so when do you stop?

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
the other day I'm playing my favorite game roulette (insert you're own game here) and deposit 250.

I build this up to 500 and cash out 450, 200 winnings and 50 to play some more. Build the 50 upto 300 so if I cash out now a nice 500 profit, do I stop???????????? NO and in the blink of and eye am down to zero!

Man I'm smarting why why why did I not cash out :eek: and damn the old reverse button, so I take back the 450 . Okay lady luck is back with me and I build up to a nice 850 so a nice 600 win, so do I cash out now?

You'd think, but as the name says Let_It_Ride and go to bed with just my memories.

So the BIG question what would you have done :p
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
If you're planning to quit gambling for life - cash out & buy something nice!

If it's more likely you will just deposit again in the near future - you might as well leave it in the casino!
I'm sure they'll be happy to look after it for you... :rolleyes:
 

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
Let_It_Ride said:
So the BIG question what would you have done :p

1) The same as you ;)
2) Seriously, play a casino with no Reverse Withdrawal or one that has/will do 1 hour max. for you
3) Cashout regularly as you go along
4) Following a cashout, drop your bets or go do something else til the Reverse has flushed.
 

dominique

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 5, 2003
Location
The Boonies
Set a budget.
Set a time limit.
Set a win that is worthwhile.


The budget should be what you can afford to spend on entertainment.

The time limit should be what you can reasonably expect to get for what you pay.

For me, the worthwhile win is twice my deposit.

When you reach either of these preset limits, cashout.

That's how to quit as a winner. :thumbsup:
 

blackjackguide

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Location
USA
I think a great method is Cashing Out 80% of your winnings then play with the rest. If you win more great, if you loose, you are only out 20% instead of most players that end up with nothing.

The longer you play, the more the house gets back. The 20% method has worked great for me. Once you win more with the 20%, cash out 80% again, and keep doing this till you end up loosing the 20%, then quit for the day! As gamblers, we will probably play again tomorrow, but for the day, you did great.
 

dominique

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 5, 2003
Location
The Boonies
blackjackguide said:
I think a great method is Cashing Out 80% of your winnings then play with the rest. If you win more great, if you loose, you are only out 20% instead of most players that end up with nothing.

The longer you play, the more the house gets back. The 20% method has worked great for me. Once you win more with the 20%, cash out 80% again, and keep doing this till you end up loosing the 20%, then quit for the day! As gamblers, we will probably play again tomorrow, but for the day, you did great.

Yeah, thats a good one also.

But I find that a lot of players need more structure than that to stop chasing winnings/losses. Works for me though and I do it too. I guess it depends on what type gambler you are.

Which would make another interesting thread.
 

tennis_balls

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Location
Albuquerque, NM
my secret method for avoiding the reverse withdrawal

whenever i get a hot streak and manage to hit my target, I leave the house immediately and head to the 2 a.m. Club to celebrate. after a half dozen drinks, i head for the local police station and relieve myself on the front of their building whilst belting out a hit from the Bee Gees (sometimes Madonna if the mood strikes me)

they haul me in and 9 times out of 10, by the time I'm released, it's too late to log back in to click the reverse withdrawal button.
 

nafanny29

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Location
London, England
tennis_balls said:
whenever i get a hot streak and manage to hit my target, I leave the house immediately and head to the 2 a.m. Club to celebrate. after a half dozen drinks, i head for the local police station and relieve myself on the front of their building whilst belting out a hit from the Bee Gees (sometimes Madonna if the mood strikes me)

they haul me in and 9 times out of 10, by the time I'm released, it's too late to log back in to click the reverse withdrawal button.

Now that is drastic indeed, are us gamblers really reduced to these sort of antics to avoid our impulses. YES WE ARE :lolup: :lolup:
 
Top