SPAM vs TREET Poll

Which One Do You Prefer, SPAM or TREET ?

• I Like SPAM Best

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I Prefer TREET

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I Don't Like Neither One

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobWin

closed account
My preference is Treet ....:D Love to fry it up...little mayo, tomatoes, mustard & lettuce on lightly toasted bread and a Budweiser to chase it down....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Same here, Laurie. ;)

However, I have to say that when I was a little tyke my Granny could dice up some Spam, onion, peppers and scramble it up with a skillet full of eggs ... yum yum! ... but I think it was the homemade pear preserves, biscuits (with real butter on 'em) along with fresh milk that made it good. :)

Same here, Laurie. ;)

However, I have to say that when I was a little tyke my Granny could dice up some Spam, onion, peppers and scramble it up with a skillet full of eggs ... yum yum! ... but I think it was the homemade pear preserves, biscuits (with real butter on 'em) along with fresh milk that made it good. :)
yum!! mousey that does sound good, grannys always have that touch in the kitchen, mine used to also and i miss it to this day...............laurie

Shame:oops: I like Spam about once a year, maybe two years... I'll admit it. Strange craving I guess. Pickles, cheese, soda crackers, pepsi. Moussey's gramma's breakfast sounds much better:)

Same here, Laurie. ;)

Grannies always know best huh Mousey....that sounded Great...damn I miss my grannies (both of them) and their wonderful home cooking. I tried so hard before they each died to get my wife to pay attention to their home cooked recipes, well she was able to get a few of them right...especially their green bean recipes....so I will have to say that she is a purty good cook now....:thumbsup:

For me.......that is one of those things that I don't want but once in a blue moon.........but when I do........yum......yum!
Someone else mentioned it was good with eggs.......Agreed.

I can't vote RobWin because you left out one choice.

4). Can not compare products, I have only tried one of the two. :D
(I never saw Treet before now, it has the Armour name so should be good!).

But if it helps any, I have only had Spam. (I don't like it, but if you put mustard on it, between two slices of bread it can keep you from starving to death.. it also tastes ok when/if you get to that point! I am the same with tuna fish though!) :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Good Luck!

Last edited:
I can't vote RobWin because you left out one choice.

4). Can not compare products, I have only tried one of the two. :D
(I never saw Treet before now, it has the Armour name so should be good!).

But if it helps any, I have only had Spam. (I don't like it, but if you put mustard on it, between two slices of bread it can keep you from starving to death.. it also tastes ok when/if you get to that point! I am the same with tuna fish though!) :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Good Luck!

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Thanks mysticjoz, go ahead and cast your vote for Spam then...you're right though, I should have included that option ...:thumbsup:

Oh yeah! I've been to the spam museum online, and if I'm ever in Austin, by golly I'll go sniff it out in person. I'm guessing there's an email server in the basement that is responsible for ALL OF IT.

What is your preference for Treet? Texture? Sizzle? Flavor? Custom? The more I think of it, I can't recreate the Treet experience on my palate... but recall opening a can.

Oh yeah! I've been to the spam museum online, and if I'm ever in Austin, by golly I'll go sniff it out in person. I'm guessing there's an email server in the basement that is responsible for ALL OF IT.

What is your preference for Treet? Texture? Sizzle? Flavor? Custom? The more I think of it, I can't recreate the Treet experience on my palate... but recall opening a can.

Well I described the sandwich in my first post but how I like to make it is like this,,,,

I slice about four slices of the TREET at about 1/4" thickness

Get out my favorite Iron Skillet (this is important, the iron skillet gives it a different flavor and texture than a normal stainless or other frying pan)

Preheat Iron Skillet and place slices of TREET in the pan to seer the meat on both sides then toss the meat quickly around, lighty burn....that's my favorite

It is definitely so much better when you fry it up like that...try it Lo and let me know man...:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back