So what was your favorite present?

just play

closed account
What was everyones favorite present this year?

My favorite was a toy ATM machine :D

I've been married over 8 years, so we don't buy each other expensive presents, we save that for the children. I saw this toy ATM in CVS and said that's what I want. It comes with an ATM card, it has withdrawal/deposit buttons on it. It's fun. :D

I don't receive a lot of gifts, and I don't give out many either. I got a great synthetic down pillow (allergies) from my daughter, which I desperately needed. It is soooo good.

A friend from pool and his wife regifted me a nice bottle of wine (she's a hairdresser and receives quite a few of them and they don't drink wine) as well as a most generous restaurant gift certificate that he scored free from his employer.

Turkey leftovers have already been dropped off for me (food is always good) and my housemate bought me a jar of garlic stuffed olives. It just isn't Christmas without a jar of olives.

All my gifts are my favourites, I'm easy to please. But a late arrival of some chocolate covered cherries would be welcome!:D

Well, I did purchase myself a pretty nice present a few weeks ago...new Lagostino stainless steel pots. I've been watching for this $600 set to go on sale for almost a year, and nabbed it for $229, 60% off. Gotta love Canadian Tire, best sale flyers around. Plus, Canadian Tire money!

:) i bought her this one ----->
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Expired Image

and i got what i like casual ware clothing ,and other goodies hi tech coffee makers , too much :D

oh ya i got a exc recliner chair black leather to visit you guys in ;) and some times fall a sleep in ;0

Last edited:
oooh ohhh oh ya i also got this back massaging thing it feels like two billiard balls goes up and down my spine swirling motion heat if wanted

feels best when its all done :D:D 110 volt plug in with control;s :lolup:

it's like torture

My favorite gift are these tapes that Swede found for me on Ebay. 17 tapes showing 30 Roasts including Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Danny Thomas, Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart and many more. I have of course watched one already. Can you guess which one I just had to see first? :)

The two things I liked best were a 1 TB external HD, and a new Alabama University --Rollllll Tide!! :D -- sweat shirt (my old one is ready to send off to the pet shelter as bedding LOL).

3 gift sets of White Shoulders, Red Door and White Diamonds from the kids, do you think they are trying to give me a hint:eek:

From Jim, some PJ's, Robe and House Slippers and a new Mr. Coffee with a timer:D and best of all , all my kids home for Christmas Morning this year, thats priceless:).............laurie

We've been married since dinosaurs roamed the Earth so this year we decided to get new chrome steps for our new truck (bought a pickup and it didn't come with them)..makes it a LOT easier to get in and out of:p

3 gift sets of White Shoulders, Red Door and White Diamonds from the kids, do you think they are trying to give me a hint:eek:

From Jim, some PJ's, Robe and House Slippers and a new Mr. Coffee with a timer:D and best of all , all my kids home for Christmas Morning this year, thats priceless:).............laurie

One of my daughters bought me Jadore.

f071524009_330x402.png%5B330x-1%5D.png

My favorite gift are these tapes that Swede found for me on Ebay. 17 tapes showing 30 Roasts including Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Danny Thomas, Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart and many more. I have of course watched one already. Can you guess which one I just had to see first? :)

What a great gift for someone with such a strong sense of humour - well done Swede!

These roasts are some of my fave comedy moments - I have some vid clips stored on my external h/d and I often re-visit them just for a really good laugh - works every time!

Can anyone remember the name of the bearded comedian who does the drunk burping act - his airline pilot skit is priceless.

My fave gift this year was from my wife - a beach chair that folds up really small and is incredibly light - no more sand in my ass at the beach! And a bottle of really good red wine from one of my sons that I can drink watching the sunset - on the beach - on my portable chair!:D

Edited to add: I'm with LaurieJim in her comment at post 11 that the best gift for any Christmas is the family - some of whom have had to make a big effort travel-wise - all together again. That's the absolute best!

My best gift this year.
A trip to Fla. All paid by my Mother & Father in-law
Two days at Disney & air fare for the four of us.and other gifts from them.
Some of us do have great in-laws

Well this is the first year my little boy can really enjoy his presents and see the look on his face.

katherine and i got him this sesame street drum set and he loves it- has had the biggest smile on his face and for a good half an hour he was bagging away- and we all know a 17 months old attention spand is no more than a minute usually but he loved these.

We also got him a heap of others things which he really loves- funny enough he loves his new wiggles PJ's more than some of the presents.

Ok. Now I'm jealous. :eek2:

Since I live alone and my family is out of state and decided not to give gifts this year due to finances, I treated myself to a new pair of jeans, a new shirt and new socks. :rolleyes:

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back