Soda free!

Breelimbo

Dormant account
Hey there folks.

I know this may not be as big and surprising or important. But I have gone 2 weeks free of soda. LOL well I got UTI and I was advised to stay away from junk foods for a while. Since I'm quite a coke addict, well it was hard.

But kinda good. I see the decrease of double chin action. XD

I really notice how soda makes me feel worse the older I get. When I was in my early 20's soda had zero effects on me. 14 years later I dont even drink it, it kind of makes me feel crappy when I do. Same with junk food. If I eat too many chips later at night, I feel like crap in the morning.

Is club soda considered as actual soda? Probably not. But my grandparents were addicted to that stuff. I tried it and I can say it tasted pretty gross. Wonder if its bad for people too.

I haven't had a soda in years, never liked any of them. Really funny, since i supply machinery which produces the cans and SOT ends, meaning i got the drinks around me all day, every day :D

Grew up on a farm with own water well, never found any better drink ever since leaving that farm behind me. :)

Nor do i do junk food from the "golden arches" or similar. Same as above, own grown food is just so much tastier :thumbsup:

Hence, my weight stayed the same for the past 25 years - 1.90m tall, 83-85kg .... don't know what that is in pounds or stones, sorry :p

I haven't had a soda in years, never liked any of them. Really funny, since i supply machinery which produces the cans and SOT ends, meaning i got the drinks around me all day, every day :D

Grew up on a farm with own water well, never found any better drink ever since leaving that farm behind me. :)

Nor do i do junk food from the "golden arches" or similar. Same as above, own grown food is just so much tastier :thumbsup:

Hence, my weight stayed the same for the past 25 years - 1.90m tall, 83-85kg .... don't know what that is in pounds or stones, sorry :p

I lived in the country for many years growing up and we had a spring fed well. Most amazing water ever. So cold and crisp.

I lived in the country for many years growing up and we had a spring fed well. Most amazing water ever. So cold and crisp.

Amazingly cold and crisp for a well that was only about 15m deep :thumbsup:

There is just no drink whatsoever on this planet that, for me, tasted any better.

Our well was hand operated with a bucket and a hand crank :D

In Australia we call them fizzy drinks, is that what soda is? lol

Full of sugar, very bad, only have it on very rare occasion :)

Yep... US is calling them "sodas"

- a few stats to a can of coke - 333cl

- cost for the can = 3-4 cents (USD)
- cost for the SOT end = 5-7 cents
- cost for the coke = 0.01 cent

Wow, that's sounds funny and cute, let's have a pop :D

I will be asking my friends for a glass of pop and they will be like :confused: :what:

love it :)

I never stopped to think that other countries use different terms. Would be so funny for me to come visit yours and be like hey can I have some pop. They would be like um what. :D

I only drink Pepsi Max, unless im in a pub drinking JD & Coke.

I only buy Pepsi Max when its on offer at Morrisons (UK Supermarket) for a quid for a 2 litre bottle, And ill buy about 20 bottles at once to stock up, thank god for online shopping lol.

I remember going into a shop in Florida to get a can of Pepsi.....it was something like a dollar or something (about 1992!)

I was thinking 'excellent! I have just about enough in my pocket!'

Then out came the calculator at the counter

it was only the bloody tax!

I think he let me off in the end, phew :cool:

I really notice how soda makes me feel worse the older I get. When I was in my early 20's soda had zero effects on me. 14 years later I dont even drink it, it kind of makes me feel crappy when I do. Same with junk food. If I eat too many chips later at night, I feel like crap in the morning.

Mid 20's and whenever I drink soda these days, I feel so sluggish. And whenever I drink it, I'd get even thirstier with all the sugar. Might as well just drink cold water. And I've eaten junk foods before for dessert LOL now I buy pineapple tidbits. XD

I tried water well before when we visited a friend's farm and that was the best tasting water I ever had. It's quite impossible though to have a best tasting water but that's what I feel. XD

I tried water well before when we visited a friend's farm and that was the best tasting water I ever had. It's quite impossible though to have a best tasting water but that's what I feel. XD

We have to remember that the water we drink, be it from the tab or from a bottle is mostly chemically treated, hence it will never have the taste of water taken directly from a well.

Even bottled sparkling mineral waters are rarely 100% natural as it would mean that the CO2 has to be extracted directly from the same source and added straight into the bottle. Perrier in France is one of the very few natural sparkling mineral waters where that is done.

Any others are "treating" the water and add CO2 before it is bottled.

Non-sparkling mineral waters are just as rarely 100% natural as some treatment is always allowed and still call it natural. :rolleyes:

I had to laugh when Coca-Cola was trying to jump on the "water train" and named their water to sound really healthy and from a different world; "Dasani" IIRC. It was and still is pure bottled tap water, nothing else, treated chemically to make it clean. :mad:

I can tell you one other fact. I never ever saw my mum descaling any of our kitchen equipment on the farm, never. It just wasn't needed.

