Your Input Please So where are the St. Georges Promotions?

That leaves the way open to a whole lot of insulting, and it would be discrimination if you left anyone out!!

But I have to say I cant understand why the English dont make a fuss on their national day. Over here we have recently got over our baggage from the past, and Paddy's day is celebrated with as much gusto as it is in New York, Washington, Beijing and all the adopted Irish cities around the world. And you are right to say the Irish marketing department got a head start on everybody, and thats why most people want to celebrate their Irish heritage on the 17th March.

The copious amounts of alcohol consumed on Paddy's day is probably what makes it so popular. Being Irish myself I understand all about St. Patrick but as far as I can see that day is mostly about the drink. I lived in the USA for many years and on Paddy's day they seem to feel the need to eat corned beef as well:D Myself I kinda like the beer:thumbsup:

LOOL .. well, honestly, i am not a 100% German... although they still called us that.... the right name is Transylvanian Saxon...was born in very beautiful town of Brasov or Kronstadt in German language in Transylvania as part of a small minority of Germans, who been there for some 800 years and always part of either the German or Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Only after they lost the 1st World War was Transylvania given to Romania. Emigrated in 1984 to Germany as everybody was fleeing evil Ceaucescu but never really settled there. Hence, always had plans to live somewhere else and to do that you need to speak properly English. What better place to learn that other then in the British Midlands ;)

But yes, i fled Germany to join the British :D

if you are not a real german than who is ?

needless to say that most British are indeed germans .. cauz the Anglo Saxons was coming from Germany ... also English and Germany is part of the germanic language

If you know northern german dialect you can easily read as well Old English.

UK is great ... missing the Asda , Sainsbury Shopping days ... if i wanted german food i went to Lidl or Aldi muahahaha :)

i really miss all the Uk crap ... nice Virgin TV Box with netflix and youtube on it

nice food around christmas time, crumpets, Ham , Scotish Eggs and the list goes on

Apparently

St. George is also the patron saint of:-

Agricultural workers; Amersfoort, Netherlands; Aragon; archers; armourers; Bavaria, Germany; Beirut, Lebanon; Bulgaria; Bulgarian Army; butchers; Cappadocia; Catalonia; cavalry; chivalry; Constantinople; Corinthians (Brazilian football team); Crusaders; England; equestrians; Ethiopia; farmers; Ferrara; field workers; Freiburg, Germany; Genoa; Georgia; Gozo; Greece; Haldern, Germany; Heide; herpes; horsemen; horses; husbandmen; knights; lepers and leprosy; Lithuania; Lod; London; Malta; Modica, Sicily; Montenegro; Moscow; Order of the Garter; Palestine; Palestinian Christians; Piran; plague; Portugal; Portuguese Army; Portuguese Navy; Ptuj; Reggio Calabria; riders; Romani people; saddle makers; Serbia; Scouts; sheep; shepherds; skin diseases; Slovenia; soldiers; syphilis; Teutonic Knights.

St. George is also the patron saint of:-

Agricultural workers; Amersfoort, Netherlands; Aragon; archers; armourers; Bavaria, Germany; Beirut, Lebanon; Bulgaria; Bulgarian Army; butchers; Cappadocia; Catalonia; cavalry; chivalry; Constantinople; Corinthians (Brazilian football team); Crusaders; England; equestrians; Ethiopia; farmers; Ferrara; field workers; Freiburg, Germany; Genoa; Georgia; Gozo; Greece; Haldern, Germany; Heide; herpes; horsemen; horses; husbandmen; knights; lepers and leprosy; Lithuania; Lod; London; Malta; Modica, Sicily; Montenegro; Moscow; Order of the Garter; Palestine; Palestinian Christians; Piran; plague; Portugal; Portuguese Army; Portuguese Navy; Ptuj; Reggio Calabria; riders; Romani people; saddle makers; Serbia; Scouts; sheep; shepherds; skin diseases; Slovenia; soldiers; syphilis; Teutonic Knights.

Bloody hell, he was a busy bod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back