Strange sound problem on some games

colinsunderland

RIP Colin
So, since this morning, on my Windows 10 PC, some games are running with no sound.

Theres no logical connection between them, for example, Book of Ra Deluxe is silent, Book of Ra 6 works fine. Some Netent games work, some are silent. Pink elephants works, Wild Heist silent.

Its only on Chrome. Only on Windows 10. My windows 7 PC works fine, as does my mobile. Chrome versions are the same, but win 7 is 32 bit and win 10 is 64 bit. Haven't touched any settings on any of them, and were all working find last night.

Defo not the PC/soundcard or anything as most the games work fine. Sound settings on each game are fine.

Totally confused by it, anyone had this before or any idea what it could be?

No sound issues here, been playing most of the same games mentioned on Chrome with Win 10 for what it's worth. Geordiecolin mentioned Netent sound problems as well somewhere.

The only sound issues I've had are on Bonanza, with the dual clipped guitar jangling. It was hell :(

Have you been playing on my computer by any chance? What you typed is literally what happened to me earlier today and has been bugging me since. Once I opened those games on edge the sound worked just fine, but I don't want to use edge.

This issue is happening also on my laptop which has specs nothing to the like of my gaming computer so I don't think it's a hardware conflict with Chrome. But.. I haven't updated my windows nor Chrome in a while either so that can't be the culprit.. So wtf is the problem then?

Yeah same here - work fine on all other browsers, are you guys having the same problem running 32 or 64 bit chrome?

Are you both running version 66.0.3359.139
It's only been rolled out over the last few days and quite possibly is the problem. I might upgrade to a newer beta tomorrow and see if that helps at all.

No sound issues here, been playing most of the same games mentioned on Chrome with Win 10 for what it's worth. Geordiecolin mentioned Netent sound problems as well somewhere.

The only sound issues I've had are on Bonanza, with the dual clipped guitar jangling. It was hell :(

Could I ask what version of Chrome you are using please? If its the same as mine then narrows it down to a hardware conflict - most likely.

I still have issues with sound on most games at all of the sites I have visited save for the huge raspberry sound I get when my balance has ran out :(

So, since this morning, on my Windows 10 PC, some games are running with no sound.

Theres no logical connection between them, for example, Book of Ra Deluxe is silent, Book of Ra 6 works fine. Some Netent games work, some are silent. Pink elephants works, Wild Heist silent.

Its only on Chrome. Only on Windows 10. My windows 7 PC works fine, as does my mobile. Chrome versions are the same, but win 7 is 32 bit and win 10 is 64 bit. Haven't touched any settings on any of them, and were all working find last night.

Defo not the PC/soundcard or anything as most the games work fine. Sound settings on each game are fine.

Totally confused by it, anyone had this before or any idea what it could be?

Try this (was posted by a CM member in a different thread), it fixed my sound problems on Chrome:

- Go to Chrome
- Enter this to the address bar, press enter: chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
- Select on the first topic: No user gesture
- Restart Chrome.

I always get sound problems on mobile , mainly Novo but also BGT and others , which makes me think there must be a common link somewhere.

iPhone with latest OS , a game will run with sound for a few spins , then sound will just stop for no apparent reason.

Try this (was posted by a CM member in a different thread), it fixed my sound problems on Chrome:

- Go to Chrome
- Enter this to the address bar, press enter: chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
- Select on the first topic: No user gesture
- Restart Chrome.

Thank you very much. It works :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back