So, this was my Christmas & New Year

brianmon

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webby
mm4
81551083_10159384694442995_4000020093508517888_o.jpg

Just on the off-chance anyone missed me, lol

on 23rd dec at around 4 am. I had to call for an ambulance. Because of sudden severe abdominal pains, which were getting worse and worse.
This is the last thing I remember for a week.
Apparently when I arrived at hospital. The staff correctly diagnosed a leaking colon, where stepsis had taken hold.
Which basically meant I was filling up with my own sewerage.
So after slicing me open, cleaning me out with litres and litres of sterile water.
I was sewn back up and made comfortable. While they saw if I’d emerge from the other side.
After 5 days, I’d fought my way through and after another couple of days, had reconnected with reality (for want of a better phrase)
Then I was released from intensive care, into a private room.
Where I’ve continued with dialysis, top up blood transfusions. Physiotherapy, since I can’t walk much further than a couple of steps unaided.
And still being pumped with gallons of antibiotics and god knows what else
It just goes to show, you just never know when your time is up
Mine was so close to being so
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

DO NOT WORRY, I'm not asking for donations or anything like that.

In fact it probably wouldn't even be worth asking any of the reps for any of the fantastic offers i missed over the holiday period, lol

It's just a warning to maybe ease up and relax a little, while chasing those 10,000x hits.
Who knows, you may just get one, but it may also be the last thing you do,

xx

btw, up until this point, i had no scars or marks. everything in the photo is current

Oh Brian I hope you're on the mend fella but I guess it's going to take a while to recover from something as serious as this.

Thank goodness for the NHS, saved your life getting that diagnosis correct.

[Btw the facebook link isn't working for me, but I think it's because I'm not signed up there :oops:]

I know what you mean, we get into a bit of a bubble with slots and don't always realise the effect it can be taking slowly on our health.

I've been experiencing odd acid heartburn the last two weeks, and something tells me it's not indigestion.

Had you been experiencing any symptoms before the 23rd pains?

Edit: you don't have to go into graphic details, just wondering if you had been experiencing problems for a while or it's all come out of the blue overnight as it were?

Last edited:
Wow man, that's scary stuf! I have been dreading a scenario such as you described for the past 2-ish years now, taking into account i probably would need some serious luck to 'get back' if this happened...

Reading your post somehow filled me with both fear and hope. Hard to explain. I may P.m. you with some questions, if you do not mind..

That said, really glad you made it through this ordeal, and i hope you fully recover to whatever max-level of health you can now look out to. And yes, even though i'm famously absent these days, i would have missed you as valued member <3

I'll definitely will be praying for you, and that's quite a feat for an atheist :D
Loved your little jab at the 'fantastic' offers - humor is after all the key to the best medicine - and applaud the wise words at the end!

Kind regards!

This brings back memories of 2005 when I lost a friend to exactly the same. We were on holiday in Romania and he complained about abdominal pain one morning. Less than 36 hours later he was gone.

They also made the correct diagnosis but wouldn't let him fly back to Germany on an ambulance plane (from the insurance) because there was no time. Unfortunately, he did not come out on the other side of the tunnel. He woke up after surgery and then within one day suffered two cardiac arrests failing to come around after the second. 35 years old and my best friend at the time.

So glad to read that you are on your way to recovery. All the best! :thumbsup:

oh, wow, I am so sorry to read about about your situation ;(
I wish you best health , lot of strenght and get well soon.

on the 15th December also went with the ambulance to the hospital half dead at 4AM . it was nothing as serious as yours, but damn, it makes you wonder things and put another perspective on them.

well this is rly bad thing that happen to you, I am rly sory that you are going trough this, but life is one big battle, I wish you all the best, I had back spine operation in 2017 that went rly bad, long story short worst thing that ever happen to me, only 2 months ago i recover thanks to second surgery in private clinic, all i can say to you be very strong, you have this big man, and next Christmas you will look at this at one more lesson and fight that you won in life, (also few wildlines in between :) ) I wish you all the best!!!

Crikey! Great it was stopped and sorted out fast, sorry for the ordeal you suffered there! Have a smooth recovery and like you said, it brings other things we stress about into perspective. I would be bold enough to suggest that you had your biggest win ever there, as that was nasty and you got through OK. WTG!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery - I was sliced from top to bottom last year but after 3 months of recuperation I was feeling a lot better. Take all the time that you need, listen to the professionals and eventually you will get back to normal.

Sorry to learn about what you have and are going through and I hope that your back to good health soon Brian.
Did you have any medical issues prior to you getting rushed in? Diverticulitis symptoms for instance or IBS?
It is very true that none of us knows what may be just around the corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back