Sad Sad News in Connecticut today.

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Sad Sad News in Connecticut today.
My deepest sympathy goes out to Family & Friends.
I am so so sorry to hear about this tragedy that took place in Salem Ct.

Salem child killed in accident involving wood chipper

SALEM, CT (WFSB) -
A 6-year-old child in Salem was killed Tuesday morning after being pulled into a wood chipper, officials said.

Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance said the boy was outside with his siblings helping his father clear brush and grind trees from a neighbor's yard at the time of the incident.

The boy has been identified as Jeffrey Bourgeois.

"The young child attempted to assist his father. When the father's back was turned, he picked a branch trying to feed it into the chipper when in fact he was pulled into the chipper," Vance said.

The boy's father is in the land clearing business and was on a job on Brookside Drive when the accident occurred.

Brookside Drive has been closed so emergency officials could investigate what happened.

Investigators say the boy's father and mother, Scott and Coreen Bourgeois, and their two other children are well known in the tight-knit community.

The first person to come to the family's aid was Salem Fire Chief Gene Mairorano, who is a neighbor.

"Basically we're getting counseling for the family. I was first on the scene and kept everyone away," he said.

Police said their investigation into the accident is not criminal but state police want to make sure every aspect of the accident is investigated properly.
Link Removed (invalid URL)

I agree. I wish I hadn't read it:(
I will have nightmare from just reading it.
How will those parents ever get over a thing like that? I so feel for them:(

Very hard to even wrap your mind around such a horrible unimagineable thing. Sad to see some of the comments at the end of the article regarding the parents. Bad enough they will have to live with this. :( RIP

I have tried to articulate my thoughts and type it here. But I can't really say too much.

The little boy is being hugged by God, as I believe in God.

The family that is left here on Earth are left to deal with this unbelievable tragedy.

We cannot understand or come to terms with this. It will never be understandable.

We can only pray and hope they make it one minute at a time, right now.

My prayers are for this family.

I am not a father ... But I know how I feel when my loved ones even feel a little bit of pain.

I cannot fathom what the father and the mother are going through.

My thoughts are with the family.

Thank you for saying what we all feel and have not the words

I have tried to articulate my thoughts and type it here. But I can't really say too much.

The little boy is being hugged by God, as I believe in God.

The family that is left here on Earth are left to deal with this unbelievable tragedy.

We cannot understand or come to terms with this. It will never be understandable.

We can only pray and hope they make it one minute at a time, right now.

My prayers are for this family.

We celebrated the Risen Lord this last weekend. We do know the little boy is with him tonight, but
the father especially will need our prayers, for he can feel naught but guilt as well as grief, for having let his son "help".

We have all looked back on things we have done and have let our children do in the past and wonder
how we ever made it through.

God Bless the whole family and friends!

MaryJean

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back