SOF Issue

goatwack

Get dunked, big buns!
Clearly all these forms of gambling are linked and equally destructive, just that regulatory bodies put some on a higher pedestal than others

It's easy to dismiss scratchcards, the National Lottery as harmless fun, but it can turn the most ardent non-gamblers into addicted gamblers quite easily. If anything, it just serves to desensitize youngsters to gambling, and is often overlooked

Robert Rabbit

Newbie member
Totally agree with the Goatman, I buy a £5 scratchcard when I get my shopping, sometimes I win, but normally my money back, most times I lose. If I do that 10 or 20 times a month I have lost a £100, over a year that's £1200 theoretically, but because it is government supported no one cares. If I go in and ask for 40 scratchcards no one will ask a question about whether I can afford it.

It's still gambling, and it's in every supermarket, newsagent with in your face advertising to all and sundry. There is also no method of blocking yourself from buying scratchcards if you have a problem. It's only recently that they stopped selling £10 scratchers.

asidea

®Laugh a little each day!.
PABnonaccred
What about that £10 national lottery win that went into your bank account - that looks suspiciously like money laundering to me - we will require a signed affadavit from Camelot confirming that it is income (although it could also provide evidence of out of control gambling :)
I had £3 cashback from the National Lottery, due to Covid19 etc.Does that constitute as money laundering???:laugh:
I have to agree with some of the players here, in regard to SOW..the Sod 'O' word is a definite reply.

Robert Rabbit

Newbie member
Looks like that won't be an issue any more now that they are looking to raise the scratchcard age limit to 18. Interestingly though if you live in a sea side town there is nothing to stop you going in and blowing £30 of your pocket money on slot machines in there. Time to restrict those as well as they are merely inducing school children to gamble.

I am not anti gambling, I am anti-children gambling in any shape or manner.

danofthewibble

Looks like that won't be an issue any more now that they are looking to raise the scratchcard age limit to 18. Interestingly though if you live in a sea side town there is nothing to stop you going in and blowing £30 of your pocket money on slot machines in there. Time to restrict those as well as they are merely inducing school children to gamble.

It's meant to be 18 for slots in amusement arcades, isn't it?

Robert Rabbit

Newbie member
It's meant to be 18 for slots in amusement arcades, isn't it?
It's only 18 plus for those slot machines which are considered adult as I understand it. Those with a lower jackpot are not restricted to over 18's - so you can get the youngsters off on their gambling careers at an early age. I liken this to me chatting up a 14 year old girl in the hopes that in 4 years time I can get a bit more out of her.

dealer wins

Meister Member

From about age 11 onwards the best thing in my life was going into a seaside arcade for a couple of magical hours with my dad or grandad.. It literally was better than anything else in the world back then.

And it helped my because at 18 I started emptying the machines (legally lol) and it bought me my house at age 27.