Steve Van Zandt (Sopranos) joins the FBI's witness protection program

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin

And he is relocated to Lillehammer, Norway :lolup:

(Lillehammer was the location for the 1994 Winter Olympics)

"Lilyhammer" is an American television series starring Steve Van Zandt (The Sopranos). The first season, which will premier February 6, 2012 on Netflix in the North America, will consists of eight episodes.[1] Lilyhammer will be Netflix's first Original Series.

Wikipedia:

Frank "The Fixer" Tagliano Steven Van Zandt, is a former member of the New York mob. After testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway through the FBI's witness protection program. Frank Tagliano was intrigued by Lillehammer when he saw television images of the Winter Olympics in 1994, and therefore chooses to start his new life there. The transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York, to become an unemployed immigrant in Norway, is not simple. Frank discovers that to get up and in the Norwegian rural society, he must resort to the old, ruthless methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks cool - I was a big fan of the sopranos (hugely disappointed by boring... er I mean boardwalk empire though). Netflix has just come to the UK, wonder when we'll get the show!

That looks cool - I was a big fan of the sopranos (hugely disappointed by boring... er I mean boardwalk empire though). Netflix has just come to the UK, wonder when we'll get the show!

Yes, It looks quite cool :cool:

The first season is made by a Norwegian production company and Netflix has already said that they want to be part of the production for the second season. Many of the Norwegian actors in the series are well known (at least here in Norway) so it should be funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back