Slots Standard Deviation

gerilege

Meister Member
PABrogue
PABnorogue
I know that the variance is quite different for different slots.
Nevertheless, could anyone please provide estimated standard deviation numbers for a single spin for a low/medium/high variance 5reel video slot? If possible, please try to include an estimated feature winning in the result of a single spin.

I assume that the house edge is around 5% for most video slots. I could use these numbers for estimating the probability of a winning/loosing streak with flat betting for a few hundred rounds.

I know that the variance is quite different for different slots.
Nevertheless, could anyone please provide estimated standard deviation numbers for a single spin for a low/medium/high variance 5reel video slot? If possible, please try to include an estimated feature winning in the result of a single spin.

I assume that the house edge is around 5% for most video slots. I could use these numbers for estimating the probability of a winning/loosing streak with flat betting for a few hundred rounds.

I made a program to answer some of these questions.
You can download the program here:

Link Outdated / Removed

Try load the "Thunderstruck" slot which has payout 95.05%. The average win every feature for this slot
is 35.34*bet size.

The variance depends on the slot of course, but also on the number of lines played. So for comparison just find the variance playing 1 line on two different slot.

Zoozie

Last edited:
I made a program to answer some of these questions.
You can download the program here:

Link Outdated / Removed

Try load the "Thunderstruck" slot which has payout 95.05%. The average win every feature for this slot
is 35.34*bet size.

The variance depends on the slot of course, but also on the number of lines played. So for comparison just find the variance playing 1 line on two different slot.

Zoozie

Thanks a lot, I will write a longer reply later.
Great work in the referenced post.
The variance is much higher than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back