Strangest Gift Ever Given/Received?

silcnlayc

Just one more spin pleez!
PABaccred
PABnonaccred
I was sitting here at work and was reading the news about how our pig factory that makes all those great foods everyone likes to eat (ribs, bar-b-que, loins etc) and how they are going to make it mandatory for these places to use only american pigs...

Ok, this is NOT a joke...I sat here laughing my butt off because it brought back memories of what my parents asked me to bring them for christmas one year..yes, you guessed it, A PIG for a gift. Not a dead one, a LIVE one.

My parents owned a farm in Hungary and they missed it terribly so I guess this was thier way of getting the feel of "home" back for them.

Well, my husband and I went out scouting for a nice fat one that year and thank goodness we had a pickup truck with a camper to put this mean fat devil in to drive 8 1/2 hours to my parents house with it squealing all the way....

My parents were the happiest people in the world that day we pulled in the driveway ...all the family came that year (there were 8 sisters and brothers with spouses and kids) and we had a fantastic pig party...we made sausages, porch chops, pork rinds, everything and anything and it was so delicious (we ate too while cooking and stuffing the sausage casings etc).

I will always remember this because it was one of the few times our family all got together in one place and it was wonderful...hopefully I will leave a few good memories to my kids too..that bring a smile to their faces every once in a while when my husband and I are gone.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back