Last edited:
Come on now Harry you don,t want too be one of the 100million sold at the golden arches? I agree that the burger,s from them do have a great deal to be making me sick in them>? No doubt one may be the sometime,s mystery meat that appear,s? Always good to see your unique sense of humor Harry. Soda,a are great when your a kid but after 50 or 60 it,s a mean,s to your inside,s end.How many remember the test in lab way back at H -school when the teach put a piece of steak in the glass with some coke and the next day it was GONE! :what: Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff​

Attachments

1.2 KB · Views: 36
Come on now Harry you don,t want too be one of the 100million sold at the golden arches? I agree that the burger,s from them do have a great deal to be making me sick in them>? No doubt one may be the sometime,s mystery meat that appear,s? Always good to see your unique sense of humor Harry. Soda,a are great when your a kid but after 50 or 60 it,s a mean,s to your inside,s end.How many remember the test in lab way back at H -school when the teach put a piece of steak in the glass with some coke and the next day it was GONE! :what: Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff​

For many years, can't really remember how many, i have seen the "golden arches" only from the outside. :D

However, their humongous signs are great direction pointers. :rolleyes: I have 3 here in Thailand, 1 in Malaysia and 1 in Vietnam on the side of highways to my customers and once i pass them i know that i have to take the next exit :D :D

We have to remember that the water we drink, be it from the tab or from a bottle is mostly chemically treated, hence it will never have the taste of water taken directly from a well.

Even bottled sparkling mineral waters are rarely 100% natural as it would mean that the CO2 has to be extracted directly from the same source and added straight into the bottle. Perrier in France is one of the very few natural sparkling mineral waters where that is done.

Any others are "treating" the water and add CO2 before it is bottled.

Non-sparkling mineral waters are just as rarely 100% natural as some treatment is always allowed and still call it natural. :rolleyes:

I had to laugh when Coca-Cola was trying to jump on the "water train" and named their water to sound really healthy and from a different world; "Dasani" IIRC. It was and still is pure bottled tap water, nothing else, treated chemically to make it clean. :mad:

I can tell you one other fact. I never ever saw my mum descaling any of our kitchen equipment on the farm, never. It just wasn't needed.

Now that you mention it, there's this distinct taste of Mineral water to distilled and even purified water. I hate the metallic taste of mineral. Might as well go tap.

i also grew up at rural area up to 8 yo, water well was used for drink and water from rain used for bath, animals and washing around. excepting that had a soil taste and if was let for hours in a glass i could have planted a snowdrop in the dirt(lol at the english word for ghiocel:lolup:), was truly among the most fresh and thirsty satisfying water i ever drank but the very best was from Sapte Bolovani natural spring - so pure and tasteful that i would drown in it!

i also grew up at rural area up to 8 yo, water well was used for drink and water from rain used for bath, animals and washing around. excepting that had a soil taste and if was let for hours in a glass i could have planted a snowdrop in the dirt(lol at the english word for ghiocel:lolup:), was truly among the most fresh and thirsty satisfying water i ever drank but the very best was from Sapte Bolovani natural spring - so pure and tasteful that i would drown in it!

Tu esti din Romania?? :D

Eu am fost nascut in Ardeal, un sas din Harman (jud. Brasov).

First time i wrote some words in Romanian for 20 odd years :)

The water directly from a well is just irreplaceable. :)

Tu esti din Romania?? :D

Eu am fost nascut in Ardeal, un sas din Harman (jud. Brasov).

First time i wrote some words in Romanian for 20 odd years :)

The water directly from a well is just irreplaceable. :)

da harry ti am citit povestea in topicul inceput de dunover despre imigranti. daca vrei vreodata sa te intorci in tara si n ai alt contact sau sa afli ceva de aici ma poti contacta oricand. dar ca sa nu ne rupa bryan pe genunchi ori sa joace calusarii pe capul nostru mai bine ramane sa vb in engleza pe public :)

da harry ti am citit povestea in topicul inceput de dunover despre imigranti. daca vrei vreodata sa te intorci in tara si n ai alt contact sau sa afli ceva de aici ma poti contacta oricand. dar ca sa nu ne rupa bryan pe genunchi ori sa joace calusarii pe capul nostru mai bine ramane sa vb in engleza pe public :)

Sigur, sint cam paranoid cind vorbim intro limba diferita the engleza :)

Mai avem casa familiala in Harman, dar na-m mai fost din 2008 cind matusa au avut nunta de aur si am strins inco data toata familia.

We will talk in English from now onwards :D

after such a long tie you are writing pretty well. if you ever plan to visit the aunt drop me a message with weeks prior maybe we;ll drink a beer into capital, i guarantee to fulfill your time with dirty jokes and hurt your cheeks from laughing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back