Feedback Slow Database or just the site in general?

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but here in the past few days when I post something (or send a PM,) it just sits there and my browser (firefox) says "connecting to ....." After about 10-15 seconds, I'll click on "submit" again, and only then does it redirect the page in a timely fashion, which tells me that it's a duplicate post.

So in other words, it's submitting everything fine to the database, but it takes some time for it to redirect to the next page.....Not sure what's going on in the backend of things....maybe something to look into, or it's just a common annoyance?

Thanks!

edit: I've noticed this when replying to PM's/Threads, but I can't be for certain if it affects starting new threads.

FWIW:

Only posting in the forums seems to be affected. PM's are actually just fine. Is there a separate DB used for PM's, by chance? That would explain why PM's are sent faster than forum posts....(smaller DB)

or, maybe it's just network congestion lol...but this has happened many times over various times of the day/night for the past few days...

It might be Firefox. Try doing the same in another browser like Google Chrome. I have been having problems lately with FF getting all bloated, and have to refresh it to a default mode once every few days.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I happens for me too - I'm using Google Chrome.
This has been occurring on and off for the last couple of years.
It seems like ages - but it's probably less than 30 seconds most of the time.

I'll hit "submit reply" and time how long this one takes!
{Edit} It took: There you go - it was instant this time!
But yesterday several posts "hung" for quite a while.

KK

Its no 'Biggie' either really, only seems to affect me personally, say one in ten posts, the other 9 its instant :)

Yea, no biggie here, either :) Just wanted to provide some feedback on the site's performance......so if enough people are experiencing the same symptoms, it can be looked into for possible fixes :)

CM even makes my spins at 3D come to a snails pace. (until CM loads anyway)

Do you run Firefox? If so, you might want to play without that open, no matter what site you're playing on. The reason I ask is that Firefox is a HUGE memory hog, and takes up to 1gb of ram (at least on my laptop) at times, which in my case is 1/3 of my total memory :oops: When that happens, I have to close it and restart it, and things are back to "normal" for awhile, which is about half of the 1gb being used....

In my situation, it's a matter of having a poor graphics card as well as Firefox's issues, so I'm not sure which is worse.

If you don't know how to check how much memory Firefox (or any other application) is using, just ask and I can show you how...

UPDATE

Update:

It does seem as if this is server-related. I've narrowed it down, and it seems to happen when one replies to a thread. From my experiences, PM's, new threads, etc. are not affected.

I've just had the server trouble shot - no problem here. It could be you were experiencing a lag during back up - 3am CET. Maybe? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back