Sharing Photo Of Gunshot Wounds Gets Hospital Staffers Fired

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
I am so so Happy they got this coming to them.
This makes us look bad & thank God they don't work with me.
That cellphone would of been put where the sun don't shine.
Thank You Hipaa!!!!!

Sharing Photo Of Gunshot Wounds Gets Hospital Staffers Fired
NEW HAVEN
A clinician at the Hospital of St. Raphael took a cellphone photo of 17-year-old gunshot victim's wounds in the emergency room on June 25, and the photo was shared with several other people, a hospital spokeswoman said Friday.

As a result, three workers were fired and other employees have received written warnings, documented counseling and related education, spokeswoman Liese Klein said in a statement.
The hospital is not releasing identifying information about those staff members because of privacy concerns, Klein said. They were terminated within 10 days of the incident.

Washington, a student at Hillhouse High School in New Haven, was one of two people fatally shot near the corner of Percival and Carmel streets on June 25. Detectives said at the time that Washington, who was shot multiple times in the chest, was specifically targeted by gunman, who went so far as to confirm the victim's identity before drawing a handgun and firing.

"While the patient is unidentifiable in the photograph, the picture was unauthorized and violates our zero tolerance policy relating to patient privacy," Klein said.

The hospital, during the course of its investigation, recovered the images and deleted them from cellphones, according to Klein. She said there is no evidence that the image was shared on the Internet or posted to social media sites like Facebook.

After notifying Washington's parents about the incident, the hospital learned that they were having trouble raising money and offered to help with funeral expenses, Klein said. Though she did not specify an amount, she said the hospital has similarly assisted other families during difficult times and that the offer had nothing to do with the incident.

The family did not respond to the offer.

"The Hospital of Saint Raphael has zero tolerance for anything that violates our patients' privacy, and we handled the matter immediately and with the severity it deserved," Klein said.
By HILLARY FEDERICO,
The Hartford Courant
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I'm soooo sorry BingoT, don't mean to derail but....for some reason every time I read a post from you I feel all oddly happy/warm/comforted inside...wth is up with that? You must have some serious mothering instincts/nature stuff going on inside of you....:eek:

Back on topic: Yea sharing that sort of stuff is a good way to get fired in most any profession that allows you unique access to it. Sadly I too work in a profession that sees way to much of the "sharing" of pictures.

It's just in my Heart & I am a loving type of guy.
Hope you feel great today.
& donate blood in your area & really feel better about yourself inside.
~T~

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back