Skybet now offering payments back to debit cards in under 2 hours

Of course it's a good thing, and I believe that the Scandinavian countries were the first to put pressure on the banks to speed up debit card transfers, but I can imagine some mad crazy gamblers backing-and-forthing the same cash many times a day, which might piss some people off.

I remember a guy on the betfair forum who was backing 1.01 shots at £100 a pop and requesting a withdrawal of £1 every time he had a winner, i think his words were something like "it's so easy, it's like 'penny for the guy' for adults", until the inevitable happened, :) . But the point I'm trying to make is that betfair and his bank had to process each £1 withdrawal, and swallow the associated costs of each transaction.

Of course it's a good thing, and I believe that the Scandinavian countries were the first to put pressure on the banks to speed up debit card transfers, but I can imagine some mad crazy gamblers backing-and-forthing the same cash many times a day, which might piss some people off.

I remember a guy on the betfair forum who was backing 1.01 shots at £100 a pop and requesting a withdrawal of £1 every time he had a winner, i think his words were something like "it's so easy, it's like 'penny for the guy' for adults", until the inevitable happened, :) . But the point I'm trying to make is that betfair and his bank had to process each £1 withdrawal, and swallow the associated costs of each transaction.

Phew, I was about to reclassify myself as a crazy gambler; luckily you elaborated - I can sleep easy! :laugh: Now that's some crazy shit! :lolup: £1 withdrawals!?! :eek2:

People on the betfair forum are nuts.
Quick way to lose all your money, I used to lay 1.01 in running (as well as 1.04, 1.07, 1.10) and made quite a bit from it.

"People on the betfair forum are nuts."

Bit of a sweeping generalisation, there, Col, but this bloke was definitely a bit bonkers.

Soon learned his lesson though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back