Skybet holding my money nearly 6 years.

Afaslew1985

Banned User
Hi Guys,

I self excluded my Skybet account 2013 to 2014 and I was able to open it again after self exclusion As the self exclusion was only for 1 year but when I went to open it sky didn't follow any responsible gambling regulations they didn't ask if I was happy about my gambling levels and also didn't ask if I wanted a deposit limit.

The agent told me because the chat disconnected they did not follow on the procedure but I told them you gave me a 24 hour cooling off period in order to contact me which they didnt.

After I complained about this they suspended my account and I kept chat logs with the agent which showed that the agent said if we didn't go through the process we would suspend your account until we did confirm these. But my account was opened for more than a week and I lost some money and then I contacted them about the responsible gambling where they suspended my account.

When the self exclusion was over. I had to go onto chat to reopen the account during the process the chat disconnected. The agent did not contact me back instead after 1 day cooling off he opened the account without confirming to me.

As I took the claim to Agcc they now said I can't have an account or have my account reopened due to responsible gambling issues. But If they had these concern they should of closed my account when they didn't confirm the responsible gambling steps they promote on their website. I've spoken to other bookies and gamcare who said that I should of been put through this process but wasn't . I see they be fined recently.

I also had a balance after i self excluded. Everytime i contacted them about my balance either by phone or live chat i was either disconnected by the rep or kicked off chat over 30 times. They said we cant discuss this as final decision been made.

I told them i was a problem gambler but still they kept my balance. I know it small balance under £1. 00 but when my account was locked they should of returned it. I never gambled again but to make a problem gambler contacted them over 30 times to release my money is shocking.

I have sent letter before action as it nearly 6 years. They confirmed my balance i have to check emails. Is it clear case plus interest 8 percent. Holding for nearly 6 years also should i included the self exclusion failure in the claims pack.I could refer to the fine tgey received.

In principle they should of returned it when they closed my account permanently for responsible gambling. It the refusal to refund it so i don't have any money in the account

Thanks i needed a thread like this today can't stop laughing now.

So seriously you signed up here to complain about the fact you are owed a pound from six years ago.

Could not make it up.

But then again i suppose it is the principle. That £1 could have gave you 100 spins on a recent comp on here and won you £500 :laugh:

The point is i asked them to return it as i dont gambe i dont want them to keep it. I rather it went to charity. Its not actuall funny as i self excluded because i was a problem gambler and to not release the money is actually cruel as the person cant forget what happened.

If we all chip in £0.10p we could raise more than the said balance plus interest! :laugh: In all honestly mate I hope thishasn’t ruined your life and is chipping away at you their is more to life

Nor me! - Oh well go on then I have :p

Ahhh, (see you soon all (hopefully) if this goes pear shaped)

You know who has busted that €500 already, still desperate for a fix, registered a new account, diff username.....you get the idea :p
Haha!!!!!. That’s gold mate lol

Videoslots did something similar to me a couple of months back. I signed up, deposited £50, spent £2 and my account locked. I contacted them and they said I already had a self excluded account there. I tried and tried to get my balance back but they refused. I gave up in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back