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back